Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling Up Fast

IdioticUlt1mara
Now I was wondering how some people seem to have managed to level up so fast whereas I have been incredibly slow ... not that I havent been trying to level up I just seem to be going really slow. I am level 13 and have been playing since the 30th March 2014.

If no one wants to reply that is fine I am sure I will eventually figure it out eventually, when I am already level 50 haha.

And if anyone wants to reply thank you very much I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on how they leveled up to 50 and how fast they found it
Your Local Scottish Lets Player Here To Conquer All For The Pact. Also <3 You All
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50's are liable to be PTS players. The know the mechanics really well, including *ahem* "features" to use in order to level the fastest.

They'll mostly be bored of the game and gone by the time average players start to catch up, so just enjoy yourself.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • IdioticUlt1mara
    I am enjoying myself I am just finding it a bit slow. I would just like to level up a little faster than I am at the moment
    Your Local Scottish Lets Player Here To Conquer All For The Pact. Also <3 You All
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Now I was wondering how some people seem to have managed to level up so fast whereas I have been incredibly slow ...

You're probably playing the game. Each person takes what they want from the game. I personally don't want to miss out content on my way to level cap, and so am totally unconcerned with my rate of levelling.
  • IdioticUlt1mara
    Thete wrote: »
    Now I was wondering how some people seem to have managed to level up so fast whereas I have been incredibly slow ...

You're probably playing the game. Each person takes what they want from the game. I personally don't want to miss out content on my way to level cap, and so am totally unconcerned with my rate of levelling.

Yes Yes I am playing the game. I am loving the quests so far. But now I am at an impass. I cannot deal with the next stage of mobs in the Deshaan and I am finished with Stonefalls. So yeah that is a little annoying
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Yes I am playing the game. I am loving the quests so far. But now I am at an impass. I cannot deal with the next stage of mobs in the Deshaan and I am finished with Stonefalls. So yeah that is a little annoying

Have you kept up with your gear? Do you have a good quality weapon for your level?
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might have missed some content in Stonefalls, there is quite a bit of it that you need to look for by exploring
  • Vistrix
    Vistrix
    -Skip all quest dialogue, don't pay any attention to the story.
    -Skip crafting.
    -Don't communicate with other players.
    -Don't have a full time job (IRL)

Prepare to be bored end game though.

Level at your own pace. Enjoy the story,the quests and the exploration!

The people levelling ridiculously fast make the game worse overall for everyone I think.
  • Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    Those who got to 50 already might be orginal group who cryed about boring start islands what are actually essential part of story and skipping them get new players confused if they skip them and then hear of starter island happenings what they haven't never seen in some points when geting quest from npc like Razum-dar for example.

What comes to lvls you gain them quite fast anyway so why wouldn't you listen all converstations with npc's while taking and finishing quest wihtout forgetting asking addtional guestions from them if such is available, point in eso isn't to rush to end but enjoy story and world of Tamriel.
    Edited by Frosthawk on April 4, 2014 9:11AM
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester
  • IdioticUlt1mara
    lol yeah I think i will take my time ^^ thanks
  • Ninnghizhidda
    Ninnghizhidda
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my humble opinion, I think ESO (and the Elder Scrolls games in general) is unique exactly because not only gives the player the freedom to pursue any particular path but also provides with truly interesting activities that you can start even at low levels.

Gathering resources, crafting, exploration, there is quite a lot one can do. From what I see so far (and have seen in all Elder Scroll games I have played since Daggerfall) there is really no need to rush to "endgame". Unlike many other MMOs, where the sole purpose is to quickly reach the top level, then just grind / farm for the top gear, and there you go, the game has nothing more to offer anymore.

I want to believe that ESO will indeed differ, and so far I have also been leveling relatively slowly, although the environment and mechanics are fairly familiar. You can always find lots of things to do, so I can't see a point into rushing to top level and endgame.

Of course everyone have their style and personal choice of playing. ESO should be able to satisfy all kinds of play styles, it also seems to have decent PvP (which I have not tried yet, since I am not a big fan of it).
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played some Beta events and so I know the questline in Stonefalls pretty well.
    I was starting same time as you and I have 2 Level 10 and 1 Level 13 :blush:
    I only played the whole sunday and then only some hours at night as I got family and work to do.
    You can rush pretty straight thru Stonefalls questline. You can even do some of the event places that trigger if you enter them (monster crab, some dungeons) if you know where they are located.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing since the server went open 30th march. I am only lvl 8. Not only do i explore (to) much and pick loads of plants. I also dont have that much time. Here i am sitting at my work on the TES forums hoping i can play soon. But i know i cannot play sooner then SATURDAY @#$%@#.

But it's ok, im not to addicted yet.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I have been playing since the server went open 30th march. I am only lvl 8. Not only do i explore (to) much and pick loads of plants. I also dont have that much time. Here i am sitting at my work on the TES forums hoping i can play soon. But i know i cannot play sooner then SATURDAY @#$%@#.

But it's ok, im not to addicted yet.

Same level as me. =D

Best 8 levels in any game, ever.

I play any TES game suuuuper slow because I'm afraid of running out of new things to explore. Still haven't finished Skyrim, Oblivion, or Morrowind. I just poke my head in now and then, do some modding maybe, and explore a bit. The fun never ends.

Now there's an MMO that hopefully will continually expand from updates, so I'm ecstatic. ^_^
    Edited by Sarenia on April 4, 2014 11:20AM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I was wondering how some people seem to have managed to level up so fast whereas I have been incredibly slow ... not that I havent been trying to level up I just seem to be going really slow. I am level 13 and have been playing since the 30th March 2014.

If no one wants to reply that is fine I am sure I will eventually figure it out eventually, when I am already level 50 haha.

And if anyone wants to reply thank you very much I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on how they leveled up to 50 and how fast they found it

I have 2 chars @ lvl 10 now, so yeah... also slow.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    1 small thing that could help, is the auto-loot addon(called LootDrop), if you turn auto-loot on in your settings, the game won't show the loot you pickup, but this addon will show you the loot.

It might just make things feel slightly quicker than the 2 button click loot system.

Another thing is to just run quests, no pvp, no grinding.
    The only grinding people seem to do is in the open dungeons on end boss's.

Quests are the best experience, but i would read or listen to the quest dialogue, some are funny, some are violent, some a dramatic, some crazy.
    This one orc chick was helping me with a quest to kill some bad guy because it was her x-bf who cheated on her, she payed me and i ended his life while she went and assassinated the bad guys female accomplice, who turns out was the girl he had cheated on her with.. kinda crazy some of the dialogue so unless you wanna miss those golden moments, skipping quest interactions might speed up leveling too.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vistrix wrote: »

The people levelling ridiculously fast make the game worse overall for everyone I think.

Only because players who want to police what everyone does flip out and complain util everything gets nerfed.

I'm not saying this is you. We'd just all be a lot better off if everyone stopped obsessing over what other people do. I mean we have dungeons with monsters inside that give no exp. If that's isn't a ridiculous overreaction, I don't know what is.

Very worried about how they choose to "fix" problems. Seems they can't even balance exp properly so they just removed it from group content. Brilliant...
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just skip the story dont explore and dont do any gathering/crafting. why would you want to do that?
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »
    Very worried about how they choose to "fix" problems. Seems they can't even balance exp properly so they just removed it from group content. Brilliant...

I agree, it all seems very reactive. It was much the same with the very sudden decision to allow the bypassing of the starter areas and for what? To satisfy a small number of beta testers who had run it so many times they didn't fancy it again.

As to experience, this should surely have been one of the first things you'd want to flesh out when designing an MMO. The idea that there is any content which doesn't provide it is baffling.
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    Vistrix wrote: »
    -Skip all quest dialogue, don't pay any attention to the story.
    -Skip crafting.
    -Don't communicate with other players.
    -Don't have a full time job (IRL)
    Men and Mer you describe are the ones not blessed with gift of patience. Ri'Dariit knows them well, they will not last. Vistrix must not worry, impatient ones leave quickly before they really ruin game for others. Personally this one does not care about racing, he cares about having fun. People run to end of game are insult the makers. Nobody shows up to the Mane's feast for only the sweetroll. Mane would not be pleased preparing all other foods for guests if they care not.
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, it all seems very reactive. It was much the same with the very sudden decision to allow the bypassing of the starter areas and for what? To satisfy a small number of beta testers who had run it so many times they didn't fancy it again.

I don't know, I agree with their decision to change how characters are brought into the world.

I ran a few beta weekends. It didn't make me loath starting in the same place, but now that I've seen the alternative, the current system seems much more fluid and intuitive. I feel less constrained in how I enter the game world.

I think that's what they were going for, not some knee-jerk reaction to a few PTS complaints.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    I ran a few beta weekends. It didn't make me loath starting in the same place, but now that I've seen the alternative, the current system seems much more fluid and intuitive. I feel less constrained in how I enter the game world.

I think that's what they were going for, not some knee-jerk reaction to a few PTS complaints.

I'm all for choice but to do what they did needed planning out properly some time before. What we have now is a situation where many new are struggling with content; this is not giving them a positive gaming experience. The fact that this has happened suggests to me it was a knee jerk reaction because they haven't actually done much to fold it in to the game.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

As to experience, this should surely have been one of the first things you'd want to flesh out when designing an MMO. The idea that there is any content which doesn't provide it is baffling.

It seems they are simply taking feedback from people they shouldn't. I was told that "dungeons are just for fun, they shouldn't give exp" and "grouping up and killing monsters too fast is an exploit" during early access when I discovered the 4 man dungeons weren't giving any exp. Kinda disturbing to see such poorly thought you feedback. The idea of catering to different preferences is lost on these people.

I find the entire situation baffling as well. My faith in the company to competently put an mmo together is greatly shaken by this. We have an mmo where grouping up and tackling more challenging content means you do not earn exp.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 4, 2014 12:59PM
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all for choice but to do what they did needed planning out properly some time before. What we have now is a situation where many new are struggling with content; this is not giving them a positive gaming experience.

It's amazing how different people value different things. :)

Personally, I consider "struggling with content" to be an absolutely positive gaming experience. If I wanted to follow a sparkling yellow trail to Quest Mark 'n' and kill Enemy 'Y' for Item 'Z' while half asleep, there are quite a few options out there to choose from already.

I truly hope they stick to their guns and keep content hard enough to induce a struggle, because I've had enough of cakewalk MMOs.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I consider "struggling with content" to be an absolutely positive gaming experience. If I wanted to follow a sparkling yellow trail to Quest Mark 'n' and kill Enemy 'Y' for Item 'Z' while half asleep, there are quite a few options out there to choose from already.

I truly hope they stick to their guns and keep content hard enough to induce a struggle, because I've had enough of cakewalk MMOs.

Sorry, I tend to be very understated and it won't always come across on a forum with strangers. When I say 'struggling' what I mean is taking on stuff several levels too high in their soul shriven gear and getting olbiterated. I'm not talking about mobs that are difficult if you just spam your left mouse button.

I'm also not talking about experience MMO players who will understand certain concepts and find the right areas; I'm talking about those new to the field who should be encouraged and not turned off by instant death (especially as the game doesn't even give you any feedback on why you died).
  • IdioticUlt1mara
    Thank you all for your feedback. And yes I do enjoy taking a game very slowly ... especially one rich in storyline, like the ES series. But sometimes it is nice to have once char at max level quickly just to do end game things then make other chars to figure out the storyline :P. But seeing as a lot of people, by the looks of it, are leveling very slowly like me I am not that concerned and will look forward to the end game around the same time as a lot of you