The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is Wendlain in Alinor? (Lost At Sea Delve Quest)

• Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I was happy to find Curtaros and his group sitting at the tavern area close to the crafting center in Alinor. This part of the quest was missing earlier. Thanks ZOS for fixing this quest. <3

If they fixed it once, its broken again. Just went to the spot and no NPCs.

I actually found them once. At the pub in the crafting area, they were sitting around a table. However, I left the area, traveled back, and they were gone again and I've never seen them again. I've tried different characters and still never had them appear again. I don't know why.
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    They are in the crafting area each time I log in the game in the crafting area, but as soon as I leave the crafting area to deliver my writs, they are gone when I come back to the crafting area again. Just log off by the bar while in the crafting area and log back on again. You'll hear Curtaros sing "The star-eyed bride of Alinor" and the rest of his crew is there with him.
    Master Angler
  • Cachat
    Cachat
    ✭✭
    They are in the crafting area each time I log in the game in the crafting area, but as soon as I leave the crafting area to deliver my writs, they are gone when I come back to the crafting area again. Just log off by the bar while in the crafting area and log back on again. You'll hear Curtaros sing "The star-eyed bride of Alinor" and the rest of his crew is there with him.

Confirmed.
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    I have only had them show up for some of my characters that have done this quest. I just did it recently and they have not shown back up. It is very disappointing because Curtaros singing is beautiful. Please fix this! Some of my guildies have done the quest and have never seen them show up in the crafting area.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The crew was magically there for me when I reappeared in the Alinor crafting area after a pledge run, so I put my screenshot button to work for anyone else who hasn't seen them.
    Roupcml.png

xdQa7Tq.png

bpkpKOj.png

PSn47g6.png

osa93bj.png

JOjVC4A.png

Legd9e7.png

a2UdNMB.png

p1qEBV5.png

Eg6e3zO.png

ZLoHhTj.png

MEpJkAI.png

NEgSg0A.png

1PT0skz.png
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • BasicRotary
    BasicRotary
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue happened to me, but i fixed it by logging out and logging back in. Hope that helps the next person 😊
    Edited by BasicRotary on October 28, 2018 6:08AM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    The crew was magically there for me when I reappeared in the Alinor crafting area after a pledge run, so I put my screenshot button to work for anyone else who hasn't seen them.
    Roupcml.png

xdQa7Tq.png

bpkpKOj.png

PSn47g6.png

osa93bj.png

JOjVC4A.png

Legd9e7.png

a2UdNMB.png

p1qEBV5.png

Eg6e3zO.png

ZLoHhTj.png

MEpJkAI.png

NEgSg0A.png

1PT0skz.png

@Ilsabet
    Thanks for that help solving the problem.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • forfoxsakemary
    I found this thread because I needed to know what happened as well, since the daughter "clearly" tells you where you can find them... If anyone still needs help with this even though it's been solved, the only thing that seems to be working is indeed to log in INTO the craft area, because if I just go by teleporting to Alinor and walking my way there, they don't appear.

But if you log into the crafting area, they should be sitting at a table, Curtaros is up drinking and singing a ballad.

2yaig296y5cw.png

You can talk to all four of them, including Wendlain (Cartorrel's wife/girlfriend) and you have a dialogue where you give her the letter and she thanks you for it. <3

I have logged off and on multiple times in the crafting area and they were there everytime so even if you've done this quest a long time ago you can probably still have closure!!
    Edited by forfoxsakemary on November 4, 2019 1:56AM
  • Amarand
    Amarand
    Soul Shriven
    I created a profile just to thank everyone in this thread, especially those who recommended logging out and back in again. I spent...too long...trying to search for them, and it wasn't until I read this thread that I realized I had been looking in the right location, but they weren't there.

When I signed out and back in again, they popped up, and Curtaros was singing. Was able to close the loop on the sub-sub quest. Woot!