The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The unquiet Dead-what's the happier ending?

Chieve
Chieve
✭✭✭
So I accidently completed the entire quest, not realizing I could of used the bine scepter on the dad and not the child...so now the child is bonded to this golem....

Which sucks because now he's ugly and unhappy

But I read if you set him free, his mom ends up rejecting him. However...he's still free though? And not bindex to that ugly golem?
Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • Chieve
    Chieve
    ✭✭✭
    Bone scepter *
    Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been a while since I played that quest, but I think I remember both outcomes.
    Way back when, before the game's timeline, the kid died. The father tried to create a golem to house his son's spirit, so he could live forever. The mother didn't like this and thought the golem would just be a pale copy of their son. But the dad did it and bound the real son's spirit to the golem.

You character then comes along and can choose how the child spends eternity.

I think if you bind his dad, the child-spirit thanks you and moves on to whatever afterlife he believes in. When you encounter his mother and explain things to her, she'll be shocked and disappointed at herself for believing that the child-spirit wasn't really her child.
  • tjholcomb
    tjholcomb
    Soul Shriven
    I just played this through and made the same mistake. I followed the dad's story, but didn't realize what options were before me, especially since I had just "killed" or defeated the monster in the previous room. That threw me off. I selected the monster because I thought it was a dialogue option. Nope, bound the kid to that beast forever. NOT what I wanted to do.

Now I'm actually having emotional issues and needed to find this forum post to vent my feelings. Thanks for listening y'all. A future quest to set this kid free would be amazing.