The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Farming Bots (Again)

robwolf666
robwolf666
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm just wondering whether you're ever going to do anything about the cheating ****ers who put farming bots on your, supposedly secure, servers?
I'm tired of trying to go on resource runs, only to find areas picked clean by ****ing bots.
Don't tell me to submit a support ticket either, I've been reporting these cheating ****ers for over a year, and absolutely nothing seems to have been done about them.
So? When will they be dealt with?

*This is the polite version....
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who runs into said bots more often than not, the only thing you can do right now is to keep reporting them.
    Add screenshots and videos with your report, I have been doing the same for quite some time too now.

If it is any comfort - at least the harvesting nodes seem to respawn faster.

Unfortunately, we won't see an end to bots in the near future. As long as there's money to be made, there will be bots.

However, a possible way to decrease their numbers could be to implement algorithms which monitor characters with 1) nonsensical user names (such as ex.: yxxxxzzzdrrrr) 2) characters running around doing repetitive actions.

The latter should be used with extreme caution though, since numerous legitimate players like to mine/harvest and grind.

Edited by Sylianwe on April 11, 2021 2:13AM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • HoustonHeart
    I noticed it also when I came out of a wayshrine and a bu ch of them were running around throwing acetic spears in the same pattern and following each other. It caused issues in that area. All I could do is report them.

I went back a day or 2 later and they are gone and d I noticed the gamer tags associated are no longer valid. SO I imagine there were many complaints.
  • MattVH
    MattVH
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it doesn't change things that i've reported and encountered bots in the same exact spot for weeks now, but it sure makes it even more lame. It's near the shadowfen murkmire-prologue daily quest (and thus close to the town wayshrine). You'd think it would be easier for them to prevent this from happening. I guess i don't know why i think so. In any case, these aren't even trying to be subtle about the botting and yet here they are, yet again doing the same exact route near the busiest place in shadowfen for WEEKS. I'm not even going out of my way to encounter them, was just doing those dailies. Have sent a lot of reports and feedback that i'm impressed by how easy it is for them to be there. I've sent my last bot report today and i'll stop caring from now on. I'll try at least.

This game's quality standards of late are pretty disappointing, but then maybe there's a good reason for why they just can't get rid of these bots. Can't they get systems in place to prevent this by now. Surely ESO is succesful and thus resourceful enough by now?
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great... the cheating w**ker-bots are back. I hadn't seen them for close to a month, I thought they'd finally been nuked. I guess not.
  • HoustonHeart
    The joy of force glitch pulling MB’s into them and causing bots to no be able to target properly and getting them killed
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are terrible in Khenarthis Roost. Almost every node has a bit on them. I saw them moving from node to node, I was shocked.
  • tului78
    tului78
    ✭✭
    Pay some dudes minimum wage to go zone to zone and send messages to people with idiotic all letter names, if they can't respond accurately, ban them. Hell, I'd pay $5 more for ESO+ to get that
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bots are back with a vengeance... Farming bots in the usual places - Khenarthi's, Stros M'kai, Betnikh, Bleakrock...
    Plus those groups of "characters" doing the same animations at the same time - I'm assuming for XP or just to cheese people off... seen them in Betnikh and Alik'r so far.

Any chance the malicious code these cheating w*nk*rs use is causing some of the problems the game has - glitch-wise.
    Edited by robwolf666 on June 23, 2020 9:29PM