Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

can we get a pvp campaign where you cant animation cancel (for dps)?

• Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Top thread 2019 bud.

“No ani cancel anything! Wooo”

They already ruined ultimates with this nonsense... now you want my La>Skill to be turned based slow?

Do you even have a clue what you are asking?

While la-skill-bash combos are nice, its boring to watch a fight where everything is cancelled - like exe or onslaught etc etc. Game looks buggy and not beautiful. Why do we need animations at all? Some twitchy starter moves and running.

I hope there will be some midground, in another life.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    Why don't we just make the game turn based like an old-school Final Fantasy!

Also, why do you want them to try this?

or it could be the best pvp ever....

sounds pretty boring
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valabrog wrote: »
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Top thread 2019 bud.

“No ani cancel anything! Wooo”

They already ruined ultimates with this nonsense... now you want my La>Skill to be turned based slow?

Do you even have a clue what you are asking?

While la-skill-bash combos are nice, its boring to watch a fight where everything is cancelled - like exe or onslaught etc etc. Game looks buggy and not beautiful. Why do we need animations at all? Some twitchy starter moves and running.

I hope there will be some midground, in another life.

It may be boring and not beautiful to you, but for me good animation cancelling is a thing of beauty.

https://youtu.be/Zy9z82cQPTQ
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    I just roll my eyes whenever I come across a post complaining about animation cancelling. Animation cancelling was gimped hard when Thieves Guild came out. I could cancel in multiple hits that would all land by cancelling a single wrecking blow animation not to mention the damage that could be done with incap and surprise attack cancels. This was all on console so imagine what pc could have been like with macros. Weaving and cancels make the game feel smother especially with having to deal with all of the lag anyways.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just roll my eyes whenever I come across a post complaining about animation cancelling. Animation cancelling was gimped hard when Thieves Guild came out. I could cancel in multiple hits that would all land by cancelling a single wrecking blow animation not to mention the damage that could be done with incap and surprise attack cancels. This was all on console so imagine what pc could have been like with macros. Weaving and cancels make the game feel smother especially with having to deal with all of the lag anyways.

are you under the impression you cant macro a burst pattern on console? You need to visit amazon.com.

that being said the point of the differing ruleset of the pvp campaigns is to give players a chance to play. It seems like your all against that, and hence were down to ONE pvp campaign which is populated by two groups. A few hundred hardcores and those seeking transmutation crystals. Your your own worst enemy.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    Why don't we just make the game turn based like an old-school Final Fantasy!

Also, why do you want them to try this?

or it could be the best pvp ever....

If they remove animation canceling, they will have to remove healing too... This is the only MMO where healing is like 7 times stronger than damage output, so the only way to kill people is burst them down quickly without giving them time to heal.

If they slow the combat, healers and tanks will never die...
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame on you for necroing your own thread after a month of no comments. Like nobody would notice you trying to revive this terrible idea.
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a link for a "metronome" that will help you get better at weaving. There are even pauses for heavy attacks, given the recent sustain issues from the latest changes.

Edit: To include spoiler.
    Edited by beadabow on November 17, 2019 4:48PM