The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Didn't get random dungeon award?

Deceptive_Yoshi
Deceptive_Yoshi
✭✭✭
I queued for a random normal dungeon and when I finished the random dungeon which was elden hollow I didn't get the premium undaunted exploration supplies and according to the built in loot history I didn't get the 101,047 XP for completing it. I've logged out and back in to see if it was possibly in the mail and don't see it.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, doing vet Wayrest as a random vet dungeon. Got credit for completion of the event on the final boss kill, but then... nothing? No reward envelope, and unable to tell if we got the bonus XP or not. Client crashed multiple times during the run and afterwards, so I did restart the game and login again - no mail with rewards.

So, my question is, when you complete one of the random dungeons... do you have to still do anything further to claim your prize? Or is there a pre-requisite such as completing the regular pledge dungeon first?

Update: tried doing random dungeon via grouping tool again (2nd time on same day, still showing blue reward). Same thing, after completion: "Activity completed". Active quest shows subtext below: "Random vet dungeon: Activity complete". However, no visible XP gain, no email etc. Go into grouping tool, and "not all group members meet the level requirements" - this was after two members had left. Breaking group results in the active quest text for random vet dungeon task disappearing - as if I had never started a random dungeon.......

My guess is that we might have to go into the grouping tool again before anyone leaves group?
    PC NA, vr16 DC breton templar.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on March 8, 2016 6:27AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same.
  • Lunovus
    Lunovus
    ✭✭
    Did a random dungeon today via LFG tool.

After we successfully finished (no crashes or DCs for me) got a message "Achievement <blabla>".

XP awarded right away, and an ingame mail shortly after with some soul gems, rare crafting material,. and a blue set item matching the level of my char.

Display in the LFG tool then changed from 100k XP to like 33k XP and showed daily thingie done.

So, worked for me.
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a message on my screen "activity completed" but never received the rewards, tried switching zones, logging out and in again, switching toons. Still nothing :s
    Edited by Ajaxduo on March 8, 2016 1:57AM
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, got the "activity completed" message but no rewards. Tried on 2 toons.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

You should get the reward as long as you chose "random veteran dungeon" and the dungeon you ended up doing was not the daily gold/silver.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should get the reward as long as you chose "random veteran dungeon" and the dungeon you ended up doing was not the daily gold/silver.

@profundidob16_ESO It works if you choose "random X dungeon" and it just happens to pick the pledge for you though. At least it did for us last night as we ended up getting the vet pledge.

You shouldn't have to do anything after to get it, but I received it twice last night.. maybe some helpful info. All of us stayed chatting in the dungeon for a minute or two and received our rewards before anyone left group, or left the dungeon. Maybe if the group breaks up before the reward gets out - it doesn't send?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not know. We queued with a full group for a vet dungeon. After 6 min with no pop we tried again. Nothing popped.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@profundidob16_ESO It works if you choose "random X dungeon" and it just happens to pick the pledge for you though. At least it did for us last night as we ended up getting the vet pledge.

You shouldn't have to do anything after to get it, but I received it twice last night.. maybe some helpful info. All of us stayed chatting in the dungeon for a minute or two and received our rewards before anyone left group, or left the dungeon. Maybe if the group breaks up before the reward gets out - it doesn't send?
    That's a possibility. I noticed that we got our XP reward instantly when the last boss died, though (right at the same time the "activity completed" message came up). The mail came through almost immediately after that for me, but with a slight delay because the mail is always at least slightly delayed....
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second the final boss fell down I got both the xp reward in my logs and the popup of a new email so it should be instant. I heard from one guildie that he didnt' get it and that his random chosen dungeon also happen to be the daily gold one (which would lead to a double/triple reward) so most likely that could be the issue

Could also indeed be a purely random bug
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not know. We queued with a full group for a vet dungeon. After 6 min with no pop we tried again. Nothing popped.
    When we queued for a random vet dungeon last night with a full group it took just over 20 minutes for it to put us in one (it did randomly put us in the gold pledge dungeon, though, so that was nice). After doing that one when we queued for a random non-vet dungeon with a full group it took about 8 minutes before it put us in one.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second random group dungeon completed. Second time I received no mail.

How does this thread only have 13 replies?

Can you people who look into this thread and apparently are getting your rewards please pop in and tell me what exactly I have to do in order to get this mail that is supposed to show up in my mailbox?
    Edited by Joy_Division on March 8, 2016 4:42PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second the final boss fell down I got both the xp reward in my logs and the popup of a new email so it should be instant. I heard from one guildie that he didnt' get it and that his random chosen dungeon also happen to be the daily gold one (which would lead to a double/triple reward) so most likely that could be the issue

Could also indeed be a purely random bug
    I don't think it has to do with the random dungeon being the daily pledge. That's what we got last night and it worked for us - got the random dungeon reward, the pledge reward, and the dungeon quest reward (as I was on a character that hasn't done most of the vet dungeons). All told I got a skill point, about 150K XP, a purple VR16 monster helm, a purple VR16 monster shoulder, a blue VR16 set piece, some soul gems, some gold, and of course the drops from the stuff that we killed. All for one dungeon.

I lucked out on that one big time.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We can confirm that there is a bug where manually-formed groups that queue for a random dungeon are not receiving the daily reward. We have a fix for this that we're currently testing, and it will go out in a future incremental patch. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, all!
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on March 8, 2016 4:49PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second random group dungeon completed. Second time I received no mail.

How does this thread only have 13 replies?

Can you people who look into this thread and apparently are getting your rewards please pop in and tell me what exactly I have to do in order to get this mail that is supposed to show up in my mailbox?

@Joy_Division calling you back in case you missed Jessica's reply. Apparently it's just broken for some :( There's nothing fancy you need to do, I guess it just matters on who it's broken for.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Are you also aware that the dungeon queue does not pop instantly (or even close) with a premade group? Even when making sure you have the proper group composition. 20 minutes for random vet dungeon, 8 minutes for random normal dungeon.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can confirm that there is a bug where manually-formed groups that queue for a random dungeon are not receiving the daily reward. We have a fix for this that we're currently testing, and it will go out in a future incremental patch. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, all!
    Do you know if there's anything specific about how certain manually-formed groups are getting this bug? The manual group that we formed last night (and actually we formed it twice as we had to reform the group between random dungeons in order to queue for a new one) got our rewards fine.

To help give you more details of where it worked fine:
    • We were a cross-faction group with me as the group leader on a VR16 DC character, and all 3 other members were on AD characters (2 were VR16, one was VR4 or VR5).
    • I manually invited all 3 other members using their user IDs rather than character names.
    • I had my role set as tank, one of the VR16s had their role set as healer, and the other 2 group members had their roles set as DPS. None of us had more than one role selected.
    • We had the dungeon difficulty selected as veteran when we queued for a random veteran dungeon, and then we had the difficulty selected as normal when we queued for a random non-veteran dungeon.

Hope that helps narrow down the circumstances under which it's happening (because it's clearly not always happening for manually formed groups).
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Do you know if there's anything specific about how certain manually-formed groups are getting this bug? The manual group that we formed last night (and actually we formed it twice as we had to reform the group between random dungeons in order to queue for a new one) got our rewards fine.

To help give you more details of where it worked fine:
    • We were a cross-faction group with me as the group leader on a VR16 DC character, and all 3 other members were on AD characters (2 were VR16, one was VR4 or VR5).
    • I manually invited all 3 other members using their user IDs rather than character names.
    • I had my role set as tank, one of the VR16s had their role set as healer, and the other 2 group members had their roles set as DPS. None of us had more than one role selected.
    • We had the dungeon difficulty selected as veteran when we queued for a random veteran dungeon, and then we had the difficulty selected as normal when we queued for a random non-veteran dungeon.

Hope that helps narrow down the circumstances under which it's happening (because it's clearly not always happening for manually formed groups).

As well. The group was formed (everyone invite and accepted) before joining the queue for a random dungeon.

For SCIENCE!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks, @MissBizz and @UrQuan! We actually have a fix for the issue already, and are just testing it. :) There isn't anything specific you can do to not encounter the bug, unfortunately.

(Edit: We'll check on the dungeon queue pop delay, @MissBizz.)
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on March 8, 2016 5:57PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and my friend also did not get the random dungeon award. We were pretty disappointed. Glad to see a fix is in the works, however.
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @MissBizz and @UrQuan! We actually have a fix for the issue already, and are just testing it. :) There isn't anything specific you can do to not encounter the bug, unfortunately.

(Edit: We'll check on the dungeon queue pop delay, @MissBizz.)

Awesome. Thank you very very much!
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not directed towards Jessica, but how does this get past internal testing (lol?), with what looks like a 100% failure rate? Not 1 person thought to test this scenario?
    Edited by Sallington on March 8, 2016 6:26PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Deceptive_Yoshi
    Deceptive_Yoshi
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

Not directed towards Jessica, but how does this get past internal testing (lol?), with what looks like a 100% failure rate? Not 1 person thought to test this scenario?

I'm pretty sure that the large chunk of the problems in this patch didn't go unnoticed but I'm pretty sure they had to stay on schedule regardless of patch quality.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey @MissBizz, for the queue pop delay issue you're reporting, is that happening when you join the queue with a partially formed group? A fully-formed group? Both?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @MissBizz, for the queue pop delay issue you're reporting, is that happening when you join the queue with a partially formed group? A fully-formed group? Both?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom UrQuan and I were actually in the group together, so everything UrQuan and I stated above in this thread applies. It was the same 4 people both times. Full formed group both times. I found it really weird that the random vet dungeon took 20 minutes, but the random normal dungeon took 8. We all even stayed on the same characters and such for both dungeons.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Sorry for the double ping. But I actually put in a bug (feedback?) report for it last night while we were waiting. Oddly enough as I was typing it up it gave us a dungeon to go to. The ticket number is 160307-002887 in case that gives you any behind the scenes info. That was while we were waiting on the random veteran dungeon.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you turn in undaunted quests guys or get undaunted leveled still?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom UrQuan and I were actually in the group together, so everything UrQuan and I stated above in this thread applies. It was the same 4 people both times. Full formed group both times. I found it really weird that the random vet dungeon took 20 minutes, but the random normal dungeon took 8. We all even stayed on the same characters and such for both dungeons.
    Just to emphasize (I said it above, but just in case it gets missed) it was the same 4 people both times, all invited manually before queuing both times, and all with the same roles selected both times (nobody with more than 1 role selected, and we had 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 DPS), but it was 2 separate groups, because we had to disband and re-invite in order to queue for a random dungeon again. If that makes a difference...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    UrQuan wrote: »

Just to emphasize (I said it above, but just in case it gets missed) it was the same 4 people both times, all invited manually before queuing both times, and all with the same roles selected both times (nobody with more than 1 role selected, and we had 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 DPS), but it was 2 separate groups, because we had to disband and re-invite in order to queue for a random dungeon again. If that makes a difference...

Got it, thank you! We're getting a bug in for this now.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

@FENGRUSH My undaunted has been max level for a long time now, but I'm guessing it would give you undaunted XP if you needed it. I'm not sure what you mean by the quests. I picked up the pledges before we grouped up, and we got lucky and the "random veteran dungeon" it placed us in was the veteran pledge dungeon. I received credit and a gold key like normal. As well a guildmate was on an alt that hadn't done that veteran dungeon yet and he completed the normal quest in there too.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

@FENGRUSH My undaunted has been max level for a long time now, but I'm guessing it would give you undaunted XP if you needed it. I'm not sure what you mean by the quests. I picked up the pledges before we grouped up, and we got lucky and the "random veteran dungeon" it placed us in was the veteran pledge dungeon. I received credit and a gold key like normal. As well a guildmate was on an alt that hadn't done that veteran dungeon yet and he completed the normal quest in there too.

Good to know - thank you! :)