Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wood-elf, Dragonknight, Archer?

dungya
dungya
anyone think this is a good character line? this is what im running on one of my mains, and im lvl 16 so far at not much gameplay, prefer solo-ing quests and doing good so far...wondering if i should make a new one just in case this combo would suck end game?! help please =d
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    What skill line of DK?

Oh, and DK archer? Eh. Lotta DK skills and up front and personal, not conducive to bow.
  • dungya
    dungya
    mix between Draconic Power and Earthen Heart, just reached level 15 and have been switching between bow and 1h and shield (or should i skip that and go to 2h?)
  • dungya
    dungya
    Bumpalicious.
  • dungya
    dungya
    I have since changed my skills and weapons to a Destruction Staff and a 2H, and kill mobs like a boss.
    Edited by dungya on April 23, 2014 10:27PM
  • Chiefwilliams
    Chiefwilliams
    ✭✭✭
    I made a wood elf Dk last night for bow and 2h late game pvp, but I'm goin to level using aoe etc, reason I picked wood elf is for the increased exp with bows, that way when I get high level it won't be as hard to level bow up for pvp instead of tryin to keep it equal to my level as I pve. That's just my reasons for it tho, I have a nb I was going to use for archer ganking but the dk can do the same thing nb can with it but better I think, due to having more reliable defense and melee capabilities if they don't die before reaching you.
  • thomas.manzellaub17_ESO
    IMO High Elf DK Archer would be better. They have increased fire damage.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's dark elves that have the increased fire damage.

Anyways, not all dragonknight skills are anti-range. Draconic talons is a great rooting ability for kiting enemies as an archer, and stonefist is a good mid-range knockdown. Dragon blood (green dragon blood in particular) is an awesome self heal and the stamina regen bonus it conveys will let you fire off weapon attacks more often. Even lava whip can be useful as an archer.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • dungya
    dungya
    great opinions guys! thanks =)
  • Welshie82
    Welshie82
    Soul Shriven
    I've recently rolled this myself. Bomer using Draconic Power for +Def and Rooting, Bow for damage. Am finding it works well with the Bow as can Kite easily. I'm actually quite enjoying it.
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get yourself the Toxic Defiance set and make an interesting bow build out of it! End game gear, so you may be waiting a while. But it's something I'm working on now as a fun non-cookie cutter build :D
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    It's decent. I personally would use Imperial instead, but it should work.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is from 2014...
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NECROMANCY!
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gosh, I'm sorry for not noticing. Someone forgive me for assisting in the heretical practice.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Anyways, not all dragonknight skills are anti-range. Draconic talons is a great rooting ability for kiting enemies as an archer, and stonefist is a good mid-range knockdown. Dragon blood (green dragon blood in particular) is an awesome self heal and the stamina regen bonus it conveys will let you fire off weapon attacks more often. Even lava whip can be useful as an archer.

That's not entirely accurate. You are right they have MORE increased fire damage though than the Altmer. The Dunmer also has less Magicka (1% less) than the Altmer, and 10% less magicka regeneration. The Dunmer makes up for it with fire resistance and 6% stamina.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

That's not entirely accurate. You are right they have MORE increased fire damage though than the Altmer. The Dunmer also has less Magicka (1% less) than the Altmer, and 10% less magicka regeneration. The Dunmer makes up for it with fire resistance and 6% stamina.

That was a post from 2014...it was a mysterious time as players were just beginning to explore the game...
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..