Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

login time out

matt2115
matt2115
After this maintenance every time I try to log in get the same message... login time out... anyone else having this problem?
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Getting the same problem. I guess they forgot to roll out the patch when they switched the EU server back on.
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
  • Maharaj
    Maharaj
    +1 same problem! can't login(
  • Scotilla1
    Scotilla1
    Soul Shriven
    Got timeout message and as instructed Logged out before 18.00 and got a minor upload. Then restarted and still cannot login 18.58. Their published messages are confusing. Is Europe dependent on the North American mega server or not. Why such a confusing message as timeout. Why not "server is down for maintenance". Better than the usual error code 103 I suppose. Whole system, forum etc is under stress !!!!
  • edwar368
    edwar368
    ✭✭
    Yep, been trying repeatedly for almost an hour now, ever since server came back. If there is a queue, would be nice to see that and be left in it instead of constant "timeout/retry" :'(
    Mind you, have not had much better success with forums.... someone's scalability testing seems pants!!!
  • Krepuskolo
    Same thing here... no patch to download and log in time out!!! its going on for 1 hr here in rome
  • edwar368
    edwar368
    ✭✭
    well after 1 and a half hours since the eu servers supposedly "came back up" and constant "login time outs", the launcher suddenly downloaded a patch, and suddenly, I can now log in. Not very reassuring from a technical stand point
  • nico.idmaneb17_ESO
    I got still those problems and and got old patch. how i update it?
  • ymonakhov_ESO
    deleting stuff from the ProgramData folder and host * files fixed the issue temperately...then while playing i got an error message and got kicked out...tried logging back in and it went back to the "Login Timeout" error on the login...trying the ProgramData fix again, might work
  • Vyndeleron
    Vyndeleron
    ✭✭✭
    It's possible the cause of this is too many people logging in at the same time
  • edwar368
    edwar368
    ✭✭
    I didnt delete any files to get mine working, however the launcher doesnt update whilst you are trying to log in. So when I fully quit the game, the launcher sprang into life and patched. However, I had tried this every 30 mins or so (fully quitting) so it wasn't just that. I strongly suspect insufficient capacity on the patch servers
  • ymonakhov_ESO
    ProgramData trick worked, logging back in, we'll see if i'll get an ingame error again

EDIT: seems to be working
    Edited by ymonakhov_ESO on April 7, 2014 7:52PM