Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Confirmed: Extended ESO Game Time!

Severan
Severan
✭✭✭
You guys will be getting an extra 2 days before your free 30 day game time starts! Hopefully this stops all the rage being posted about it...

"We want you to know that everyone who was part of Early Access will be granted an extended grace period until Sunday at 8AM EDT/12PM GMT before being required to transition your account to live. This will cover those who purchased ESO from an online retailer and won't be getting your box shipped in time and also gives anyone who purchased digitally more Early Access time."
- @‌ZOS_JessicaFolsom

So thank you Jessica for the information, and thank you ZOS.
Edited by Severan on April 3, 2014 8:47PM
Xbox One - BeScurred
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That sounds like a very reasonable approach to the situation.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • SkOODaT
    SkOODaT
    ✭✭✭
    If* they listened AWESOME :) Thank you @‌ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by SkOODaT on April 3, 2014 7:46PM
  • Midgardian
    Midgardian
    ✭✭✭
    That was confirmed BEFORE the early access even happened. They announced it because of problems with retailers sending the game later than launch day. It has nothing to do with the down time.
  • recsa1b16_ESO
    No it doesnt fix anything, i dont care a **** about free days, not even the 30, i just want them to give me a good service im gladly paying for.
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    Midgardian wrote: »
    That was confirmed BEFORE the early access even happened. They announced it because of problems with retailers sending the game later than launch day. It has nothing to do with the down time.

Whatever lol. At least people will be happy they are still getting an extended 2 days.
    Edited by Severan on April 3, 2014 8:48PM
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • TRG_Ebrasu
    TRG_Ebrasu
    ✭✭✭
    So pretty much the 48 hour grace period that was already in place? Not really seeing the extension.
  • Midgardian
    Midgardian
    ✭✭✭
    Severan wrote: »

Whatever lol. At least people will be happy they are still getting an extended day.

An extra day isn't going to help, especially since, since more people will be playing by that point, there will probably be more down time and problems.

I'm not worried about getting an extended day, though, I'd just like some customer service for problems I've had (constant crashing, launcher not working) that an extra day isn't going to fix.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Seneschel
    Seneschel
    ✭✭
    People will still complain. That's just gamers for you.
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has nothing to do with downtime. It's to do with retailers and boxed copies.
  • Daggers
    Daggers
    ✭✭✭
    I won't be able to play during those 48 hours. Could I have 48 hours in June?

:p
    The best things in life make you sweaty.
    -Poe
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but how does extending the grace period to Sunday (a day which most delivery services do not deliver on) help cover people who ordered physical copies from retailers that did not ship in time to make release day?
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    So, you are still getting a free extra day. You got 5/3 for preordering, now you get 6/4. They didn't have to give any days at all. Gotta stop look for things to complain about, it's pathetic.

Edit: actually you get 2 extra days.
    Edited by Severan on April 3, 2014 8:48PM
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • sbanned_245443
    Wait what? They increase free Game Time to sunday? but isnt there a Free Month anyway?!?
  • Seneschel
    Seneschel
    ✭✭
    Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but how does extending the grace period to Sunday (a day which most delivery services do not deliver on) help cover people who ordered physical copies from retailers that did not ship in time to make release day?

Because they can keep playing on Sunday and the following day their orders arrive with their game time. That way they don't lose Sunday playtime.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a blast in the world they created. Thank you for the extended game time.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • SkOODaT
    SkOODaT
    ✭✭✭
    So this was already planed ? where was the communication that we actually had free axcess till sunday morning? this is first time Ive heard about it?????... deffinately need better communication from ESO :S
    Edited by SkOODaT on April 3, 2014 8:05PM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 3, 2014 7:52PM
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    Your post doesn't carry enough weight to stop all those people will complain. For that matter, nobody's posts do. If one person starts complaining about something, more will follow.
    Hey man, I'm trying haha.
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news! Thank You :)
  • XuluBak
    XuluBak
    Complaining, the one, true constant among MMOs.
  • TRG_Ebrasu
    TRG_Ebrasu
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but they did not extend anything.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5661/kw/Early access
    IF I DON’T RECEIVE MY RETAIL EDITION ON LAUNCH DAY, WILL I BE ABLE TO PLAY AFTER EARLY ACCESS?
    Updated 03/26/2014 11:55 PM Published 02/15/2014 12:13 PM
    Following the Early Access period, players who pre-ordered retail editions of The Elder Scrolls Online will have a 48-hour grace period to enter their retail edition game codes. During this time, they will be able to play ESO as normal. After April 6, any account that has not redeemed a game code will no longer have game access, but the account will be reactivated once a game code is redeemed
  • Minnus
    Minnus
    ✭✭
    "We want you to know that everyone who was part of Early Access will be granted an extended grace period until Sunday at 8AM EDT/12PM GMT before being required to transition your account to live. This will cover those who purchased ESO from an online retailer and won't be getting your box shipped in time and also gives anyone who purchased digitally more Early Access time."

This doesn't make any sense. Mail isn't delivered on Sundays. Nor Saturdays depending on mode of delivery. It should be extended till Monday to ensure a smooth transition. Who thought this up?
    Edited by Minnus on April 3, 2014 8:04PM
  • james_2k
    james_2k
    yes, this isnt compensation its normal..
  • Midgardian
    Midgardian
    ✭✭✭
    XuluBak wrote: »
    Complaining, the one, true constant among MMOs.

I'm often confused by this sort of "anti-complaining" contingent as I am by a complaining contingent. Yes, complaining is often counter-productive, but so is complaining about complaining. Some people complain about everything, some people complain about everything people complain about.

Complaining is often healthy. Businesses shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want just because they are offering the service. Not everyone is complaining because they feel "entitled" or any other stupid way of lumping people together.

The idea that dissent is never valuable is not a good way to think and, even if this is just an MMO forum, is a huge lapse in reason.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seneschel wrote: »

Because they can keep playing on Sunday and the following day their orders arrive with their game time. That way they don't lose Sunday playtime.

Er - no. Not for EU players. They just informed us that Sunday mornings seems like the perfect time to schedule EU maintenance.

Because who plays MMO's on a weekend right?
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    hah
    you realize that's only because it has to be done whether they like it or not because of the international dateline and shipping

aint complaining, just sayin
    A large yellow rectangle

• annarky
    annarky
    I'm often confused by this sort of "anti-complaining" contingent as I am by a complaining contingent. Yes, complaining is often counter-productive, but so is complaining about complaining. Some people complain about everything, some people complain about everything people complain about.

Complaining is often healthy. Businesses shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want just because they are offering the service. Not everyone is complaining because they feel "entitled" or any other stupid way of lumping people together.

The idea that dissent is never valuable is not a good way to think and, even if this is just an MMO forum, is a huge lapse in reason.

You sir, are 1000% correct.
  • Asuna_Meow
    Asuna_Meow
    ✭✭✭
    This won't stop the complaining... we'll always see these same people complaining ALWAYs they'll continue to sub and continue to complain that's just how they get their rocks off.
    Meow
  • Pixii
    Pixii
    ✭✭✭
    im just a little confused though....

how are we getting an "extended day"

Is God going to part the Heavens and slow down time?
    Are they delaying launch tomorrow?

I just don't see how it's actually an "extra" day

Unless my watch is broken... nope, still working