The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in Castle of the Worm quest due to bug HELP

xNxKargionxVx
I can't do anything i am stuck in the Castle of the Worm quest because cadwell wont move. I can't do anything in the game now.
  • Sprawll
    Sprawll
    Soul Shriven
    I am too. Same issue. Caldwell is stuck in the pool.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Submit a /bug report in game and may want to also submit a support ticket through the website. If the quest is bugged they need to know. A GM maybe can come in game and progress you in the quest depending on what the issue is. There were 20 of us stuck in Coldharbour a few days ago and a very nice GM came in and progressed all of us past a wall in a bugged quest so we could complete the quest.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The alternative is to abondon the quest and start again.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • emeraldbay
    emeraldbay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Or you could just teleport to a wayshrine outside of the quest area (i.e. the wayshrine in Vulkhel Guard). Exiting the area will force the quest to restart from the beginning, without having to abandon it.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emeraldbay wrote: »
    ...Or you could just teleport to a wayshrine outside of the quest area (i.e. the wayshrine in Vulkhel Guard). Exiting the area will force the quest to restart from the beginning, without having to abandon it.
    You can't teleport out of the quest instances, many people have posted about being stuck especially in this one as many players find it impossible to complete without leveling up some more.

The only way is to log out for some time and then log back in and you'll find the instance has timed-out and your character is outside.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 10, 2014 10:55AM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't abandon the main quest line so if logging out for 15 minutes, which is the time it takes for the server dbase to refresh, doesn't fix it and you can't /stuck out of it, then a GM needs to help.

• emeraldbay
    emeraldbay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emeraldbay wrote: »
    You can't teleport out of the quest instances, many people have posted about being stuck especially in this one as many players find it impossible to complete without leveling up some more.

The only way is to log out for some time and then log back in and you'll find the instance has timed-out and your character is outside.
    Are you sure? I've teleported out on more than one occasion. The fight with Mannimarco is one recent example that comes to mind. My armor was shot and I was getting nowhere fast, so I just let myself die and then paid a modest fee to get the *** out of there.
  • SeidoDragon
    SeidoDragon
    Soul Shriven
    invite a guildie to your group and teleport to that player....gg
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @emeraldbay you are correct about Mannimarco most definitely, it was the first time I couldn't find an exit from a quest which I had not managed to complete.

I clearly remember the conversation with my Guildies who.........

1:- Found it hilarious when I admitted how many times I had died.

And

2:- Informed me I could either pull up my map and transport to a wayshrine, or travel to one of them. I did the former. :D
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to say but 2+ years later this bug STILL exists. Caldwell won't move.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • hurry143
    hurry143
    ✭✭
    Even sadder to say: 4+ years later this bug STILL exists.
  • KexinAD
    KexinAD
    ✭✭
    Caldwell is stuck in the damn slope after turning off the vent. FFS.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since this thread is over five years old the discussion will be closed. If you have encountered a bug while playing ESO you can start a new thread in the Bug Report forum to report it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.