The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Very long loading screens when entering delves and quest areas

Asardes
Asardes
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Since early September I'm experiencing very long loading screens (5-10 minutes) when I try to access certain delves an quest areas. Sometimes I even get booted to login screen due to inactivity. I have tried restarting the client, disabling all addons and even the repair function from the client. This seems to be particular to the area, and occurs irrespective of server load, at prime time, early morning, late at night. Also the size of the are doesn't seem to matter. Some are quite large, such as Tanzewil interior (AD main quest), other are small such as Serpent's Hollow cave in Cyrodiil or Durstone tower basement in Glenumbra (Fighters Guild quest area). Another example is Chisleshriek Mine in Craglorn. There are several more I don't remember.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? If so, have you found a workaround?
Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
Member of:
Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
Valinor Overflow: Trader
The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
Member of:
Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same issue, most quest areas in deshaan. clicking around in the loadingscreen seems to prevent laggouts somewhat.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that twice today (and frequent boots to login screen in the last weeks). Not only did it take a long time (over 3 minutes at least) to load into the delve, but it was also unplayable due to lag afterwards (enemies were 'frozen' and skills took over 10 seconds to 'fire'). I really do hope this is just some bug that can be fixed.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes same thing happened to me in one of the small delves in Cyrodiil - Capstone Cave, close to Bruma - at basically 0 server load, early morning, nobody around. It took ~10 minutes to load and once inside my latency was costantly high at 999+, couldn't hit the mobs or even pick up the stationary mushrooms for the quest. I restarted the client twice but the latency remained stubbornly high. Once I got out of it it went back to the normal value which was 70-90. So my connection was fine - I have 500 Mb/s fiber. So I suspect this is an issue related to how different instances are mapped to the server hardware. It's inacceptable to wait for 10 minutes to load a 100 m2 cave with 10 mobs in it.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Yes same thing happened to me in one of the small delves in Cyrodiil - Capstone Cave, close to Bruma - at basically 0 server load, early morning, nobody around. It took ~10 minutes to load and once inside my latency was costantly high at 999+, couldn't hit the mobs or even pick up the stationary mushrooms for the quest. I restarted the client twice but the latency remained stubbornly high. Once I got out of it it went back to the normal value which was 70-90. So my connection was fine - I have 500 Mb/s fiber. So I suspect this is an issue related to how different instances are mapped to the server hardware. It's inacceptable to wait for 10 minutes to load a 100 m2 cave with 10 mobs in it.

Yep, when the problem happened I checked my connection (100 Mb/s) with various tests and servers. All of them showed under 15 ms ping and over 90 Mb/s speed which makes me think that the problem isn't on my end too.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had this on and off for two weeks now. It's *just* delves, and it occurs all over tamriel. I have a better connection than most of my friends, most of whom are not experiencing this, but a few others I know are. It's not us. We didn't all suddenly develop independent internet connectivity issues that only affect one specific game, all over the world, at the same time.