The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Southern Elsweyr Achievement Furnisher

• Lavellan
    Lavellan
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for this post! I've been wondering how to find the furnisher.
    Love the windbells as well, since I saw them first in overland. I'm really hoping that it plays the song too! That would be great :D
    Andaran atish'an, stranger.
  • inchdixprb19_ESO
    inchdixprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    some very nice items there, so I guess I will be doing some quests there.
    one thing tho, seriously, a 10 figure bank account...…. how???
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one thing tho, seriously, a 10 figure bank account...…. how???

This is a template character on the PTS...they start you out with that much. ;)
    Edited by Aisleyne on October 23, 2019 12:52PM
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Omg, the windbells. Please tell me they play the song that they do in the Khenarthi's Breath Temple. Does anyone have video?!

They do play music...tbh running through the quests so many times on the test server I tended to rush them so I can't say for certain that it is the same song, but it seems likely. The furnishing can also be turned on and off. I had them up for a while on the PTS in case anyone who does video wanted to see them, but sadly it's been wiped since then. I'd expect people to have them unlocked pretty soon now that the update is live.
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    At long last I've unlocked the achievement furnisher for Southern Elsweyr and have pictures to share! :) I've included multiple views of the painted rocks to show the difference from front to back or an idea of the shape from the side.

gbKKXso.png

gJQWX48.png

Tf0Bw3c.png

u2w6kh8.png

9Kclnxh.png

NcaIFJk.png

oHvTdt5.png

FU0eCLC.png

Bs8ZeZe.png

ho2HkPE.png

SDjVVS5.png

nK28uWk.png

OfivfGd.png

LdgJxIm.png

JDUBIRY.png

fZvzIFC.png

QbC4q7k.png

If you're interested in the specifics of unlocking the vendor, see my original thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/495280/upgrading-the-dragonguard-sanctum-progression

what, no jode lit path?
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    @Aisleyne Thanks for the pictures; I'm still trying to unlock the vendor on my account.

Do the Khenarthic Bells light up in the individual colors like they did in the quest? If so, can you cycle through all colors? How bright do they get?
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sozo108 wrote: »
    Do the Khenarthic Bells light up in the individual colors like they did in the quest? If so, can you cycle through all colors? How bright do they get?

They are on in the screenshot for an idea of brightness...I can't look at them currently and only ever had them out in otherwise unlit areas, but off memory I'd say they're fairly bright in close proximity but wouldn't really light up an area well. They don't cycle as they do in the quest. There is only one switch: all on with music or everything off.
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    @Aisleyne Sorry, I was referring to the single Khenarthic Bell, not the Windbells.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sozo108 The single bell does not light up at all. You can interact with it. There's a sort of transparent ripple effect as though you're seeing the sound wave and it sways as though it has been hit. It is also supposed to be audible according to the tool tip...however, there was no audio when I tried it on the test server. I submitted this as a bug both ingame and on the forum so hopefully it is fixed on live, but I can't say for sure.
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thank you!
  • Grasshopper2
    Grasshopper2
    ✭✭
    Cool! Thanks for posting this!
    How do you unlock the achievement furnisher, and where is it found?
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once unlocked, you'll find it upstairs in the Dragonguard Sanctum.

@Grasshopper2 Check this thread for details on how to unlock it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/495280/upgrading-the-dragonguard-sanctum-progression/p1
    Edited by Aisleyne on October 25, 2019 10:03PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

She'll be up there on the same level as the chef and Chizbari. There's a little sitting area out across from the chef's stall and she's behind a desk in the corner. If you're standing in front of the chef and turn around she'll be to the right of Caska's spot. I had some trouble finding her after I unlocked her so I thought I'd get a little detailed here. :)

Edited by Minyassa on October 25, 2019 10:30PM
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, you have been a lifesaver with this thread.

It took me 20 minutes to find the vendor and then everything crashed out with 'maintenance' again so it will be yet another day before I can put things in my house.

It feels like they made this as impossible as they could, like the clothing 'threads' that are mostly invisible.

Is there a reward for 30 since PTS or does that remain broken?
    Edited by merevie on October 27, 2019 7:35AM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just finished the 30 quests mark achievement, and other than a new NPC in the armory, I do not see any "upgrades". Really? Is this it? I also see 2 grappling points which were there before but I can't use them. I thought the rubble on the left will clear and will open a new room, maybe with alchemy and enchanting tables.

The base still looks like a ruin with recruits more likely to fit a pirate crew than a former elite order, the imperial guard /facepalm. I thought that after so many runs, maybe some areas will look better.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    @sozo108 The single bell does not light up at all. You can interact with it. There's a sort of transparent ripple effect as though you're seeing the sound wave and it sways as though it has been hit. It is also supposed to be audible according to the tool tip...however, there was no audio when I tried it on the test server. I submitted this as a bug both ingame and on the forum so hopefully it is fixed on live, but I can't say for sure.

Does anyone know whether the single bell is audible now (as it should be according to the description)? Thank you! :)
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether the single bell is audible now (as it should be according to the description)? Thank you! :)
    The single bell is audible and it makes a nice sound.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question about the Aeonstones. I saw that there are 2 different ones. I know that when 1 of them is placed in the Potentate's Retreat house and activated, it causes the other "permenant" crystals in the house to light up. Does the large formation make the other placeable furnishing fornation light up?
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question about the Aeonstones. I saw that there are 2 different ones. I know that when 1 of them is placed in the Potentate's Retreat house and activated, it causes the other "permenant" crystals in the house to light up. Does the large formation make the other placeable furnishing fornation light up?

Unfortunately, my progress on the test server has been reset so I can't check this for you. You'll note from the tooltip and images that the larger purchased crystals do light up, however, I can't say for certain whether they need the collectible to light up or if they can do so independently. I'll start doing the daily on the test server again to rank it back up, but it may take some time. In the meantime, hopefully anyone else who has purchased them already may be able to answer you.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. i appreciate the assistance.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, where is the achievement furnisher. I've found the regular furnisher, but not the achievement one. Is it unlocked later?
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go up the stairs like you're going to see the Dragon quest giver. Should be on the second floor platform to the right - not obvious at all.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    I have just finished the 30 quests mark achievement, and other than a new NPC in the armory, I do not see any "upgrades". Really? Is this it? I also see 2 grappling points which were there before but I can't use them. I thought the rubble on the left will clear and will open a new room, maybe with alchemy and enchanting tables.

The base still looks like a ruin with recruits more likely to fit a pirate crew than a former elite order, the imperial guard /facepalm. I thought that after so many runs, maybe some areas will look better.

Once you reach 30 quests there will be a chest you can open daily, it's by the quest giver on the ground floor
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Go up the stairs like you're going to see the Dragon quest giver. Should be on the second floor platform to the right - not obvious at all.

Edit: Didn't mean that last part to sound sarcastic - I meant it sincerely, it's very easy to miss.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    So beautiful! Thank you for posting. I was putting off Southern Elsweyr to do later but, guess I'm heading there tomorrow. Those rocks are so colorful!
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've finished raising my rank back up on the test server and have information on the large aeonstone formation requested by @Alphawolf01A

The Aeonstone Formation, Large furnishings act as independent lights. You can turn them on and off. They do not interact in any way with either the collectible formation or the permanent formations of the Potentate's Retreat.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright. Thank you for checking that out for me. I appreciate it.

It would have been a nice touch if the collectible acted as a "light switch" and could activate the other Aeonstones, but oh well.

Thanks again for the info.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

I was also disappointed with the base's end result. No real improvements. The starter area of the base is inaccessable. The rickety catwalk platforms look like crap and make no sense when there is an entire island to use. I mean come on, half the island is only traveled by the NPCs in the beginning and we can't go there after it's all said and done. WHY?
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    Once you reach 30 quests there will be a chest you can open daily, it's by the quest giver on the ground floor

What items can you get from it ?

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliahnus wrote: »
    ixie wrote: »

What items can you get from it ?

Similar to dragon loot, if there is something rare that can be obtained I haven't received it yet
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight