The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Was Sai Sahan a member of the Dragonguard in the base game?

MLGProPlayer
MLGProPlayer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Or was that something that was made up retroactively to fit the narrative of the DLC?

I can't remember it being mentioned in the base game, but I could be totally misremembering.
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That settles that. Thank you. :)
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was. But it was Varen's made-up, this is what I think the Dragonguard is and what they will do for me, version. Not the actual dragon hunter's of old Dragonguard. It was sortof explained in the Dragonhold Prologue quest.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2nd era is marked by having like a dozen people calling themselves Emperor.

And every "Emperor" needs body guards. Sai Sahan was Varen's. And there's tons of other dragonguards for other pretenders.

Judging from the information we have, it doesn't seem like Sai Sahan learned directly from emperor Reman III's (the last fully legitimate emperor, 600 years ago or so) Dragonguard, but rather, from manuscripts they left behind.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    He was. But it was Varen's made-up, this is what I think the Dragonguard is and what they will do for me, version. Not the actual dragon hunter's of old Dragonguard. It was sortof explained in the Dragonhold Prologue quest.

Drake of Blades' dialog supports this:
    Yes. I'm a member of the Dragonguard. Or, I should say, the true Dragonguard.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.