The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lore check... where are the current surviving dragons supposed to be?

LapisLazuli99
LapisLazuli99
✭✭✭

I know the race has already fallen as a whole but I'm curious if anyone know where the current survivors are? I know Paarthurnax is chillin with the greybeards but he doesn't move for another 1,000 years so we can ignore him lol. But if I understand the lore correctly the last dragons killed on Tamriel before their resurgence in Skyrim are about 300 years after the events of ESO?
Xbox One - NA
GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
AD - Breton Sorcerer
AD - High Elf Nightblade
AD - High Elf Templar
AD - Wood Elf Warden
AD - Khajiit Necromancer
AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This might help. Maybe we'll get more information with the upcoming DLC? If Nahfahlaar == Nafaalilargus he'll still be around after ESO because he dies in Redguard, during Tiber Septim's time.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    This might help. Maybe we'll get more information with the upcoming DLC? If Nahfahlaar == Nafaalilargus he'll still be around after ESO because he dies in Redguard, during Tiber Septim's time.

Thanks that does actually help. And yea it's the Dragon Bones announcement that got me thinking. I'm hoping the dragon wish isn't a pipe dream lol. While an undead dragon like the one in Labrinthian is more likely but setting my eyes on one of the few living dragons would be really cool. Plus the Vestige is no dragonborn so a dragon could be much more formidable to us in ESO than it was in Skyrim.
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theres honestly nothing stopping ZOS from making up a named Dragon for Dragon Bones. This is the Interregnum after all and the knowledge and history of this time is supposed to be lost as of the Single Player games. So if a Dragon is discovered in this game and is killed or escapes. Its not going to necessarily impact future games since it can be rediscovered at a later date.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    Alduin should pop out if the time stream long enough for us to hit him in the nose and throw him back in
    Edited by LapisLazuli99 on December 28, 2017 12:06AM
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer
    AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirmulnir is still around, hiding out in Skyrim, but he has pretty substantial plot armor until the Last Dragonborn arrives.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nahfahlaar is a viable prospect indeed. It was only a couple hundred years ago that he disappeared from Wayrest, and the fact that he keeps associating with "mortal protectors" means he could easily pop up.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • tyjoie
    tyjoie
    ✭✭
    There are only two dragons alive from my understanding. The red dragon, Nafaalilargus, and Paarthurnax. I doubt we would see either of them, though I would love to see Paarthurnax.
    Ex-Beta tester
    Playing since 2014
    Still a noob
    Green-Sap Loyalist
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tyjoie wrote: »
    There are only two dragons alive from my understanding. The red dragon, Nafaalilargus, and Paarthurnax. I doubt we would see either of them, though I would love to see Paarthurnax.

Mirmulnir wasn't resurrected by Alduin, he never died until he met a certain individual at Whiterun's western watchtower.

"DOVAHKIIN? NIID!"
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirmulnir wasn't resurrected by Alduin, he never died until he met a certain individual at Whiterun's western watchtower.

"DOVAHKIIN? NIID!"

I'd disagree with that assumption. In TES V:Skyrim you know that Alduin has returned before you encounter Mirmulnir, and Delphine tells you she's visited multiple burial sites and found them empty.

However, Paarthurnax' continued existence suggests that others could have exiled themselves similarly, e.g. at Skuldhavn, inaccessible except by flying according to the game. The reason I don't think Mirmulnir was one of those is that he'd have no reason to end his isolation and attack the watchtower. Whereas if Alduin resurrected him, he'd be in debt.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

"DOVAHKIIN? NIID!"
    I'd disagree with that assumption. In TES V:Skyrim you know that Alduin has returned before you encounter Mirmulnir, and Delphine tells you she's visited multiple burial sites and found them empty.

However, Paarthurnax' continued existence suggests that others could have exiled themselves similarly, e.g. at Skuldhavn, inaccessible except by flying according to the game. The reason I don't think Mirmulnir was one of those is that he'd have no reason to end his isolation and attack the watchtower. Whereas if Alduin resurrected him, he'd be in debt.
    It's not really an assumption. Mirmulnir is "Known to Live" as of 2E 212, so someone would have had to kill him sometime after then for Alduin to be able to resurrect him. And at that point, it would be very unlikely that he'd be buried in a Dragon Mound either, as by that time, knowledge of Dragon Mounds as what they are would have been forgotten.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

"DOVAHKIIN? NIID!"

References for Mirmulnir's survival: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Atlas_of_Dragons & http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mirmulnir

So, technically unknown, but entirely possible that he survived.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Theres honestly nothing stopping ZOS from making up a named Dragon for Dragon Bones. This is the Interregnum after all and the knowledge and history of this time is supposed to be lost as of the Single Player games. So if a Dragon is discovered in this game and is killed or escapes. Its not going to necessarily impact future games since it can be rediscovered at a later date.

Actually the "Bone Dragon" and the Dungeon it is in that is coming up is taken from TES1: Arena, so yes they are keeping with lore and "not just making things up"....
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember reading somewhere that a few were chilling out in Akavir around this time, but I might be mistaken
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I know I'm necroing but it's fascinating how much old speculation ends up becoming reality years later...