The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No Ulti Gain During Bone Goliath Transformation

zZzleepyhead
zZzleepyhead
✭✭✭
Hello there
I was wondering if this is intended or a bug.
Currently while transformed as Ravenous Goliath I'm not gaining any ultimate from light/heavy attacks nor other sources such as Necrotic Potency or Corpse Consumption Passive.
Bone Goliath is a unique ultimate lasting 20 seconds so I can understand if they'd want to curb continuous Bone Goliaths. The only other ultimate I could think of that's comparable to Bone Goliath is Magma Armor which does allow ulti-regen during it's duration. But it also comes in at a 10 second duration vs Bone Goliath's 20 seconds.
What do you think?
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't believe I generate ult when using overload either. It's most likely intended.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For some ultimates you can gain ultimate like shifting standard. I think you can gain ultimate during overload as well, you just spend it faster than you gain it, but I’m not 100% sure. I think it’s intended, not sure.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify you do NOT generate ultimate while in Overload.
    Thanks for the response.
    Seems to be intended, but 20 seconds of 0 ultimate is nothing to scoff at.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is intended because else you could be permanently in goliath form bashing your enemies away
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To clarify you do NOT generate ultimate while in Overload.
    Thanks for the response.
    Seems to be intended, but 20 seconds of 0 ultimate is nothing to scoff at.

Another one that doesn't generate ult while transformed is werewolf iirc, but you can extend the transformation as long as you can feed, so a bit different.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it is probably balanced around its effect.
    be sure that if you could generate ulti during its duration, you could have builds with 100% Goliath up-time.
  • Bullseyebudx
    Bullseyebudx
    ✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    It is intended because else you could be permanently in goliath form bashing your enemies away

People were.

They did it specifically because of bash builds only, but it made more sense when you could actually mass kill enough people with the bash build to regenerate the full ultimate amount by using necrotic potency and maybe decisive trait and bloodspawn.

With the change to bash builds though I'm not convinced it's really that necessary.

It might seem like you're invincible in Goliath mode but you're not, especially not when there's lots of people.

I'm sure there's better ultimate abilities you can currently use while you continue gaining ultimate.

Ever heard anyone complain about 100% up time on Aggressive War Horn?

• Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was also the bug where you could gain Ultimate while in Goliath form while you were Emperor - and it has been patched out.

So it's a pretty safe bet that not being able to gain Ultimate in that case is intended.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBH, there are some tricks to gain ulti as a NB while in WW form. Just drink a pot

But that's an extreme case, no transformation ulti should allow you to do that.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goliath provides functional immortality unless being attacked by 4+ people, it’s absolutely intended and balanced that you can’t generate ultimate while it’s active.