The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

so about that update on the Undaunted event being cancelled...

okiav
okiav
✭✭✭
Dear ZOS, you have said the following regarding the cancellation of the Undaunted event:
"We know that the loss of this event is disappointing and frustrating, and we have begun discussing what to do in its place."
and later
"We are still discussing next steps, and will let you know as soon as we have a plan."

It would be awesome to learn something new on this... All I notice is silence on the matter so far...
I mean it's not like this fiasco was as unexpected as the spanish inquisition, is it?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we really could use an update on the situation
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering the same...
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  •  Silent_Majority
    I would hazard a guess and suggest the only update you are going to get this soon after the cancellation is, something to the effect of we are working on it. Give them a bit of time. Well that's just IMHO.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're still discussing what the plan is. We'll post in that main thread as soon as we have something nailed down.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a meeting monday
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give me the snowy reindeer mount and cancel them all.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been less than 24 hours since they cancelled. Give them a minute.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're still discussing what the plan is. We'll post in that main thread as soon as we have something nailed down.

Thank you for the update. Do you think we will know before the weekend? :)
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭

Take your time so you all can make a wise choice.

As for us, players, let's be patient and avoid all the negativity ;)

a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but a lot of people were hoping to have the weekend to participate in the event, so I think some of us were hoping to have the replacement before then instead of next week or something.
  • rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe do the crafting event. That shouldn’t break. Just put the rewards in those boxes.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.co%2Fimages%2F9f1d77a1d364b38c2a5f2636c91ff914%2Fraw&f=1&nofb=1
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic ZOS.

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rustle911 wrote: »
    Maybe do the crafting event. That shouldn’t break. Just put the rewards in those boxes.
    1ExiIG1.gif
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    My best guess is that they will thank us for our patience and understanding !
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Constructively speaking, I would prefer ZoS focus on server stability, performance issues, and BGs/Dungeon grouping tools instead of focusing on events/crown store stuff/new content. In Lehman’s: “A 💩 covered in glitter is still a 💩 “

I think many longtime fans and current users would support a delay in new content/etc if the reward was a better functioning game.
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

There was no contingency plan already put into place? All the players knew this event would fail. Surely ZOS knew as well.
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do people thank them when being fed crumbs ?
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saltisol wrote: »

Because crumbs are acknowledgement, and sometimes that's all people want.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.co%2Fimages%2F9f1d77a1d364b38c2a5f2636c91ff914%2Fraw&f=1&nofb=1

Maybe if ZoS had used grip tape on the event...
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »

But the crumbs haven't changed a thing so why keep thanking them ?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is being polite. I agree that it would be much more entertaining in here if ZOS behaved like the players.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They put so much faith in new Finder..
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »

But the crumbs haven't changed a thing so why keep thanking them ?

The same reason people keep asking for info when the devs and support team obviously don't have any to give us: they appreciate not feeling forgotten.

We'll know what they know not long after they know it, but idle hands are awfully antsy hands.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's been 24 hours, they've technically had quite a few minutes.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Constructively speaking, I would prefer ZoS focus on server stability, performance issues, and BGs/Dungeon grouping tools instead of focusing on events/crown store stuff/new content. In Lehman’s: “A 💩 covered in glitter is still a 💩 “

I think many longtime fans and current users would support a delay in new content/etc if the reward was a better functioning game.

This 110%.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    Could we get the Impresario enabled at least, so those of us with tickets from witches event can use them? -Thanks!
  • nolangrady
    nolangrady
    ✭✭✭
    okiav wrote: »
    Dear ZOS, you have said the following regarding the cancellation of the Undaunted event:
    "We know that the loss of this event is disappointing and frustrating, and we have begun discussing what to do in its place."
    and later
    "We are still discussing next steps, and will let you know as soon as we have a plan."

It would be awesome to learn something new on this... All I notice is silence on the matter so far...
    I mean it's not like this fiasco was as unexpected as the spanish inquisition, is it?

Absolutely agree. This only proves the game is now officially in cash grab mode. No future plan updates, no recognition of the many ongoing issues and bugs, no state of the game discussion, and now they don’t have the courtesy to even provide a follow-up as to how this will be rectified.

I not one of those people that will tell others how to spend their hard earned dollars however I will no longer spend a cent on the crown store or ESO+ until we are acknowledged in a professional manner. Sadly, it won’t matter because they will continue to bring in new players to cash grab them rinse and repeat. This is almost Trion level dung
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okiav wrote: »
    and later

Dont count on ZoS giving us an update. They probaly will let it die down, like they did in the past with similar issues.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh