The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodil Delves

wild_kmacdb16_ESO
wild_kmacdb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it normal to not be able to exit a delve in Cyrodil because upon trying to exit, an error message pops up saying the 'location is full' or something to that extent? I went into one to get the AP buff from the boss but if this is normal, Im not going to bother since it took almost 10 minutes for me to be able to exit.

Best Answer

• x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard of that happening during primetime before in the main campaign. It's like it stops counting you as being in the campaign when you enter so it gives your spot away.
    Answer ✓
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    I've heard of that happening during primetime before in the main campaign. It's like it stops counting you as being in the campaign when you enter so it gives your spot away.

This

While attempting to exit, I speculated you are attempting to cut a person in line who is qued for the campaign. Problem is, you both need someone to leave in order to get out of the delve back into the campaign. May explain the occasional long wait you get when you're under 10 in the que.

Hardly a problem when there's population bar space.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Protip - don't go for the delve buff when the camp is full.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Protip - don't go for the delve buff when the camp is full.

I agree. You must enter a delve at your own risk when server is full... :D
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me but I have also a question about delves in Cyrodiil. Is it normal that you have to always wait the same time for bosses to spawn (to ones you had already killed before)? It's like they spawn on a timer starting when entering delve.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Excuse me but I have also a question about delves in Cyrodiil. Is it normal that you have to always wait the same time for bosses to spawn (to ones you had already killed before)? It's like they spawn on a timer starting when entering delve.
    @Mayrael
    Spawn times has always been very strange in the Cyrodil delves. Best you can do is to kill the ones who are up in hope that it will trigger the respawn of the ones you miss.

And certain delves are worse than others........
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A respawn timer.. if they're not there then someone was there not long ago.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »

If this would be the case sometimes bosses would be up, sometimes just some of them would be up but in my case it's like in delves I had already visited all bosses are not present, then after always the same time all of a sudden they all spawn. It's pretty annoying being forced to always wait few minutes :/
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once got a character to level 50 in a delve in Kyne (the under 50 level campaing pre-dragon named campaings) and I got trapped in the delve with a message that she wasn't allowed to join the campaign; in the end I had to join another campaign to leave the delve
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »
    I once got a character to level 50 in a delve in Kyne (the under 50 level campaing pre-dragon named campaings) and I got trapped in the delve with a message that she wasn't allowed to join the campaign; in the end I had to join another campaign to leave the delve

To me that's semi-confirmation that it does in fact remove you from the campaign when you enter a delve.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭

but in my case it's like in delves I had already visited all bosses are not present, then after always the same time all of a sudden they all spawn. It's pretty annoying being forced to always wait few minutes :/

this is correct. I believe the way cyro delve bosses work is if you or a nearby player has not killed that particular boss, spawn is instant. if you and every nearby partner has killed it, 5 min spawn.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but in my case it's like in delves I had already visited all bosses are not present, then after always the same time all of a sudden they all spawn. It's pretty annoying being forced to always wait few minutes :/

this is correct. I believe the way cyro delve bosses work is if you or a nearby player has not killed that particular boss, spawn is instant. if you and every nearby partner has killed it, 5 min spawn.

...or sometimes much longer. I once had to wait by a boss’s spawn point in some delve near the AD gates for 20+ minutes for it to respawn. Some bosses seem to have messed up respawn times. If I hadn’t needed that boss for the clear I probably would’ve just given up.