Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to become a Werewolf/Vampire

Locksoli
Locksoli
✭✭
I read everything on sanies lupinus, and I think its probably porphyric hemophilia that is for vampires. But I tried fighting some werewolves near aldcroft and I gained no infection. Plus I kept getting my ass kicked. Does anybody know how to become a werewolf and or vampire
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    This was not implemented in the beta yet. So far feel free to explore now. *evilgrin*
  • Drakanwulf
    Drakanwulf
    ✭✭
    I believe (if I remember the Beta comments correctly) that those two "races" are scheduled to be implemented at some point in the future along with the Thieves Guild, the Brotherhood, and the other Elder Scroll staple organizations.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Get bit by a werewolf, I'm not certain how to manage it for becoming a vampire but I suspect it is similiar.
  • Drakanwulf
    Drakanwulf
    ✭✭
    @Alyrn_Grey: Yes, that is how you become a werewolf ... provided the game supports lycanthropy ... which it does not at this time ... :)
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the last area of your alliance, you apparently will be able to find lycanothropy.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Digm
    Digm
    ✭✭
    Inversus has it right. The spawns can be difficult to find, and despawn over a certain amount of time. Just getting hit by these specific werewolf or vampire mobs will give you the disease, and a followup quest should be available in the main city of that region to complete your transformation.
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if I was getting lycaothropy mixed up with vampirism.
    For both types of illness, you need to find a very rare spawn, which leads you to a small quest.

I believe that the vampire spawn is rarer than the werewolf, or at least that is what I have heard PTS testers report.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Haven
    Haven
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone else elaborate on where exactly I can find a Vampire or Werewolf? I have not the slightest clue. So far I found a "Vampire assassin" But it did not bite even after a long time. So.. Anyone? Any information at all will be nice.
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    Vampirism and Lycanthropy cannot be obtained by getting infected as far as I am aware. From what I understand, it involved a ritual, and possibly a quest chain near the end of each faction's territory.

So you can't be either until late in your progression.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    They allowed early access without allow vampire and werewolf skill lines? Horrible.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    Vaerth wrote: »
    They allowed early access without allow vampire and werewolf skill lines? Horrible.

The skill lines are there and need to be unlocked, just like the Emperor skill line. Don't troll.

• Haven
    Haven
    ✭✭✭
    So how far into the game are we talking? About what level? Thanks for the information by the way. =)
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    Locations or means folk. Being a vampire been the biggest bonus for me for this game, I need to know where to go to get infected :)
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
  • slymerub17_ESO
    Last night while trying to fish. I kept getting an on screen message saying "you cannot fish while in werewolf form". I'm assuming it was just a glitch/bug. I definitely didn't look like a werewolf, and I couldn't find anything on my character sheet stating I was a werewolf.
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    Found this tidbit.

It took testers like a good month or two to find how to get infected after it was released. ZOS decided not to hand it to us, they just told us that it was now active and to go find it, and even after 1 or 2 test builds with nobody finding it, they still weren't giving us anything. It ended up getting found by total accident and then tested thoroughly to figure it out, and some stuff is still not entirely positive, but we got it down enough to know how to do it.

For both vampire and werewolf, certain mobs will spawn at unique hours of the day/night and possibly moon cycle in the higher level zones of each faction. They'll only be there at those times for a few hours and disappear at dawn, but if they attack you then you will become infected. From there you get a quest where you can either cure yourself or embrace the affliction which leads to another quest to complete either of those options.

After you embrace the affliction you can go to certain churches in the game to seek a cure from a priest of Arkay for a gold fee.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a Werewolf in Daggerfall when you first start out (not on the starter island). I remember wondering if you could get infecting when fighting it; but nothing came of it when I did. It is in the main city you start in; a brief quest involving identifying what has been killing the poor/homeless. It is under a bridge.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can become a werewolf or a vampire in the game as shipped (i.e. in early access) -- however it's a very powerful skillset (some might say overpowered) and so it's very hard to actually get.
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    After that simply go to cyrodil and you have all the time fresh victims ^^
  • Haven
    Haven
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information and sorry for the constant questioning, but does anyone know exactly where to go? Or at least a certain map?
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    I can't seem to find the specific zone
  • VladiriusDiablo
    what are the zones they spawn in?
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    @Drakanwulf - You are incorrect, both Vampire and Werewolf are active and in the game currently.

Planning a little vacation to Mournhold at some point. ;)
  • Locksoli
    Locksoli
    ✭✭
    I tried at least with all the werwolves in glenumbra, but thats about it
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a Vampire in the Dominion, around level 8.. but he doesn't "bite".
  • sedokaeb17_ESO
    where can i find the werewolfs in mournhold?
  • Haven
    Haven
    ✭✭✭
    Well as said before I found a vampire but it didn't bite. No matter what I did. So maybe only some of them carry the infection?
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    This will become a very lucrative business for the person who gets the disease to turn people
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    Only certain mobs can infect you and they are not available all the time. People need to not make assumptions based on the lack of data on a game that is not yet three days old.

I'm sure there will be a guide about it posted soon. We had one in beta, after all.

Be aware that there are some downsides to those trees. They are definitely interesting but I wouldn't call them be-all, end-all trees.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless they don't allow player to player infection to keep that scenario from occurring.
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    @Sihnfahl, they specifically get that skill once the skill tree gets to a certain point. It's on a lengthy cool down.