The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone review the Brp resto for pvp?

Exodium
Exodium
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys!

An item I've been curious about but haven't seen a lot of hype over and haven't seen it included in many builds is the brp resto staff.

Im not sure if the difficulty of farming it on vBRP is the issue with why it's not really discussed or become 'meta', but I want to know from those that do have it how do you find your experience with it?

Do you find the 30% heal to be significantly useful in conjunction with other heals? Or do you find that backbarring a lich resto or armour master resto is more useful overall?

And also, does it work better on some class specs over others? Seems like it'd be nice on a magdk to synergise with burning embers and cauterize, but I can't see it working on let's say a magnb or magsorc (assuming you're not using matriarch). Also seems like using it on a magden/magplar is redundant because block casting burst heals (BoL/enchanting growth) with one hand and shield or an ice staff just seems to be very effective in mitigating damage as opposed to the 30% heal a BRP resto might provide.

Anyways give me your honest unbiased thoughts :)
Edited by Exodium on February 19, 2019 11:35AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used it on magicka warden and imo you can carry an entire team in a BG with the help of the staff. Use it together with Ward Ally and you can bring someone from basically 0-100 within a second or two. In order to get maximum potential of the staff you kind of need to have a certain degree of healing capacity already (preferably with a lot of HoTs in my experience). But if utilized correctly you can reset more or less any fight with it.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I've used it on magicka warden and imo you can carry an entire team in a BG with the help of the staff. Use it together with Ward Ally and you can bring someone from basically 0-100 within a second or two. In order to get maximum potential of the staff you kind of need to have a certain degree of healing capacity already (preferably with a lot of HoTs in my experience). But if utilized correctly you can reset more or less any fight with it.

Oh are you using it on a pure support based healer?

I'd personally use it on a damage dealing character if I was to try it. I'd imagine it'd be godlike on a dedicated bg healer though because you stack your skill bars with Hots and burst heals, but on a damage dealer I'd imagine the bar is more crowded with things like dots, spammable, magick shields, etc, leaving maybe 1-2 slots available for heals/HoTs.

Hence why I was wondering if it's good on a dps even though major vitality would apply to only 1-2 skills on a bar?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a shame the skill got nerfed due to the staff.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really good on magDK, magden, and magblade.

Meh on magsorc and magplar
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    fengrush uses it in a bunch of his pvp builds and speaks very highly of it.

off the top of my head i know he uses it on his templar guardplar build.

you can find it on alcasts site here : https://alcasthq.com/eso-fengrush-templar-healer-build-pvp/
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

More effective than armour master resto backbar you reckon? Seems like that's the new meta now with shields using resistances.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost necessary on a lot of magnb builds and can be really good on mdk and magwarden. If you can get it, definitely do.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

More effective than armour master resto backbar you reckon? Seems like that's the new meta now with shields using resistances.

Would depend on the build honestly but it shines best on the 3 classes I listed.

Magsorc would probably benefit more with the armor master setup
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is really good. One of those things that many not want to "hype" too much, because not want too many to start using it.. its at the level of "i love using it - hate when see enemy having it." :p
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    5x Pariah (3x jewels,chest,legs)
    5x spinner (3xbody + lighting staff)
    2x Balorgh
    1x brp resto backbar

Thank me later
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the thing is, the staff's effect itself is really strong - major vitatlity is insane paired with hots as mentioned above. What bugs me from using it on my chars however is the fact that I don't like healing ward/ward ally as a skill anymore... It's high cost (4k) paired with a realtively low shield value - lower than dampen in most cases - isn't justified, even for a 3 sec major vitality imo. You really need to have tons of hots running already to make it's effect carry you to 100% and I cant figure to do this unless I run a dedictated suppot build
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    It’s a shame the skill got nerfed due to the staff.

Healing ward sucks now. i would prefer they took the burst heal off healing ward and buffed the initial heal a bit. I mean the other day i was sitting at 15% health untill my health regen kicked in, i ran Healing ward for it's full duration 7 times and didn't get a heal from any of the 7 wards i put on myself. Seriously, why would ZOS nerf a skill that doesn't even work right to begin with?. Healing ward has always been an RNG heal for more than 1 reason, it really didn't need a nerf.

anyways, i don't like this staff. Major Vitality is too much, i think it should have been minor. Putting Major Vitality on it just caused problems making it so ZOS felt it necessary to nerf weapon skills and Class ability's, to accommodate this staff, so i kinda hate this staff.
    Edited by Lucky28 on February 21, 2019 5:54PM
    Invictus
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    There should be progression in game, i am sure they are difficult to get or you do not own the dlc and cannot get them, maybe they should nerf your sets bonuses so no one finds you op.

If someone is boss to finish the arena and gets the weapons let him be rewarded like a boss, that happens in most games like this one, in this one you do not have to pay to get those weapons... Well you have to have the dlc.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A necro. Call the guards.