The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Public Dungeon Boss Spawn Times

Some_Guy
Some_Guy
✭✭✭✭
I'm in a public dungeon as I type this. Not to be confused with a delve or group dungeon, these dungeons have a number of bosses that spawn on timers and are not instanced, meaning that anyone (whether in your group or not) can run in, kill the bosses, reset the timers, and leave you waiting (especially if, like me, you're trying for the conquerer achievements). I have been in this one for about an hour. Of that hour, I have had spent maybe 10 minutes actually fighting anything (that includes doing the dungeon quests) and most of that time waiting. For those who haven't been playing very long, once upon a time we had problems with bots... They would stand around boss spawn sites and farm them, as soon as the boss spawned they would kill them and loot them. This was obviously a problem on a number of levels, so the quick and easy solution was to increase spawn time to deter people from farming.
But seriously, can't we figure out something better than this? ZOS increased the experience we get from doing these dungeons (or the quests in them) but we still end up spending most of our time waiting.
I would suggest putting some kind of personal timer, so that an individual character could not spawn the boss more often than a predetermined set of time. Or maybe a sort of "diminished return" for killing bosses you've already killed. Or perhaps a reset of all the bosses after the last one has been killed. Maybe a semi-instanced dungeon where only the first X number of players entering would be in the same instance and would have to leave the dungeon entirely for their specific instance to reset. Just a few ideas to make it so people who are coming in trying to do the dungeon and quest as they were intended, can do so without being discouraged by loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong waiting times.
Anyone else have any ideas?
We Wipe On Trash
Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quick recap here on how Public dungeon boss spawns work. Say there are 2 bosses in a dungeon then only one of them can be spawned at a time, and if you kill one I think its a 10min respawn timer but it has a chance to spawn both of them, its not a rotation, and so it can spawn the same one 5 times in a row if you are unlucky. Same thing if there are 5 bosses in the dungeon then only 2-3 can be up at the same time and it again has a chance of respawning the same one or one you don't need, it again is not a rotation. So you need to keep killing the bosses you already have to make the one you need spawn. If you are unlucky that can take hours. btw the Cyrodiil "delves" work just like public dungeons.
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So still time consuming and aggravating for something that could be done in 10 minutes. There's got to be a better way.
    We Wipe On Trash
    Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
    Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
    Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
    Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
    My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
    Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
    Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
    Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
    Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
    Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
    Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
    Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
    A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
    Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
  • alcosh
    alcosh
    ✭✭
    It is 2019 and we still need to stand and wait bosses spawns for long time in public dungeons to complete Conqueror achievment. Why it can't be fixed?
  • murphalerpagus
    murphalerpagus
    Soul Shriven
    The thing that is particularly baffling about this is that there's already a loot timer on delve and public dungeon bosses- kill one for a second time in too short of a time interval and no loot will drop besides a dozen or two gold.

The point here being *the problem already has a perfectly fine solution*, and the solution is already implemented. The loot timer means that the respawn timer could even be the length of any overland mob respawn, with no more opportunity for exploitation than now.