Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcs need a Shield buff!

NativeJoe
NativeJoe
✭✭✭✭✭
With the recent developments in pvp and pve, I believe us sorcs need a *slight*adjustment in our shields. with bosses hitting for 34k (past the threshold of 99% of sorcs ward), and pvp players hitting for 14+k Wrecking blows in pvp (which is the average sorcs shields +3k) and the coming Darkflare madness of 22k+ hits in pvp we need a slight adjustment...which is somewhat fair since we're going to be getting dots on our shields and we already have an entire set built to go right past them...

Before the rage machine starts let me say this: sorcs have 1 shield the rest of you don't have access too. and most of you have plenty of other defenses, mitigation techniques, and your *own* form of shields...

But in past metas we got a shield strong enough to repel 1 strong attack, and 2-3 lesser attacks. If we *don't* see an adjustment to our shield values we'll be relegated to our shields taking half of a strong attack, and our pve tanking abilities are being hampered as well by the absolutely *beast mode* hits even the smallest daedra can push out.

This won't hold of sorcs if we don't receive attention like this... instead of one shield most sorcs use now, we'll see alot more shield stacking and resto staves to compensate for this weakness...which would only make fighting sorcs worse (believe me on this plz) in pvp, and more sorc exclusivity in pve because if we're all running resto staves....why do we need a templar?

in other words... not giving a small buff to ward at this point , will make the next patches sorcs adapt...and that adaption won't benefit anyone.
650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
Broken'Stick North American Server
https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This won't hold off* sorcs if we don't receive attention like this.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started playing my Sorc. After reading your post OP, I come to only one question I feel tickled to ask.

Why would I let myself get hit to begin with?
  • TheMachineKiller
    TheMachineKiller
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like unlimited ulti gain from streaking through zergs like the good ole days,

ty in advance zeni
    Vehemence
    Solo Extraordinaire
      Miss Machine - AD Wolfskull - DC Ok Cool - DC Wheremigoin - DC
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could, you know, put some points into health instead of min/max everything into magicka.

Also if you're concerned about being destroyed by enough damage to punch through your 20k+ shield and your 15k+ hp, what are the other 3 classes that don't effectively have 35k hp supposed to do? Roll over and die to constant one shots?

I do somewhat see your point but you're trying to push a sorc agenda for the effects you describe that should be hitting all classes. You're not providing any suggestions to help out the other 3 classes at all when your problem should effect them all.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started playing my Sorc. After reading your post OP, I come to only one question I feel tickled to ask.

Why would I let myself get hit to begin with?

ummm.... because as a magick based sorc you have a 2 dodge roll limit.... and you can't farm IC, dungeons, and expecially pvp (everyone has a pocket templar/stealth/vigor)etc purely defensively with daedric mines, streak, prison, and pets.
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the joke thread of the day right?
    Edited by clayandaudrey_ESO on February 22, 2016 10:25PM
  • FloppyFrank
    FloppyFrank
    ✭✭✭
    or you can just git gud
    Xbone GT: x mech duck x
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could, you know, put some points into health instead of min/max everything into magicka.

Also if you're concerned about being destroyed by enough damage to punch through your 20k+ shield and your 15k+ hp, what are the other 3 classes that don't effectively have 35k hp supposed to do? Roll over and die to constant one shots?

I do somewhat see your point but you're trying to push a sorc agenda for the effects you describe that should be hitting all classes. You're not providing any suggestions to help out the other 3 classes at all when your problem should effect them all.

The other classes have their own techniques to deal with damage. and it's not like they couldn't stack shields as well if need be. but they all have better options then that. Have you never spent 2 minutes trying to kill a DK or Templar? or fought a decent Magicka nightblade? or been in dungeons with NB tanks/templar heal tanks/ and DK tanks? Every class has their own way of dealing with high damage blows. Sorcs have ward, and streak...and you can't exactly streak around infinitly anymore, nor do I advise it in VCOA haha when ur supposed to be doing dedicated strong dps.

I'm a sorc, so I can only speak as to the "sorc issue" at hand. I don't know what it takes for a templar to get to the point they can take on 5 people and laugh at the futile attempts of molag kena to even put a 5k dent in their health. Nor do I know for dks and NBs. I just know that if you force the majority of sorcs to pick up the restoration staff to combat the damage trend... it won't be good for the game as a whole.

Because once again: if all the sorcs have restoration staves and we got 3 in group in 1 nb or dk tank... why do we need a templar? I Love my templar friends, they're useful right now. this is as much about my class as it is the usefulness of theirs.
  • Veske_Valrune
    Veske_Valrune
    ✭✭✭
    As a player who mains a sorc I couldn't agree more.
    kappa
    PC
    North American Server
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    znedk.jpg
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides the *Troll* answer of just "No" or GTFO, or just get gud.... lol Can anyone anticipate and think of the ramifications of what im talking about? I realize we're talking about something every non-sorc player hates, as much as everyone hates WB spam... it's pretty much in that catagory and I realize this. But the ramifications of not addressing this issue are very real. They gave us a twilight that drops 18+k heals, and are forcing us to run resto staves on a bar to combat the lack of damage mitigation our ward isn't giving us. Do you see where i am going with this? And if we're running by default with enough heals to keep a tank alive...why would we gimp the group by picking up a NB, dk, or templar dps who will need minor heals as well? why not just 3 sorcs and 1 tank?

See what im trying to say at all people? Currently we rather gain marginally higher dps by running one ward, which allows us to rely on a templar for those burst heals. and we're happy with that set up. But if u make sorcs adapt...everyone will pay for this. You'll be in zone looking for a group, and you'll see "LF1M sorc only plz"

• strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post hurt me physically.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post hurt me physically.

id show u in eso where it touched me but loading screen.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have pretty much covered the bases now. You started with we are going to get one shot and need help, to we are getting so good we dont need other classes.

I cant wait to see where this goes next.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have pretty much covered the bases now. You started with we are going to get one shot and need help, to we are getting so good we dont need other classes.

I cant wait to see where this goes next.

Not at all.

What im saying is if the trend of putting super high damage enemies and pvp builds that can blow our shields away and some of our hp too.... sticks, we'll be compensating with a restoration staff.

That act of"compensating" will be game changing. and I believe it will be wholy negative for players playing any other class.

Read the entire post guys. I'm not trying to troll you guys and say we need 160k shields in order to survive... I'm saying not adjusting the shield strengths positively in a slight direction is going to have game changing results. it's really simple. if sorcs can't rely on class abilities to mitigate damage, they'll go to a weapon ability. And forcing sorcs to go that route while giving every sorc the strongest heal in the game cannot be a healthy move. o.o what more can I possibly say?
    Edited by NativeJoe on February 22, 2016 11:01PM
  • x_Nathan_F
    x_Nathan_F
    ✭✭✭
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3esZPv-cuckoo-1-UVPn.gif
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, stack more shields - last night I did 80K damage in less than 10 seconds to a sorc and never touched his health. This is a L2P issue, sorcs need no more shields.....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    With the recent developments in pvp and pve, I believe us sorcs need a *slight*adjustment in our shields. with bosses hitting for 34k (past the threshold of 99% of sorcs ward), and pvp players hitting for 14+k Wrecking blows in pvp (which is the average sorcs shields +3k) and the coming Darkflare madness of 22k+ hits in pvp we need a slight adjustment...which is somewhat fair since we're going to be getting dots on our shields and we already have an entire set built to go right past them...

Before the rage machine starts let me say this: sorcs have 1 shield the rest of you don't have access too. and most of you have plenty of other defenses, mitigation techniques, and your *own* form of shields...

But in past metas we got a shield strong enough to repel 1 strong attack, and 2-3 lesser attacks. If we *don't* see an adjustment to our shield values we'll be relegated to our shields taking half of a strong attack, and our pve tanking abilities are being hampered as well by the absolutely *beast mode* hits even the smallest daedra can push out.

This won't hold of sorcs if we don't receive attention like this... instead of one shield most sorcs use now, we'll see alot more shield stacking and resto staves to compensate for this weakness...which would only make fighting sorcs worse (believe me on this plz) in pvp, and more sorc exclusivity in pve because if we're all running resto staves....why do we need a templar?

in other words... not giving a small buff to ward at this point , will make the next patches sorcs adapt...and that adaption won't benefit anyone.

LoL you have to be joking...
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭

Stop doing coke. Clearly you're numbers are way off. Sorc shields are 9k on average and ignore crit so in pvp that's 1.5 surprise attacks with upcoming cp changes it'll be 2. In pve shields are 22k+ nothing needs to be changed if anything sorcs need a nerf defensively and a buff offensively as to not be so dependent on overload. Shield stacking is clearly a broken mechanic advocating that it's not is clearly just for self gain.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    Dude, stack more shields - last night I did 80K damage in less than 10 seconds to a sorc and never touched his health. This is a L2P issue, sorcs need no more shields.....

And that person wasn't running just 1 ward where they? they where running multiple because WARD was not strong enough to mitigate 1 attack. so they where "adapting".... x.x oddly enough... This is exactly what im trying to say is going to happen in the vast majority of sorcs if things go like this. You *think* your pointing out a issue that disproves my fortelling of the future so you can be part of the mob...but reality, you encountered another one of the sorc converts to this play style x.x
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    youre_serious_futurama.gif

Bender to the rescue !!!
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And that person wasn't running just 1 ward where they? they where running multiple because WARD was not strong enough to mitigate 1 attack. so they where "adapting".... x.x oddly enough... This is exactly what im trying to say is going to happen in the vast majority of sorcs if things go like this. You *think* your pointing out a issue that disproves my fortelling of the future so you can be part of the mob...but reality, you encountered another one of the sorc converts to this play style x.x

Remove shield stacking. Issue resolved.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on February 22, 2016 11:14PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but smarty pantz, they're not going to remove the other shields from the game or bar Sorc's from using them are they? Which means, if they give you precious sorcs more powerful shields you'll be able to run around untouchable if you so desire.

Again, L2P. You can't have it all mate, stack more shields at the expense of having ya crystal frags or learn to roll dodge, choice is yours bruh
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only sorcs who max damage by ignoring resources are affected by and if you are shield stacking you are already using resto in the first place.

Good luck running all sorc groups though, it will be great. Hope you like spamming purify and honestly those sorcs who are butthurt because they can't min max their dps build and be super tanks sure as *** aren't healing dungeons anyway.

Troll post is bad.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Force-Siphon

It's happening.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That act of"compensating" will be game changing. and I believe it will be wholy negative for players playing any other class.

Other classes don't have access to shields that scale off max magicka. So they are already limited to using smaller shields that scale off health, or other ways to mitigate damage.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on February 22, 2016 11:25PM
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but smarty pantz, they're not going to remove the other shields from the game or bar Sorc's from using them are they? Which means, if they give you precious sorcs more powerful shields you'll be able to run around untouchable if you so desire.

Again, L2P. You can't have it all mate, stack more shields at the expense of having ya crystal frags or learn to roll dodge, choice is yours bruh

-Dots applying to shields
    -dot dmg increase via CP
    -shields critable now
    -shield breaker set
    -"shield breaker" CP
    -50% reduction to shields in pvp
    -talked about shield cast time in last eso live

Those all sound like a Dev team thats clueless as how to balance classes... probably because they are balancing pvp and pve at the same time... which is obviously frowned upon

I'd say less a L2P issue and more of a L2B issue. That's learn to balance if you couldn't figure that out... Bruh...
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, as you don't seem to get my "Nope", let me name you a few arguments against your proposed buff.

1. In PvP most sorcs run Hardened, Harness and Healing ward. Yes, everyone has access to 2 of 3 shields, but for a sorc they are simply better as they have usually a lot of points into bastion. You are saying if sorcs don't get a buff to shields, more will use multiple shields. That's where you are wrong, a good sorc already uses all three shields. This prediction of yours can't be in any way accurate therefore. Fighting against sorcs is already bad as a magcharacter, it would get even worse with your proposed change.
    2. You say you need a stronger shield because wrecking blow hits hard. Well, WB is the hardest hitting spammable (melee) skill. If this skill is not capable of going through a shield with 2 hits, what else? But you are only arguing with the strongest single target spam skill in the game, while you don't even think about any other skill that has a lower base damage.
    3. You mention dots being able to hit your shield but you don't mention the fact that shields are not critable and they also get the defensive bonus from the CP system. Shields still provide a massive defensive mechanic.
    4. Your shields are as spammable as every other skill in the game and the only hard counter is a cheesy set called shieldbreaker, which not even that many people have any use for.
    5. Why do you think you should be able to cast your shield and simply facetank the next few hits? With one cast? As the shield is spammable, it's already hard enough to burst a sorc down. No need to buff it even more at this point.
    6. In PvE, Hardened alone is around 22-25k shield. With this amount of shield, you can tank almost every vet dungeon. No idea why you would need any more shield? And if you are a dps in a group, you are doing something wrong if you have to rely on your shield instead of your healer.
    Edited by Wollust on February 22, 2016 11:34PM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad