Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pay to permanently unlock slots in a Home

JoStoic
JoStoic
✭✭
(sorry if this is a duplicate) I thought someone might have thought of this before, but my searches turned up nothing.

I would love it if I could pay to unlock the slots in a home. That way you could have one or two homes in tamriel that have all their slots unlocked. It could be an individual, who doesn't plan on getting a subscription (for long) who unlock's a small home so you can put all your storage coffers in it, or it could be a guild home owner who needs to stop subscribing, and wants to let people keep using the home's attuned crafting stations.

I was thinking the pricing would need to be low enough to make people who don't/can subscribe think its fine to pay for a few homes, but once they start wanting to unlock all the homes they will just subscribe (which i think zenni wants us to do anyway)

INN ROOMS: 200 crowns. - ththiseis will only give you an extra slot for a storage coffer and an extra slot for an assistant, while it *can be valuable* most people won't do it unless they just really have a special reason. But if it's cheap enough, some people might buy, because cause "why not?". But there will be so many inn rooms that will be included in future ESO chapters that it will quickly become too expensive to just unlock them all, and people who consider this option will be more tempted to get a subscription

APARTMENTS: 300 crowns. These have no more utility slots than the small apartments, so they have the same problem. Honestly, 300 crowns feels like too much.

SMALL HOUSES: 800 crowns, per home. (I'm not so sure about the prices as the homes get bigger and get more slots. So I try to include my reasoning for why I choose those prices, even if the number are off) This is a pretty big change to have a small in game home be able to hold all the storage coffers. But, the users who would be doing this would likely be individuals who just get tired of bouncing between homes all the time.

MEDIUM HOUSES: 1500 crowns per home. This gives you the ability to put a good number of useful services into the home once it's unlocked in addition to having all the coffers. Other than individuals who have been playing for a bit (with a sub), it would be something purchased by small guilds of IRL friends, probably one friend would just buy the hall on their own.

(To go with this, I feel like we would also need an automated system in place to help guilds collect resources for unlocking a home. It would need a feature where someone is designated the guild hall owner, and a feature lets guild mates donate to help unlock the home - the crowns would have to only be used for unlocking the current guild hall and if it doesn't ever get unlocked, auto return to the people who donated.)

LARGE HOUSES: 2500 crowns. Primarily for guild halls that need to be unlocked when the owner's sub ends, so they can keep adding to service collections. But individuals might still think it's worth it.

MANORS: 4000 crowns. You get the idea.

So, what do you all think? Am I way off on prices? Is this a terrible idea? Thanks for reading!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that unless you plan on redecorating more frequently than every 3 or 4 months or so, the best way to permanently unlock your slots is to take advantage of the free ESO+ trials to fill out your houses with full furnishings.

Guild halls, on the other hand, are just poorly implemented all around and could really do with an overhaul.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does bum me out that I cannot fully enjoy this feature without paying monthly for it.

So I keep to the minimalist attitude when it comes to housing.

Nothing special to see here folks.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As Varanis says, players can just take advantage of the free ESO+ trials to fully decorate a home. You can't change anything once the trial ends - well, you can remove items, but can't put them back or add anything new until you get back down below the cap.

Pro tip - you can access all of your storage containers in ANY home. Just put one out, insert/remove items, then put it away. Then, place another one to access its contents, etc. All items in a storage chest are safely stored even when the chest itself is not out on display.

Plus, any furnishings inside chests, whether on display or not, are available to use for decorating while in the housing editor.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    Does bum me out that I cannot fully enjoy this feature without paying monthly for it.

And that is a good attitude for those who choose not to sub.

However, as a subscriber, I know some people choose to out right buy the DLCs vs sub. However, Zos is willing to take their 100+ USD to buy a digital house but tells them to pound sand when it comes to decorating it. I agree with the ESO+ perks but when someone pays such significant real world money on a home that can only be purchased that way and Zos gives them less deco space because they are not subscribed. If that is the case then it is pretty much Zos tell them how little they care about that group of palyes no matter how much they spent on the home. That is one area that seems pretty sure sighted to limit a non sub.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the concept. It's like in SWTOR, where a sub gets you all sorts of benefits, such as maximum possible quickbars.
    BUT you can separately buy an unlock to get additional quickbars unlocked and which stay unlocked when you are not subbed.

It's like, sub = renting but you still have the option to buy and enjoy the benefits without subbing.
    And I definitely prefer being an owner to being a renter.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's crazy that player houses are limited without ESO+ considering the price players pay for them. I'm amazed so many support this absurd business model.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I think it's crazy that player houses are limited without ESO+ considering the price players pay for them. I'm amazed so many support this absurd business model.

That's where I am at.

If you buy with crowns, your spending between 30 to 60 dollars on a virtual house. (The price of the game itself)

Or spend countless hours making up 500k + for a decent house with ingame gold..

Not to mention these people pay a monthly due for plus

Since zos is charging that much then they should allow you to place as much as you want.. greedy as they are they could potentially make even more money with all the ridiculously priced furnishings people will still need to buy

However this is a moot point, zos wants money, not fans 🤨
    Edited by Crucified4sin on November 18, 2019 2:35PM
  • deviousthevile
    deviousthevile
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish they would do SOMETHING to up the limit. Not just of the normal furnishings, I would LOVE extra Special slots. I have a home I turned into a Zoo, and it stinks that I am limited to only using 10 pets, mounts or some combination. The zoo itself is beautifully done, but seems so barren because I can't place any more animals unless I want to just put 1 in each exhibit. Since Homestead came out this has been an issue, so could ANY Moderator at least shed some light if this is even something that is being talked about internally. I see housing as a big market for ZoS, so I don't understand the delay in catering to this whim of ours. I mean I see, in my housing guild, people NOT buying certain houses because they are too big to furnish with the limits we have. Princely Dawnlight Palalce having 700 slots (with +) is a joke, I have sooooo many bare areas because it's just too much house for such a small limit.

Love that you guys are still keeping this question/topic alive. Hopefully someday it will come to fruition.
    CP 1220
    Devious The Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    The Elven Terror Lv 50 PvP Support Healplar
    Kintao Doombringer Lv 50 MagSorc
    Healz Ur Bum Lv 50 Healplar
    Toby the Fat Node Hunter Lv 50 Stamina DK (Farmer)
    Something Disgusting Lv 50 Stamden
    You Hit my Splodey Button Lv 50 Blazing Shield Templar Tank
    Kyo Kane Lv 50 Magblade
    Watch Me Burn Lv 50 MagDK
    R N Geesus Lv 50 Stamblade
    Rampage the Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    Backslash Playdead Lv 50 Healcro
    Sallidadna of House Vile Lv 50 Stamcro
    Hand of the Night King Lv 50 Magcro
    Fróstβíté Lv 40 Ice Warden
    Bella av Cava Vile Lv 24 MagSorc
    Storc the Orc Stam Sorc Lv 50 StamSorc

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's where I am at.

If you buy with crowns, your spending between 30 to 60 dollars on a virtual house. (The price of the game itself)

Since zos is charging that much then they should allow you to place as much as you want.. greedy as they are they could potentially make even more money with all the ridiculously priced furnishings people will still need to buy

Well you see it turns out, fans and likes and heart emoji's don't pay bills...or employee salaries...or workers comp insurance..or server space.....or pay investor's returns on their investment...

It turns out, now get this...turns out MONEY pays for those things. Like you know...currency...cash or via bank transfer....

It sucks though, because if I could pay my rent with High-Fives I totally would.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭

That's where I am at.

Well you see it turns out, fans and likes and heart emoji's don't pay bills...or employee salaries...or workers comp insurance..or server space.....or pay investor's returns on their investment...

It turns out, now get this...turns out MONEY pays for those things. Like you know...currency...cash or via bank transfer....

It sucks though, because if I could pay my rent with High-Fives I totally would.

Who is it that pays thier money for the game?

Correct me if I'm wrong but its fans is it not?

So yeah fans do pay thier salaries, Workers comp, etc... cause all that money the "fans" are paying sure isn't going back into the game and its numerous issues across all platforms

not quite sure where you got the likes and emojis bit from, but yeah, sure
    Edited by Crucified4sin on November 19, 2019 1:09AM
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    No offense to you if your somehow offended I said zos is greedy
    Edited by Crucified4sin on November 19, 2019 1:08AM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Pro tip - you can access all of your storage containers in ANY home. Just put one out, insert/remove items, then put it away. Then, place another one to access its contents, etc. All items in a storage chest are safely stored even when the chest itself is not out on display.

Or spread them out across your free apartments. Some cheaper homes that are gold-buyable (e.g., Sleek Creek, Coldharbour) can let you put half of the total (if you are not ESO+) so as long as you are organized in their use it's just one extra hop away.
    Since zos is charging that much then they should allow you to place as much as you want
    I think all the Crown-only houses should definitely have the max limit unlocked whether you are ESO+ or not. But the limit of housing items is probably a performance issue that they have to look at.
    SWTOR, for example, has some pretty big homes BUT not only can you put LESS decorations than ESO, you are limited in their locations and the locations limit the size and type. Freeform placement in ESO is in comparison magical. And probably costs something in performance to allow it.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on November 21, 2019 1:38AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could pay to unlock more than the current max slots in my homes, double what the limits are now with ESO+.