The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Best race for Orsinium

mocap
mocap
✭✭✭✭✭
It's Ork, right? I know Orsinium introduced unique "race related" dialogs, when NPC recognize your race and gives you special dialog text.
Im currently did some Orsinium quests with Redgard and Breton and it seems nobody cares about it, not even a sigle line about those races.

So i will get the best experience with Orsinium by rolling Ork, right?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would image an Orc would have the best options.

I've not seen a great number of locations where the game references player race to be honest. Maybe it's because I play Dunmer and there are not as many locations though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc characters have the option to take a unique quest ending when you do Clan Shatul.

There will be some dialogue differences but for the most part, you'll still be treated as an outsider because you weren't raised in Orsinium.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano

So ork then, thank you. Anything like that for Morrowind? Worth to replay as dunmer?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    VaranisArano

So ork then, thank you. Anything like that for Morrowind? Worth to replay as dunmer?

The Dunmer of Morrowind tend to treat everyone as outlanders, including other Dunmer, as fits their actions in TES III.

You'll see a much bigger dialogue difference if you play Summerset as an Altmer vs any other race. I haven't played Elsweyr enough to say for that content.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally speaking, I would do Wrothgar with any race except Orc.

I found the experience of playing Wrothgar as an Orc to be very counter-intuitive. Everyone still assumes you are an outsider, and treats you like one. Very few NPC's acknowledge your race.

The special arrangement with the Shatul was the worst part of it all. Everything we know about Orc culture tells us that it should have a lot of downstream consequences, but instead it has absolutely none.

And at the end of the main quest they basically tell you to get lost. When I played it through as a non-Orc this all felt right. As an Orc it just felt wrong.

So, the choice is yours.

As for other zones...

The natives of Vvardenfell treat everyone else as a N'wah regardless of race. So, as long as you don't make up a story for your character that assumes they are a native of Vvardenfell, you should be OK with any race.

As for playing an Altmer in Sommerset, I found that pretty nauseating. The locals assume that because you are a High Elf you are complicit in their racism. And there's no way for your character to challenge that assumption. Not good.

I've only played through Elsweyr with cats, so can't comment on that zone.
    PC EU
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I would image an Orc would have the best options.

I've not seen a great number of locations where the game references player race to be honest. Maybe it's because I play Dunmer and there are not as many locations though.

There aren't as many Dunmer locations? You do know half of eastern Tamriel is basically Dunmer-themed right?