The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

None of this matters.

• Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    Any reasonable or logical person would agree @ruumwolf. That is why it is so important for us to keep an emphasis on this issue while it has their attention for the first time since the games release. Also to be fair performance wasn’t really an issue after the rough launch and for a couple years leading up to Morrowind. That is when people really started to notice things were unraveling.

Personally the only response I’m willing to accept is a full shut down and immediate action for console FPS, and immediately after that their server investigation. I understand this is extreme and most people won’t agree with it, but it really is the only way to get it done timely and correctly.

Other companies have done it with great success there is no reason this would be any different. This game will recover, it will grow, and it will succeed if and only if this is done.

Like I said the heat is on or this would of never been acknowledged in a main page news thread. Speak loud and clear to everyone you know and get this done correctly.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To fix the lagg, even if they could* , it would take probably somewhere between 2 and 3 years, by then we are over eso and onto new and better things. Jokes on us, the users, who pay and play such a faulty product just because the potential is there.

* :s

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    To fix the lagg, even if they could* , it would take probably somewhere between 2 and 3 years, by then we are over eso and onto new and better things. Jokes on us, the users, who pay and play such a faulty product just because the potential is there.

* :s

What knowledge do you base this timeframe on? I don’t think anyone is asking for a 20ms ping. Problem is the 120-150 prime time ping on a good connection feels like 400+

Skills with no cast time have cast times, skills with 1.0 cast time have up to 4.0 during these times. You CC break when a skill first hits you and again 2 seconds later, or worst case your stuck for the duration because you broke too soon. You block CCs with knock backs and 2 seconds later you slide/fly back where the CC first hit you and was blocked.

There are far more things going wrong here than simple “lag” or latency. The way everything communicates in the game seems to be in conflict. I have no knowledge of game development but just thinking it through I don’t feel like it would take that long.

In my mind I say go back to when the game played at an acceptable level and dissect what changed. Instead heads went in the sand and more sand was piled on top.....2 years later here we are.

I would suggest going back to around IC release and see what was changed that could cause the conflicts we are seeing today. Then engineer out those problems.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Thread ... SO true
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    BDO is a pay 2 win game... If you dont want to spend a bunch of money AND grind a ton, its not the game for you. TBH, if BDO wasnt a p2w, i'd probably be playing it. But spending hours mindlessly farming mobs for gold and then shelling out another couple of hundred euros just to be viable endgame...
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep up the good fight and don't let some of these Zos cheerleaders derail you. They're just desperately hoping that quoting Sartre or Camus on a video game forum is going to somehow make them relevant. Those people aside, you're 100% right. My honest fear is that they have no idea how to actually fix the problems and are just stalling for time to get a few more dollars out of this before everyone starts bailing like rats from a sinking ship. I sincerely hope that's not the case, because I love playing this game when it's at its best, and I love the community I've found myself in, but it's hard not to assume the worst in light of the really weird and questionable decisions that have been made recently. It's like everyone but the art department and the dungeon designers have been phoning it in over the last year or so.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ruumwolf wrote: »
    I understand that they can’t not release new content while they fix performance, but what I wish they would do is chill on the complete balance overhauling every 4 months. I would much rather have a small content update and no balance changes but plenty of performance fixes in its place.

I second this. Not sure why they revamp so much every few months... possibly another PR tactics to get more shiny NEW stuff... duh.

I like changes, I really do - some are necessary, but sometimes what they do is an overkill.
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    The trolls won't derail us don't worry. That is why I have not directly responded to any of them, without that i'm sure they will never read my responses. Only the people that matter will take the time to read them all.

Like I mentioned early on I am not old but old enough that I am not quite into the social media or being very social online to begin with. So any help we can get from each other(s) that are savy or enjoy it, please help out. Get this thread seen and chatted about by everyone!

I'm glad to see this finally getting more traction.
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    For those that still feel the same way here is the most recent update. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56681

Honestly I’m still disgusted. Performance pushed back to update 26 and the bullet points mentioned won’t help anything but FPS at best. Speaking of bullet points even they are becoming lazy with no details.

Meanwhile PvP is dead 96% of the day thanks to health dysncs and booty performance.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in ESO, are challenged by this pointless forum post. Our game is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from the Devs to save us from ourselves.

Neither man nor beast. Chunky is cat. Chunky is legend.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate it for what it is, not what it isn't.

Edited by Cathexis on January 10, 2020 1:41PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.