The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

64 Bit Client Delayed

Malmai
Malmai
✭✭✭✭✭
So they gonna release 64 bit Client for Mac but PC users can wait till next DLC ? Fall 2016 ?

e26a49ec5e.jpg
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incremental patch tends to mean that it will be added to this update before it goes live - at a later stage of testing.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The 64-bit client for PC will be available in the next PTS incremental patch, not the next DLC.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Incremental PTS patch.
    C'mon people, we have enough flailing about going on around here. No need to freak people out by pulling stuff off pts with no context.

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L2Read
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 64-bit client for PC will be available in the next PTS incremental patch, not the next DLC.

Thank God or ?
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you Gina, hopefully this will help address the huge amount of crashes and FPS issues people are having on the PTS at the moment.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The obvious follow-up question is... when is the next incremental patch and will it be before the EU character swap?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The obvious follow-up question is... when is the next incremental patch and will it be before the EU character swap?

We tentatively have the next PTS patch scheduled for tomorrow (yes, already!) and won't be doing a character copy with it. EU character copies are looking like they'll be in the next week or two.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on February 8, 2016 4:33PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you provide us time?
    Edited by Cinbri on February 8, 2016 6:16PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We tentatively have the next PTS patch scheduled for tomorrow (yes, already!) and won't be doing a character copy with it. EU character copies are looking like they'll be in the next week or two.

That's awesome Gina !!!
    Next follow-up question... will I be able to carry on with the Thieves' Guild main quest ? I got stuck at the pillar puzzle and assumed that's where you announced it was bugged, so I gave up...

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

That's awesome Gina !!!
    Next follow-up question... will I be able to carry on with the Thieves' Guild main quest ? I got stuck at the pillar puzzle and assumed that's where you announced it was bugged, so I gave up...

Yep! That'll be fixed in the next patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learn to read patch notes before getting the flaming torches out please, people! :wink:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It must be Monday today...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Did that 64bit client version will use more then 2-3GB of RAM?
    Still waiting for Sithis.
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭

So... no patch today?..
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thavie wrote: »

So... no patch today?..

"The PTS is now offline for the 2.3.1 patch maintenance and is currently unavailable."

Gina posted that quoted comment yesterday, saying tomorrow, which means today.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »
    So they gonna release 64 bit Client for Mac but PC users can wait till next DLC ? Fall 2016 ?

e26a49ec5e.jpg

Drama much? Your reading skills need some work.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is going on with NPC no longer having facial animations with dialogues on the PC Client on PTS? This is driving me insane ! Am I missing an option or something?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    What is going on with NPC no longer having facial animations with dialogues on the PC Client on PTS? This is driving me insane ! Am I missing an option or something?

Might be in 2.3.1, but was a known problem with 2.3.0
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »

This is only some NPCs and mainly in Hew's Bane area, basically the final animations haven't been added yet but will be done before live.
    Some icons, voiceover, or localization text is missing, and will be added during the next few incremental patches.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So we will have the 64 bit client when Thieves Guild launches?
    :trollin:
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So we will have the 64 bit client when Thieves Guild launches?

That's the plan :)
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The current plan is to release the 64-bit client during the first incremental patch once Thieves Guild goes live (which will likely be a week or two after), rather than the day it goes live in order to minimize potential risks since this is a pretty big change.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be wise.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno which is it?
    The current plan is to release the 64-bit client during the first incremental patch once Thieves Guild goes live.
    I know it may be both so we can test it and then you release it later, but it is a little confusing. :sweat_smile:.
    Edited by Paulington on February 9, 2016 4:45PM
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you plan to drop it directly on live.
    Am I the only one who is getting goosebumps just thinking about it?
    Can you please, please upload it to PTS first, even if you release it after the TG update goes live?
    As you said it is going to be a pretty big change and I don't want to get stuck with a crashing client after the first incremental.
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The current plan is to release the 64-bit client during the first incremental patch once Thieves Guild goes live (which will likely be a week or two after), rather than the day it goes live in order to minimize potential risks since this is a pretty big change.

At the end can PC users test it on the PTS or not?
    Because I can!
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you plan to drop it directly on live.
    Am I the only one who is getting goosebumps just thinking about it?
    Can you please, please upload it to PTS first, even if you release it after the TG update goes live?
    As you said it is going to be a pretty big change and I don't want to get stuck with a crashing client after the first incremental.

No they didnt include it in the first version they put up on PTS, they will fix that tomorrow on PTS. Then you have to wait till 7th of march before it goes live...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Paulington wrote: »
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno which is it?
    The current plan is to release the 64-bit client during the first incremental patch once Thieves Guild goes live.
    I know it may be both so we can test it and then you release it later, but it is a little confusing. :sweat_smile:.

Sorry, let's try again:

The 64-bit client for PC will be available to test on the PTS with today's patch (2.3.1).

When we're ready to publish the update to the Live megaservers, the 64-bit client won't be available to use until the first incremental patch, which is likely to be a week or two after the update is published on 3/7.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post