The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any Race Any Alliance upgrade

InfinityIncarnate
Hello.

I'm trying to change one of my characters alliance using a race change token, since it allows a character to be of any race in any alliance.
But it seems there is a bit of a problem, as I cannot change the alliance, all I can do is change the race, even if I don't change the race and click save it says it will use a race change token - even when I didn't make any changes what so ever.

This might be as I suspect, that selecting the ANY ALLIANCE part is ONLY during character creation, which is quite bad if that is the case.
It migh also be, if I hit the save button it will spend the race change token, but then allow me to actually change the alliance of the character ONCE, but only 1 time.

It should be possible to change the alliance while using the race change token, otherwise it's quite frankly misleading advertisement.

Thank you.

/Inc.

• InfinityIncarnate
    As a follow up element to the above, the race change toke tooltip specifically states:

"Players can use this token to change a character's race on the character selection screen.
    Note: players cannot change to a race they do not own. Similarly, players who do not own the
    "Any Race, any Alliance" upgrade cannot change to a race disallowed by their alliance".

According to the last bit, I should be able to change the race to any alliance of my choosing, since I own the "Any Race, any Alliance" upgrade, and since you can be any race within any alliance, I should be able to select the same race with a different alliance.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot use the race change token as an alliance change token (which does not exist).

If you use a race change token without having the 'any race any alliance'-perk, then you can only race change to any of the other two races belonging to your alliance. If you do have the perk, you can change to any race regardless of which alliance they belong to. Nowhere does it state that you can change alliance - which you can't. It's a race change token. ;)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath