Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Support Phone Number?

Lawsun
Lawsun
Do they not have a support phone number?

I submitted a phone support and email support ticket FOUR days ago and have yet to be contacted.

Worst customer service I've ever seen.
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    i submitted for a call last friday and got an email later in the day.

been waiting since last sunday to get this monkey & mara scroll issue resolved, only last friday did i get an email asking for what was deleted, the character i wanted them put on, which should've been a phone call.

So, I'm still waiting to have that stuff restored.
    Edited by scruffycavetroll on April 8, 2014 2:59PM
  • Lawsun
    Lawsun
    Yea they're pretty horrible when it comes to customer service. It's been 4 days and I haven't received a call or an email.
  • FlamingRuby
    If anyone is looking the forums PLEASE at least today look at those 2 tickets!
    One if to call me and one is to email me:
    Thanks for submitting your question. Your reference code is: 140408-031396.
    Thanks for submitting your question. Your reference code is: 140408-031477
    I slowly start to give up with this game.
    First it was the wrong code i took from the damn store.
    Now is the credit card issue.
    If you read this forums anyone from Zenimax do me the favor please:)
    5 days and counting without anything done.
  • Lawsun
    Lawsun
    The only number I've found appears to be the corporate number
    (301) 926-8300

I am mildly tempted to call there and at least give them a piece of my mind.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lawsun wrote: »
    (301) 926-8300

That is going to be a receptionist who has no idea what you're on about, most likely.
  • FlamingRuby
    I am on the same boat but considering the prices at the very moment to call on US i dont really like the idea...
    Hopefully a CM will see the forums and we can finally have a solution..
    Good luck to everyone.

Edit:
    And when i was talking to a friend on the phone i saw a message at my EMClient.....
    I was so happy ....Ye...someone has replied to this topic:p
    /oh my
    Edited by FlamingRuby on April 8, 2014 3:08PM
  • Lawsun
    Lawsun
    I've experienced some pretty poor customer support, but this probably takes the cake when it comes to MMO launches.

People may knock WoW, but Blizzard has best in class customer support.
  • FlamingRuby
    I've experienced some pretty poor customer support, but this probably takes the cake when it comes to MMO launches.

People may knock WoW, but Blizzard HAD best in class customer support.
    Fixed for you.
    The only reason to contact fast Blizzard is by Chat on their website.
    Every other reason is gonna be slow.................
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ZOS number is 1.855.296.3170. I've tried calling for the past couple of days and haven't been able to speak with anyone yet about the bank/gold reset, as the queue apparently is quite long. I've also requested a callback, but haven't received yet.
    Edited by Mujuro on April 8, 2014 3:18PM
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    Calm down guys, it may be frustrating I know, I 'am as well, but remember they have thousands of people, hundreds of thousands of people creating tickets that need help as well and I'm sure they are doing the best they can. Be patient. The release of a game is the most difficult time for the customer service team. Complaining about it wont help.
    Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!
  • takai.kurosawab14_ESO
    SinBad wrote: »
    Calm down guys, it may be frustrating I know, I 'am as well, but remember they have thousands of people, hundreds of thousands of people creating tickets that need help as well and I'm sure they are doing the best they can. Be patient. The release of a game is the most difficult time for the customer service team. Complaining about it wont help.

What bothers me is that they've given such better support to people who have submitted their tickets long after I've submitted mine on launch day (and have yet to get any constructive aid from their support team).

While I'm happy that others are able to play the game and have gotten support (which shows that they are at least capable of resolving issues for customers), I am very frustrated that they've given priority to those that have come after me and instead shoved me to the bottom of the stack.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @takai.kurosawab14_ESO, have you tried replying to your support email? They actually close calls after a few days.

Just a reminder for people about World of Warcraft, back in 2005. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/world-of-warcraft-wracked-by-problems/1100-6116566/
  • LastLaugh
    LastLaugh
    ✭✭
    (301) 926-8300

That is going to be a receptionist who has no idea what you're on about, most likely.

That shouldn't stop her from listening to your frustrations and finding someone who can solve the problem. That's what I do in my job when someone raises a complaint I know nothing about and can't resolve. If my company is obviously in the wrong I apologize even if I personally had nothing to do with the situation because at that moment, I'm likely the person's only point of contact with the company. The buck has to stop somewhere.

It's not acceptable to just shrug it off and say "not my problem" to a customer because you can't personally resolve it.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LastLaugh wrote: »
    (301) 926-8300

That shouldn't stop her from listening to your frustrations and finding someone who can solve the problem. That's what I do in my job when someone raises a complaint I know nothing about and can't resolve.

With all due respect, I don't think you work as a receptionist for an MMO company that just shipped the #2 selling PC game (in UK at least) to market. If people start calling reception about support issues instead of going through support, it's going to make a problematic situation even more silly.

The support phone number (855) 296 3170 - it's about a 10 hour wait to get somebody due to call volumes (but you can request callback).
  • Aldarund
    Aldarund
    ✭✭
    (but you can request callback).
    And get a callback in like a month later?

• FlamingRuby
    Aldarund wrote: »
    (but you can request callback).
    And get a callback in like a month later?
    I still hope that i can finally fix my game time issue and i can finally play today.
    I am trying to play 5 days now and i think i deserve it to finally play with all the issues i have faced(Both wrong CD-Key and CC problem).
    Hopefully my ticket will be seen or a mod on forums will do the trick...
  • Viss
    Viss
    Requested two call backs about three days apart, never got one. Called yesterday was on hold for 4 hours play Dark Souls 2. No one ever picked up so I hung up.
  • FlamingRuby
    Viss wrote: »
    Requested two call backs about three days apart, never got one. Called yesterday was on hold for 4 hours play Dark Souls 2. No one ever picked up so I hung up.
    I would love if we have a response by a CM saying that they are looking on our issues or at least give us an update on what is going on...
    But i still hope i will play today...Please ZOS dont let me down:)
    I believe on you..

• LastLaugh
    LastLaugh
    ✭✭
    LastLaugh wrote: »
    (301) 926-8300

That shouldn't stop her from listening to your frustrations and finding someone who can solve the problem. That's what I do in my job when someone raises a complaint I know nothing about and can't resolve.

With all due respect, I don't think you work as a receptionist for an MMO company that just shipped the #2 selling PC game (in UK at least) to market. If people start calling reception about support issues instead of going through support, it's going to make a problematic situation even more silly.

The support phone number (855) 296 3170 - it's about a 10 hour wait to get somebody due to call volumes (but you can request callback).

With all due respect you have no idea where I work. My job involves a lot more stress and responsibility than being a receptionist.

The fact that they have just launched a popular product does not get them off the hook for dealing with customer complaints in a competent fashion. It also does not get them off the hook for some of the bad business decisions that have contributed to the volume of customers who need help.

If there is a 10-hour (!) wait to speak to someone on the phone then they need to hire more customer service reps immediately, even if they have to get temps.

The fact that they would be swamped with technical and customer service issues the first few weeks after launch was entirely predictable and they should have planned for that.

Under these circumstances I don't blame customers for circumventing the official customer service process. With a 10-hour wait, you may as well give it a try.
  • cheeser123
    cheeser123
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder for people about World of Warcraft, back in 2005. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/world-of-warcraft-wracked-by-problems/1100-6116566/

You really expect us to believe that in ten years, they can't learn from these mistakes and actually launch a game successfully? The game is riddled with bugs that were widely reported in beta, the game launched with several important features missing (e.g. "megaserver" options to allow solo or group play uninterrupted by mobs of people messing up your PVE quests), several major retailers did not get their shipments form Zenimax on time, and people are using PAID TIME on this game that is affected by outages, inventory blanking, disconnects, and even null pointer errors. If Zenimax has the brass balls to make this service subscription only, and moreover to require players to sign up for a subscription before they get their 30 prepaid days, they should give us a product that is worth paying for -- you pay for your time on the game, which means this screw ups are taking away game time people have already paid for. This is why F2P is so much more viable, and why extending early access or comp'ing people's first (or rather, second) 30 day period would rebuild the good faith that Zenimax has completely pissed away.
    Edited by cheeser123 on April 8, 2014 4:29PM
  • Dokes_Mon
    Dokes_Mon
    I understand it is hard in Customer Service for the launch of a game IF anyone understands completely I do, I have the worst/Hardest CC Job. So Im not going to be mean but at this point, I want a refund and just let me move on. Im never goin to play an other MMO Im broken. I did the first year of ToR and Im sure all of you know that was a giant beta test. It was so hard to be GM during that time and to drag my entire group through it was simply nuts and Im not willing to do it again. Im not saying that this game is as horrific I dont know, I didnt make it far enough, but it was my mistake to first have so much hope for this game and second to buy the game during launch I should have held my code and waited 6 months for the smoke to clear.
    My issue is the whole card thing. I was so excited and played the game. LOL it let me play the game no issue i didnt read the small print i was having fun. all of a sudden I log in with incorrect password information, naturally I changed my password 3 times and changed keyboards. With No email warning or any direction after searching for a while and realizing on the forums this was happening I understood the issue. Fine. a Bit disappointing and bit of insult that even though I upfront bought the best version of the game/preorded and still want proof of my continued payment?
    If my dealer dont do that, Its a bit nuts my video game does.
    But whatever I attempted to enter my CC 10 times.
    I dont know why Its not accepting, Its not my card I have enough cash and I check with my bank we should have no issue.
    On the off chance Im a complete Arktard, I had a roommate enter my information... still nothing.
    I know a few things as facts.
    Who ever made the decision to go ahead and let us play for 5 days or whatever than pop this on us with password issues as the warning needs to be fired. out right Fired. Look how much drama this has caused a ripple against the forums and the support line is unneeded and has likely lost/cost the company WAY more money than a simple warning count down email to enter your CC information would have made this way smoother.
    From 3 emails and 4 my request for a call back went from please help me give you my money to I was my refund to 5 phone calls 3 for request for call back 1 50 min which my call was terminated by the agent before I said anything the next was a 2 hour call which i had to give up due to sleep and now I am hold 1 1/2 hours so far.
    Not good times.
    please just give me my money back or take my money is my choice if they refuse a refund.
    At this point I really dont want to let them keep my money if I cant use the product. The only way Im going to keep the game is if they provide compensation for my forced lost time and second my time and effort trying to get things resolved.
    So should I just wait a few weeks than try and call again? and request at that time I dont want to move outside 30 days.
    I hate to quit anything, but Im now 3 days behind that for me is very hard behind.
    I just dont know what to do now.
  • FlamingRuby
    Just to continue the conversation to me eyes all they can do is extend the grace period by 1 week or so and leave play.By that time they can easily with their own pace fix the card issues and people can continue play their free month until the decide in what way the want to sub to the game.
    Don't get me wrong.The whole reason i post on this forums is because i love the game and i am looking for an answer on my ticket via phone or email.But as i have said i am starting to get bored.
    I hope soon i will have a reply so i can start playing....
    I really hope so.Everyone of my friends and guild has their ticket solved by now and is online leveling.
    I am behind in exp and everything and i dont really like to play all that alone.
    I do understand that they have a lot of work to do and i support them.Just i think that they dont do the right think with the cards.
    Hopefully they will do something about it.
  • Dokes_Mon
    Dokes_Mon
    3 hours and counting gotta go to work soon
    Edited by Dokes_Mon on April 8, 2014 5:55PM
  • Dokes_Mon
    Dokes_Mon
    3:31:02 on hold
    Some nice phone rep answered the phone i told him my issue answered some questions he was very sorry to hear I was having and issue and resolved it.
    I moved the call along quickly so he could get to other people but I will be providing feed back on the situation. He in addition gave me something extra for my efforts. He did not request credit card information from me.
    We will be moving forward from this point, although my time is now lost Its about the long run. I had serious hopes; with the world wide experience everyone had in the swtor first year of beta test this would have been smoother, this should have been well expected and has happen for every launch of every mmo every in the history of history.
    The game runs ok and quest are acceptable so far we shall see
    I hope in future games/content ESO can remember crazy thing
    If not.... that guy should be fired too.
  • discosoc
    discosoc
    ✭✭✭
    I submitted a ticket last Friday to request a refund, and stated that they could call me back 24/7. I received a call later that day and a helpful guy who sounded like he was in Ireland or something was able to process the return without much problem.

I think the only "issue" that came up was the way they handle the security question. Our conversation went something like this:

him: "All I need to process the return is for you to provide the answer to your security question."

me: "OK, what is the question?"

him: "We aren't allowed to tell you that, I'm sorry."

me: "Well I can't exactly give an answer if I don't know the question..." (I have to set these things up with practically every account, so I didn't just know off the top of my head what the question was)

Anyway, he was able to bypass that rule and actually give me the question, which I answered. The refund was credited to my yesterday afternoon, for what it's worth.

To anyone looking at refunds, it is possible. I don't know what kind of window you have to make it happen, but I had ordered the digital copy from ZOS about a week before the early-access started, and was able to get the refund on the day it went live.
  • cheeser123
    cheeser123
    ✭✭✭
    Just to continue the conversation to me eyes all they can do is extend the grace period by 1 week or so and leave play.By that time they can easily with their own pace fix the card issues and people can continue play their free month until the decide in what way the want to sub to the game.

More to the point, the grace period problem is time-sensitive. The purpose of early access / grace period is to get people on the game at launch. They've not pissed away several days, days many people might have set aside extra time to play at launch -- time they won't have free next week when they finally get access. That ship has sailed for alot of us already, I know I had time set aside for this game at launch that I won't have next week after my physical copy FINALLY arrives from Amazon (Amazon received stock from Zeni yesterday, I will get the item tomorrow).
  • pyr0maniac989
    pyr0maniac989
    Soul Shriven
    Well I've sent in four or five requests for help, all of them have been answered, but all of them are irrelevant because tell me to log off and wait five minutes for a problem that has been going on since launch, and even if it wasn't weeks old, I've told them every time, waiting five minutes isn't going to magically transfer my explorers pack to my account from my brothers which he got despite me redeeming it on my account