Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Racial Motifs - Where?

Larfleece
Larfleece
I'd really like to know where to find how to craft with the racial motifs of different races (khajit and breton in particular). If anyone knows how please tell me asap. Thanks.
  • Larfleece
    Larfleece
    Castielle wrote: »

Yeah, I'm more looking on what books I'm supposed to be looking for and where to find them. Everything I've found so far is just telling me that I need to find books.
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    They are distributed randomly across Tamriel. The few I've found have been in a nightstand or a dresser. Check all of them!!

Cas
  • Larfleece
    Larfleece
    Castielle wrote: »
    They are distributed randomly across Tamriel. The few I've found have been in a nightstand or a dresser. Check all of them!!

Cas

Good to know, and thanks. I'll try and keep checking this post and see if I can come up with a list of locations of books so everyone can see it.
  • Obernach
    Obernach
    ✭✭
    they appear randomly in chests and wardrobes and nightstands and sacks and everywhere. they arent in a defined area.
  • Larfleece
    Larfleece
    Obernach wrote: »
    they appear randomly in chests and wardrobes and nightstands and sacks and everywhere. they arent in a defined area.

Aw, well that makes things significantly harder. Would still like to see if there is a way to make finding them easier.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey. i have a khajiit motif for sale. but i would rathet trade it for another motif. still il be back from work at 6pm, think of a fair offer until then :p
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Aevric
    Aevric
    ✭✭✭
    I even found one in a vase. As far as I can tell, it's totally random when/where you'll snag one.
  • Kelara
    Kelara
    Soul Shriven
    I seem to recall the books are a different colour and have a title something like "Breton Racial Motifs"
  • makong
    makong
    ✭✭✭
    Racial Motifs can be found anywhere from wardrobes to barrels, crates, chests etc., It's a random world drop. Good luck. I've found them all.
  • NicoleOnyxheart
    you guys are a lot luckier than me, i've been playing since the start of the early access and have yet to find a racial motif

and i'm a compulsive hoarder, i open everything and take anything that's not nailed down xD so why i haven't found one yet i don't know
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing with a partner and when he is not on or taking a dinner break I run through every house in a city and open everything. Made about a dozen passes through Daggerfall. I found them all but Imperial which I expect will be very hard to find and very expensive to buy. Most players seem to be trading one for one so that is a good thing.
  • flemmingrohdb16_ESO
    I have been playing with a partner and when he is not on or taking a dinner break I run through every house in a city and open everything. Made about a dozen passes through Daggerfall. I found them all but Imperial which I expect will be very hard to find and very expensive to buy. Most players seem to be trading one for one so that is a good thing.

all about luck
    ive been through daggerfall more than a dozen times and ive found 2...
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    The level 10 Coldharbour quest has a high chance inside the trunks. You can actually relog inside to repopulate them, but it's boring and you still have to be lucky.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are notoriously hard to find and they will keep you busy for a looong time ;)
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got one from a dresser. From what I've seen, the loot tables for dressers, desks, cabinets, and chests are a lot better than for crates, barrels, sacks, and vases.

Also, they tend to respawn over time so you can go back to the more high end houses and loot them again.
  • Kildar
    Kildar
    as many have said it is random. though i suspect not hard if you play ESO like every TES game and steal everything. you will find it all eventually. for now get a friend that is of the race you want the armor of. i make imperial gear for my friends since they have a broken code and cant make it themselves atm.
  • Arandear
    Arandear
    ✭✭✭
    Have been playing since 5 day early acess, my friend found one in the first book shelf he checked, so lucky!
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I try to loot absolutely everything. I find myself waiting for other guys I am leveling with and while I wait I run as many of the houses in the city as I can to look for the books. I trade the doubles away to get the ones I am missing. But, that damn imperial motif is still eluding me... one day imperial motif... one day
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    I find ships seems to be the best place to look
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately I have been starting to find these from the locations mentioned above. Not sure why I didn't find so much before... might be related to crafting skill and/or level with luck on chances of finding one.

Just yesterday found Orc and 2x Khajiit
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Riny01
    Riny01
    ✭✭✭
    I found more in beta than I have in early access, boo!
  • OrrynZyst
    OrrynZyst
    I've found all of the main race Motifs so far. Just logged in and out of one the bank houses and kept relogging and looting. I havent found the last five yet. Has anyone found the Ancient Elven Motif which is #11 yet?
  • Shambhu
    Shambhu
    I don't think they are found in sacks, crates or barrels, let alone in produce. At least I haven't found anything but food items in those, and I just looted for maybe two hours everything I could find in Auridon. No motif books, and the few recipes I found were in cabinets or trunks. Maybe it has something to do with my character being on level 3? I'm going for an all-out crafter (well, blacksmith/enchanter) for one of my characters, and decided to avoid all quests and fights as long as possible.
  • Shambhu
    Shambhu
    OrrynZyst wrote: »
    I've found all of the main race Motifs so far. Just logged in and out of one the bank houses and kept relogging and looting. I havent found the last five yet. Has anyone found the Ancient Elven Motif which is #11 yet?

What do you mean? You just looted over and over again just one house? :o
  • TheBusStop
    TheBusStop
    ✭✭
    Shambhu wrote: »

If you relog, all the containers respawn (I think) so there is a chance a motif spawned in the container in front of you. I will have to try that strategy out myself :)
  • Shambhu
    Shambhu
    TheBusStop wrote: »

If you relog, all the containers respawn (I think) so there is a chance a motif spawned in the container in front of you. I will have to try that strategy out myself :)

Well damn! I might try that as well :)
  • Larfleece
    Larfleece
    TheBusStop wrote: »
    Shambhu wrote: »

This is really helpful, I need to try that. The comments also seem to suggest that they're more commonly found in in and around some type of buildings mostly? I'll make some passes over Daggerfall and see if I can find any.