Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loggin error and frozen screens... Have I been the only one?

Linnpingvin
Linnpingvin
Soul Shriven
Ive been trying to log in since wednesday morning... Up until yesterday morning I havent been able to at all. I keep getting error codes, or frozen screen before I get past character select. Yesterday morning I got to log in, 2 seconds later I got kicked out, and havent gotten in again since.

So far Ive pretty much tried everything there is.
I deleted saved data. Reset the Xbox, reset the router, called my internet provider to make sure all needed ports were open, reset my router again, deleted all xbox content (games, apps, accounts) then re installed everything, Ive tried switching out my dns, cabled internett, wireless, i tried on a different xbox at home, I visitted some friends and tried on their Xbox, and a few other steps, and nothing!

The game just wont let me in. Missed out on pretty much most of the event and all the good loot, and prog runs.
Hopefully tomorrows maintenance and update fixes this for me, but it is really annoying when ESO is the only game affected by this.
  • Sharky20
    Sharky20
    Hi @Linnpingvin

I have the same issue. I haven't been able to play for about 2 weeks now. I get the occasional login but then just get booted after a minute or 2. I am on Xbox One and EU server. It's so annoying! I feel your pain.
  • Linnpingvin
    Linnpingvin
    Soul Shriven
    The few times Ive gotten past server select, Ive tried both servers. Neither gets me in... Hoping todays patching fixes it!
    And after sending in a ticket on it, I just got sent around in a loop of things to do.. :/
  • Sharky20
    Sharky20
    I honestly hope so as well!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Linnpingvin

If you're still having issues after today's update, please let us know what your current ticket number is.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sharky20
    Sharky20
    Absolutely sad, I have now made the decision to completely give up on the game. The technical support is absolutely poor. Been struggling for so long now. I have officially cancelled my ESO Plus subscription (As there is no point in paying for something that I am unable to use) and I will be deleting the game soon (No point in having such huge files on my Xbox Hard drive if it doesn't work). Thanks for the great play time as the game was truly amazing but one has to know when to draw the line and move on to the next game (Hopefully one with much better technical support).

Cheers
  • HansaBergen
    HansaBergen
    ✭✭✭
    I get to the Cyrodill screen, than my game freeze. Been like this since yesterday. Tried all my chars that are placed in my house, craglorn and around. Freezing every time i try login. I'm on xbox na
    Edited by HansaBergen on November 7, 2019 12:21PM
  • Linnpingvin
    Linnpingvin
    Soul Shriven
    Ive had issues myself after patch, but Ive seen multiple others has also had the same problems... Which is normal after patch for this game.. But as this point im just happy i get in at all 😅
  • mvavrock7b14_ESO
    mvavrock7b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue on Xbox One X console with character stuck at loading screen. I have been in contact with ESO and have done all troubleshooting that has been offered and still not able to log in. #191105-002848

The few times that I have got into the game, as soon as I use a wayshrine or enter anything that requires a loading screen I am kick out of the game. The responses from customer service keep pointing the problem to my internet type, which uses a variable Ip. I have been using this type of internet for over a year now and this was a non issue up until patch 24 dropped.

"As for what's changed in Update 24 to make this issue prominent on your specific connection, unfortunately we at Customer Support do not have any specific information on what's changed in the backend in regards to the connectivity of the servers. This all being said, we're not able to guarantee that any other troubleshooting steps that you can perform will make very large of an impact on the issue given that you're unable to set up a static IP."

This is the response that I got after I asked what type of backend changes were done that would cause this type of connection issue. As I stated above I have been playing ESO in this internet for over a year and nothing has change, my connection is fine. I can play World of Warcraft, download and stream without any problems.. I just cant play ESO.

So basically what is being implied that if something was changed and it affects my type of internet connection, I may not be able to play the game, period. So, three people in my household with hundreds of dollars each and thousands of hours invested in the game may have just lost their ability to play this game without a justification. Just some generic excuse pointing the problem at the end user.
  • Linnpingvin
    Linnpingvin
    Soul Shriven
    I was told the same..
    When their troubleshooting didnt work, it had to be Xbox or my Internett... But Eso is the only game with this oroblem, so would be weird if it were Xbox, and only affecting one game. And ut couldnt be my internett, since It works on other accounts...

I got in after last patch, but I have to log in about 10 times before I actually get to the character select screen..

And now I cant even bother to send in another ticket on it, just so they can send me around in the same loop with "Do this, do that" of things Ive already done...

Last ticket I wrote, examoel, Ive un installed the game, then re installed it, didnt work. Their response was " Try to clear saved data,if that doesnt work uninstall the game, then reinstall it" 🤦

What great help!
  • mvavrock7b14_ESO
    mvavrock7b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I was told the same..
    When their troubleshooting didnt work, it had to be Xbox or my Internett... But Eso is the only game with this oroblem, so would be weird if it were Xbox, and only affecting one game. And ut couldnt be my internett, since It works on other accounts...

I got in after last patch, but I have to log in about 10 times before I actually get to the character select screen..

And now I cant even bother to send in another ticket on it, just so they can send me around in the same loop with "Do this, do that" of things Ive already done...

Last ticket I wrote, examoel, Ive un installed the game, then re installed it, didnt work. Their response was " Try to clear saved data,if that doesnt work uninstall the game, then reinstall it" 🤦

What great help!

What makes this so frustrating is that something changed in the patch ( no the backend memory changes) and ESO customer service is either being told to ignore it or they aren't being given the correct information at all. If I was told that "hey you cant play our game anymore", I would be pissed but at least I would know and could break the news to my parents who cant play the games either.
    In good faith all three of us bought the new DLC on NOV 5th. We haven't been able to touch it. My parents are in their 70's and have a limited income. Not that they can't afford it, but not being able to play what is now their hobby, something that they paid for, is hard to swallow.
    At this point I am at a loss of words ( not really) about how this is being handled. I understand that millions are still playing the game but for those that have lost the ability to play, we deserve an explanation. As I have stated before, I played the game with my parents on the same internet for over a year on the same internet type. The only thing the changed was the patch and now I cant.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Linnpingvin

If you are running into the same issues again with getting disconnected while playing ESO, you can respond back to your previous ticket to re-open it. Doing so will help with avoiding the need to start a new ticket on your existing issue.
    Staff Post
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the 8 months celebration day of my completely stuck Xbox EU account!!! I've been trying to be as patient and polite as I can so far, but this doesn't even seem to be any serious issue. Probably I need to take a little different approach eventually, it won't be so polite anymore and I don't care about any forum warnings or bans, then all the hell is loose on some other forum. I don't want to go all dumbarse, but Zenimax you must start taking seriously care of your loyal customers, it's simply not enough to just throw some troubleshoot list every time when people have explained their situatíon very clearly. It's no excuse that you have bazillions of players and profits are nice, so it's just the same if someone cannot play at all and simply is forced to quit when that's the only option for them.
  • mvavrock7b14_ESO
    mvavrock7b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It's the 8 months celebration day of my completely stuck Xbox EU account!!! I've been trying to be as patient and polite as I can so far, but this doesn't even seem to be any serious issue. Probably I need to take a little different approach eventually, it won't be so polite anymore and I don't care about any forum warnings or bans, then all the hell is loose on some other forum. I don't want to go all dumbarse, but Zenimax you must start taking seriously care of your loyal customers, it's simply not enough to just throw some troubleshoot list every time when people have explained their situatíon very clearly. It's no excuse that you have bazillions of players and profits are nice, so it's just the same if someone cannot play at all and simply is forced to quit when that's the only option for them.

That has been part of the point I have been trying to make to the customer service reps I have been dealing with. In almost all instances they have taken the generic approach to dealing with the issue I and quite a few others are having.

I can stress enough that I have been playing this game for over a year on the internet type that Zenimax now claims to be problematic. I still cant get a straight answer as to what change to make the game unplayable.

Today I spent 3 hours on the phone with my ISP going over this issue with them. Nothing changed to the router or the settings that would cause this to happen. To make sure I was getting the best possible answers I made sure I was talking to a Tech. We went over every setting that could cause issue with this type of game on the Xbox One. Nothing change on the ISP end or with the router settings. At the end of the day, the question still remains, why can I play World of Tanks, Borderlands 3, World of Warcraft but not ESO? Why was I able to play ESO the day before patch 24 came out and then immediately after patch 24 I can't?

Hey ZOS_BillE, Where is my response? I even put a ticket # in my first post. Any chance you can help out since my problem is about the same as the one you did respond to?

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mvavrock7b14_ESO

You can respond back to your existing ticket #191105-002848 to re-open the ticket and let our support team know you've tried contacting your ISP. However having a variable IP address means that troubleshooting may not resolve the login issues you're encountering.
    Staff Post
  • mvavrock7b14_ESO
    mvavrock7b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE, I do fully understand how and why this is an issue ( I am a network engineer). Where are the specific recommendations for internet on either PC or Xbox One called out?I mean it says internet required, plain as day, Broadband Internet. Not once, that I seen, specifics calling out non-Variable IP as a problem for this game. Most new buyers are going to find this out after the fact. Our Fixed-Wireless is very much a broadband internet type and many multiplayer games are very playable on this type of connection.
    There are many buyers of this game old and new that should know this going in. Because, in one case you have a household like mine that have been playing on the internet you now claim as problematic, that cant play the game. If we knew this say year ago we would stop buying or maybe invested elsewhere. Now we have 3 accounts, time, and $$ wasted. Maybe this was an underlining thing bound to happened but our problems specifically happened after patch 24. An issue your customer service and network team seem to be either ignoring or don't really give a crap about.
    Or you might have a new customer that buys this game and their only option of internet comes with a the same issue of Dynamic IP, no port forwarding or control over NAT Type. They should know going in that this game is unplayable on that type of internet and it should be that responsibility of your company to let them know. Rather then doing what is likely and let them buy the game to find out its going to be a crap show. Suffering through this moot process that I am going through right now.
    Thanks for the response @ZOS_BillE.
    Edited by mvavrock7b14_ESO on November 15, 2019 3:53AM
  • Linnpingvin
    Linnpingvin
    Soul Shriven
    @mvavrock7b14_ESO
    I have a dynamic IP, shouldnt be a problem... But I can see why they would blame it 🤦
    Im living for the day where Zos says "Sorry, we *** up, and we dont know how to fix it"