The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New 30 day campaign completely dead on ps4 EU

MCBIZZLE300
MCBIZZLE300
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a very simple idea but i think this new 30 day non locked campaign should be put at the top of the list of campaigns rather than bieng hidden at the very bottom. I know this sounds stupid but i think itl have some impact as itl remind people that such a campaign exists. I really hope it is successful and not just another empty instance of cyrodiil.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want to split an already declining player base on a Troll'esque campaign like a new non-faction lock 30 day campaign? Faction lock was hated by some, but clearly this was needed.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Faction lock was hated by some, but clearly this was needed.

Faction lock 'was' not hated, but IS hated, not only by some, but by many (see many posts in this section). And no, it was not needed, but rather it has contributed to shrinking the player base.

The new campaign is empty because a) it was introduced without resetting the campaigns b) it is listed towards the bottom of the list and c) they are even making players pay for re-homing it!

PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shocking and unexpected.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are options for campaign. Locked or not you can choose. Since they locked the main campaign and left the 7 day unlocked I had been there long before and it changed names twice. But now since they locked it, it really became garbage. We do need more options. 1 locked CP campaign is not enough when it's full most of the time and the other 3 are empty. I don't recall ever seeing a non CP campaign full, ever. Look like 1 of those needs to be replaced with another locked CP campaign. Forum posters are like 1% of the player base in this game. If locked is so hated then the other campaign would be full. It's undebatable that the numbers speak for themselves. What really contributed to the shrinking of player base is changes and brokenness. Entire guilds quit over the Summerset fiasco and have not returned. Shor had epic fights back then, after Summerset there were like 3 to 10 AD max for a few months. The reds had the same thing. It has just never recovered from what I can tell. Since the lock though that 7 day got horrible. Boosters came in and tried locking up the leaderboards on all alliances. I respect your opinion but I don't understand why locked is not the obvious choice? I assure you the shrinking player base has nothing to do with alliance locking. There's other options for that. I think it's just dying from the every 3 month make a new build mantra of ESO, oh and the bugs and whatnot. Can't forget that lol.
    Edited by Spartabunny08 on November 8, 2019 1:11PM
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Why would you want to split an already declining player base on a Troll'esque campaign like a new non-faction lock 30 day campaign? Faction lock was hated by some, but clearly this was needed.

The main campaign is just a load screen, blue screen, console shredding mess at peak times. That is why.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't consoles just get the update? If so suggesting new ideas so soon is far to early.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Didn't consoles just get the update? If so suggesting new ideas so soon is far to early.

Hi yes consoles got it. I’m from PS4 EU. It was dead. It kinda is now. Meaning, score is good. Only reason why I on new campaign. Is due to guild rule of not attack em in Kal.

Since Kal is there main Campaign. At same time my Guild could play what they please. However my Guild (I made) kind of made a Pact of another Guild I in. Hence again Kal issue. I don’t think the Guild In Karl won’t be new campaign anytime soon. Heard they like the locked campaign and not worry about Yol DC, getting on red account and take hammer back To DC in Yol. Rip Yol, but yea. That’s kind of reason why new campaign is kind of dead.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can place it on first spot with shiny neons and any sheit you want, I'll stick to locked campaigns anyway. It's so refreshing to be able to talk about our moves in zone, not worrying about some troll grabbing the scroll or pug leaders who intentionally drag their groups into useless fights (Alessia Bridge I'm looking at you).

Go enjoy farming APs with friends on resources to became emp but without me :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don´t think it´s too difficult to come to the conclusion that most people don´t really care wether or not a campaign is locked or not (some people obviously do but that´s not the point). What matters the most is wether or not you´ll find people populating the campaing. I absolutely despise faction locks but I´ll play on Kaahlgrontid and Bhaalokdaan anyway, since that´s where I´ll most likely find some action and other players to fight.

And if you look back during the years you can see that the 30 day CP and 30 day NO-CP has always been the most populated ones, even without faction locks, so I don´t think I´m too far off with the conclusion that people will go where tha majority is.

The new campaign faces a "catch 22" issue. People would go there if there was enough population, but no one is willing to populate it since they don´t know if others will go there either. And to be fair, I´m not sure if there´s even enough population to consistantly fill three 30 day campaigns. I barely see Khaalgrontid with filled bars during primetime anymore, which kinda gives a hint on the PvP population.

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same on Xbox. I understand that during off peak hours there may only be one active campaign due to ZOS's neglect when it comes to fixing issues and promoting PvP in their game, but during prime time there is an option to populate the unlocked campaign and for the most part players still won't do it. Instead, they will wait in a queue for 30 minutes to lag out and have a horrible experience.
    Maybe this will change after the current Kaal campaign ends (horrible idea not to reset campaigns BTW ZOS).
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also have to keep in mind that the new zone hasn't even been out a week and players are probably still messing around in it.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    You also have to keep in mind that the new zone hasn't even been out a week and players are probably still messing around in it.

Ah, one of the classics. Nice.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still remember people saying "make a 30 days unlocked campaing and let's see which one gets more populated"
    😂😂
  • Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    As a new player 30day locked campaign is insane to me. I made a decision when trying the game and well, now I have to live with it. I tried other characters from other alliance on other campaign than locked Kall and well, there were 0 people. None responding to propositions of grouping and map was 'under attack' icons free. Seems like on PS4 EU only Kaal lives.

I do not get why campaign is 30days long. It should be 7 days and there should be only 2 campains, CP and NON-CP (both alliance unlocked). After all the design of the PvP should encourage to play more (as to milk money from players) not to make them quit due to no gameplay option :/
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

So, now that the zone's not so new, how's the pop in the new campaign? Lemme guess... they were all too busy doing the event?

It will pick up soon, I'm sure.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non faction locked 30 day campaign is also dead on the PC-NA server. However, I still go in and play that campaign. I like being able to play all my different faction characters in one campaign. You can still find small groups if that is what you are in to. I play solo but there are still enemy players to kill. I was never a fan of faction locked and am surprised the majority of players did not break away from that campaign once the non-faction locked campaign became available again.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts have been removed from this thread due to discussing inappropriate content. Please refer to our community rules when posting discussions.
    Staff Post
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to let you know its dead on ps4 NA to why is that because its an bad idea the only players that do play it happens to be on all 3 leaderboads because they flip the map on one move to the next and then to the other ap farming an dead campaign good job ZOS giving them that cheat an easy way to do it
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who would have thought?