The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do BGs feel post dot-mania?

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
Console player here.

I'm just wondering how BGs are going in the new patch, especially considering that dots have been brought back into line.
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot better, significantly, although games are a bit too slow paced when full time healers are in the games

Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    healing is oppressive - if you have a healer you have a significant advantage

premades are oppressive - against pugs they generally dominate

dizzy swing into heavy attack stun is significantly less desirable than the dizzy into immediate stun into immediate follow up dizzy into executioner/beserker rage.

not being dizzy swing stun every 6 seconds by 80% of the pvp combatants is a welcome change

magicka sorcs and plars are now extremely strong, as compared to very strong previous patch.

stone fist is not that bad.

cutting dive still feels clunky and the 7m off balance range requirement combo'd with the need to get into melee with your subs creates an odd combo of yo-yo'ing in no-man's land when fighting people.

bound armaments felt like filler damage - when i would use it, i saw very little movement in the opponents health.

bull netch for stam warden is now AMAZING. spamming it to remove conditions is fantastic. the new minor vuln dot is also great.

overall - i think magicka classes such as DK, Plar, and Sorc are going to feel even better to play now. This is due to the relative nerf to stam classes from the hit to dizzy swing and onlsaught. I felt magicka toons were good last patch but will now be even better. As for stamina toons, I think the stamplar and stamdk will be largely neutral this patch compared to last. Warden will take some time to find sweet spot with cutting dive and shalks play. Necro, Sorc, and Blade i'm worried about.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of healing and mag sorcs (both overpeforming), battlegrounds feel pretty good.
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I noticed is that seems zos reseted mmr. Playing against people with 60,130cp that don't even know about existence of break free...
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They messed with group finder. Not sure exactly what’s going on but there’s some weird matches happening. I don’t think they got rid of MMR but it’s definitely drawing from a wider pool. That could be because of the fact that not many people were queueing BGs on day 1 though
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snares are still horrible.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    magicka sorcs and plars are now extremely strong, as compared to very strong previous patch.

Magsorcs again?

It didn't take long for zos to return them to a top-tier PVP class.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot better, significantly, although games are a bit too slow paced when full time healers are in the games

Which means they're gargbage. Attrition/dots dont exist in this game. Their are trap-choices called dots.

The game is back to being the single-meta, cc-burst-die or else everyone is able sustain themselves to infinity. See all the posts as to why they're mathematically still a bad choice (public test forums).

What I find funny, is the scraps being thrown to Mag-DK because someone thought it is thematically a dot class (more like, enough people cried). Can you imagine the rage if the single target spammables did 20% more for Sorcs because someone thinks they're the DPS class?

PvP, while for a brief moment looking like someone actually cared about balance, is now back to the laughable manner it existed in for years.

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's far worse this patch. Maps are still dog *** , *** does not die and healers providing auto wins
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on October 23, 2019 7:36PM
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opinions differ. Based on the 10+ matches I did last night things are feeling pretty good to me. My mele chars can actually hang in the fight for a while without needing to jump behind a wall and fight for my life against dots every few seconds.

People saying healers give teams a huge advantage.. that was already the case. Nothing new there.

Everyone seems to think this patch encourages a tanky META but it does not seem that way at all to me. Damage in general is lower and dots aren't nearly as much of a nuisance. People are trying to push damage even more which means they are sacrificing defense.
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like more MVP badges may be in my magwarden healer's future. (on console)

OTH, my stamblade will probably continue to avoid bgs.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds for the first time in a long time feel great and just pvp overall. So good im doing my daily match on multiple toons now without cheesing it in lowbie bgs
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »

stone fist is not that bad.

Finally see someone else agree with that too. :)
  • moosegod
    moosegod
    ✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds feel better now that I am not constantly on the defensive trying to outheal insane dot pressure. However now that the pressure is gone dedicated healers are very strong. Also with the sorc pet now having a breath of life heal (LOL) there are more viable heals. I was just in a match where no one could die because a team of templars and sorcs were outhealing all the damage. Sorc can now streak away, stun you, and have a big burst heal to recover. It was very irritating. 3 of the team's players had as much healing as my team's 3 dps had damage done.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The healing is currently overly oppressive in BGs.

You see healers with +2m heals and while some might say "well I also see DDs with +2m damage", that's forgetting the fact that probably at least 2/3s of all healing is either overhealing or heals to one's self with neither of those included in the healing score. Your self heals alone are over a 1/4 of your total heals. The way I see it, healing at the moment is at least twice as effective as damage, probably more.

We've had single target and ground AoE DoTs heavily nerfed but healing has remained un-nerfed and uncapped. If anything, healing skills have been getting buffed recently. And that's on top of the reduction in sources of Major Defile (mostly Reverb, Incap and Durok's Bane nerfs).

But if you dare suggest that heals need to be nerfed, straight after the damage being nerfed, the PvE mob will go apoplectic. Fact remains, we'll need a form of rebalance soon if the BGs are to be improved.Through battle spirit or otherwise.

Edited by Maulkin on October 28, 2019 4:09PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People saying healers give teams a huge advantage.. that was already the case. Nothing new there.

What? No. That wasn't the case for a great many patches.

A healer was just another player, you were swapping more team damage for more team heals, but with a balance. You could easily get by without a healer in a team that had sufficient cross-healing (i.e. each DDs putting out 200-300k in heals as well), even against a team with 3 DDs and 1 healer. You didn't feel at a disadvantage.

However currently, a decent healer will comfortably offer a 2-to-1 value ratio by outhealing the damage of 2 opposition DDs. And the only way you can bring one down is through coordinated ulti-drop in one stunlock, which requires premade in voice comms.

Edited by Maulkin on October 28, 2019 4:19PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It morph into tank meta?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Matchmaking is broken and the games are not balanced any more. 90% of the games finish: 500-200-100.
    Because I can!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Matchmaking is broken and the games are not balanced any more. 90% of the games finish: 500-200-100.

Great for achievement hunting tho ;)
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMR is not working anymore and finally BG's is not a god damn PVE dps parse
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on November 4, 2019 4:37PM
  • nckg84
    nckg84
    ✭✭✭
    What bg's? I cant even get in one.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    The healing is currently overly oppressive in BGs.

You see healers with +2m heals and while some might say "well I also see DDs with +2m damage", that's forgetting the fact that probably at least 2/3s of all healing is either overhealing or heals to one's self with neither of those included in the healing score. Your self heals alone are over a 1/4 of your total heals. The way I see it, healing at the moment is at least twice as effective as damage, probably more.

We've had single target and ground AoE DoTs heavily nerfed but healing has remained un-nerfed and uncapped. If anything, healing skills have been getting buffed recently. And that's on top of the reduction in sources of Major Defile (mostly Reverb, Incap and Durok's Bane nerfs).

But if you dare suggest that heals need to be nerfed, straight after the damage being nerfed, the PvE mob will go apoplectic. Fact remains, we'll need a form of rebalance soon if the BGs are to be improved.Through battle spirit or otherwise.

Cant agree more, u can really feel lack of proper defile tools atm.
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube