The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Authorize (access code not received)

• AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem... different circumstances... why isn't there someone to talk to fix this. Would take 30 seconds
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok im going to give you guys an "easy fix"

1. Go to Outlook.com and create a new email account. Your going to use this account for your ESO account only.

2. After creating your Outlook Email address, login to your account on www.theelderscrollsonline.com and change the email address associated with your account to the outlook.com account you created.

After doing this, you won't have any more problems with verification codes.

Why this happens - in lamends terms

The reason this happens is because the email service ZOS uses to forward these emails(a 3rd party most likely) has ended up on a DNSBL or an RBL and the email server your using simply refuses to accept the messages. Each ISP or mail provider makes their own decisions on this, all the DNSBL such as Spamhaus or Sorbis do is a query is made, if it returns true(meaning the senders IP is in the database because its a spam sender) then the provider makes the decision to accept these message or to reject them. When rejected they are pretty much silent to the user, as the server just refuses to accept the message if its set up that way, and thats that.

You end up on a DNSBL by either being infected with a bot that sends spam mail, or the IP in question was spamming in the past and never contacted the DNSBL to tell them they cleaned up their systems and should be removed.

If i was maintaining the servers used to send those codes, i'd use this site below to query the IP addresses of the servers they use to send verification codes, and if they are on any of those lists, i would contact that list and get themselves removed from the RBL or DNSBL

http://www.dnsbl.info/
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭

1. Go to Outlook.com and create a new email account. Your going to use this account for your ESO account only.

2. After creating your Outlook Email address, login to your account on www.theelderscrollsonline.com and change the email address associated with your account to the outlook.com account you created.

The reason this happens is because the email service ZOS uses to forward these emails(a 3rd party most likely) has ended up on a DNSBL or an RBL and the email server your using simply refuses to accept the messages. Each ISP or mail provider makes their own decisions on this, all the DNSBL such as Spamhaus or Sorbis do is a query is made, if it returns true(meaning the senders IP is in the database because its a spam sender) then the provider makes the decision to accept these message or to reject them. When rejected they are pretty much silent to the user, as the server just refuses to accept the message if its set up that way, and thats that.

You end up on a DNSBL by either being infected with a bot that sends spam mail, or the IP in question was spamming in the past and never contacted the DNSBL to tell them they cleaned up their systems and should be removed.

If i was maintaining the servers used to send those codes, i'd use this site below to query the IP addresses of the servers they use to send verification codes, and if they are on any of those lists, i would contact that list and get themselves removed from the RBL or DNSBL

Thanks for the help, but I don't think that is going to work for most of us.

1. I am using the same email that u suggested to use. When I click the link it logs me in 8).
    2. For whatever reason you cannot change your email, without submitting a ticket, which we can't because we don't have the access code to submit it.
    3. You cannot receive a new code for what looks like 24 hours, and it is impossible to retrieve a deleted message that was never received due to the server rejecting it.
  • Lazaany
    Lazaany

Can you show me were i will find this option to change my email by myself

Because im pretty sure i need the help of the support team to change my email

So its not really that easy as you are making it sound

And i really appreciate you trying to help of course but the thing u are telling me to do
    is one of those things anybody tries to look for on ther own as one of the first solutions
    just like checking your spam inbox and those other answers the admins give you

And the same email that should be sending me the code is sending me other emails that are coming in right away

So i dont really see me being blocked by something at all or anything being wrong on my side
    Edited by Lazaany on February 8, 2016 10:04PM
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings all,

If you're still unable to receive your access code and you have an open ticket with support, our agents are working to respond as quickly as possible. If you have not been able to submit a ticket, please do so by trying the following:

Go to https://help.elderscrollsonline.com
    Choose the "I can't log in" option
    Choose the option for "Compromised" account since you're not receiving automated emails

When you do this, please be sure to create and use an alternate email address that is on a different domain (like if your regular email address is @outlook.com you can try a gmail address for example) for support to contact you. If you use your normal email address, you may not receive email from support. Thanks for your patience
    Edited by ZOS_MollyH on February 8, 2016 5:30PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Lunachick
    Lunachick
    Lazaany wrote: »
    Was afk to long got back and was disconnected

Tried to log back in and it asked for a code again

So yeah.....

This was my 10th comment i guess
    because i just got a email(Came in right away) saying

You earned the 10 Comments badge.

No longer a one-hit wonder! It looks like you’re going places. +5 points

But again the code is not coming in at all

At least you can access the forums, lol.
  • Lunachick
    Lunachick
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Greetings all,

If you're still unable to receive your access code and you have an open ticket with support, our agents are working to respond as quickly as possible. If you have not been able to submit a ticket, please do so by trying the following:

Choose the option for "Compromised" account since you're not receiving automated emails

When you do this, please be sure to create and use an alternate email address that is on a different domain (like if your regular email address is @outlook.com you can try a gmail address for example) for support to contact you. If you use your normal email address, you may not receive email from support. Thanks for your patience

Thanks. I will have him do this again with a different email account domain. Appreciate the response. :)
  • Lazaany
    Lazaany
    Lunachick wrote: »
    Was afk to long got back and was disconnected

Tried to log back in and it asked for a code again

So yeah.....

This was my 10th comment i guess
    because i just got a email(Came in right away) saying

You earned the 10 Comments badge.

No longer a one-hit wonder! It looks like you’re going places. +5 points

But again the code is not coming in at all

At least you can access the forums, lol.

Hahaha

Yeah im so happy that i can go on the forums But not the game i love it

The forum is so much nicer then the game itself loving every minute of it xD

/sarcasm off
    Edited by Lazaany on February 8, 2016 7:49PM
  • screet40ub17_ESO
    having any luck yet?
  • Lazaany
    Lazaany
    having any luck yet?

Im waiting for a reaction to my support ticket

Will be tomorrow i guess

Hope it gets fixed then
  • screet40ub17_ESO
    Yep no joy for me now that I am home from work.
  • Lazaany
    Lazaany

Yeah really bad support on this game

Time to make a phone option so i can get my code on there :)
  • Rivell
    Rivell
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue as NoheartDan except I placed a support ticket over 3 weeks and was hoping you could help me out. Sent another support ticket 12days ago and still haven't heard back. I can log into the game, forums but not the account center -- No verification is ever sent (It is not in my spam).

I even attempted to log on with my old laptop, reach out to the forum dev's and your Facebook... This is really poor service.

Please address as I would like to pay to download the DLC's 160202-001763

Can you show me were i will find this option to change my email by myself

Because im pretty sure i need the help of the support team to change my email

So its not really that easy as you are making it sound

And i really appreciate you trying to help of course but the thing u are telling me to do
    is one of those things anybody tries to look for on ther own as one of the first solutions
    just like checking your spam inbox and those other answers the admins give you

And the same email that should be sending me the code is sending me other emails that are coming in right away

So i dont really see me being blocked by something at all or anything being wrong on my side

I wish someone told me this three weeks ago when I sent out my first support ticket. YOU ARE AWESOME!

My emails were being block from my work email at Ideas and Pixels within their IMAP spam folder. Logged into the UControls and there it was. Sadly I really wish someone would have contacted me regarding this issue a month ago with my original support ticket!
  • screet40ub17_ESO
    well it sounds like someone had luck. However I use a hotmail account at home. I re-activated this account from my beta testing and also set my wife up a new account on the same. She got her access code ( she also has a hotmail account), and she has had no problems.
    Edited by screet40ub17_ESO on February 9, 2016 11:45AM
  • Lunachick
    Lunachick
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Greetings all,

Still no email. He used gmail and nothing from support.
  • Lunachick
    Lunachick

Yeah really bad support on this game

Time to make a phone option so i can get my code on there :)

Agreed. A texted code feature would be nice.
  • screet40ub17_ESO
    Im starting to regret this purchase. At least send a damn email that you are working on it instead of leaving everyone in the dark to wonder if you are or not. At least so we know we can get emails from you, even tho I have received other forms of email for my account. The part I cant figure out is that I was able to play Sunday morning, but then in the afternoon back to the access code bit.
  • screet40ub17_ESO
    Haha! and with that comment I just got an email for my 10th comment
  • Lunachick
    Lunachick
    Obviously, this issue is on their end.

Also forgot to put his gmail info in my last post:
    anomicmortal@gmail.com

User ID: Tresp4sser
    Account email: dont_spam_me@windstream.net

Just in case info is needed; he has not received any reply from support after putting in a ticket as "compromised" neither with the gmail or windstream account.
  • Harvidok
    Harvidok
    Soul Shriven
    well it sounds like someone had luck. However I use a hotmail account at home. I re-activated this account from my beta testing and also set my wife up a new account on the same. She got her access code ( she also has a hotmail account), and she has had no problems.

Same here.
    I bought ESO last Wednesday 3rd. I successfully redeem my code and everything was Ok. When I tried to log in the game on Thursday, it asked me for an Access Code. I wait for it untill yesterday (allmost 5 days), and nobody has emailed me anything yet. I tried to log in to the support page from my original account, and... Hey! I need another Access Code that never arrives! Yey!
    So I made another account to only log in to the Support page and finally ask for help.
    I need my acces code to log in to the game I paid for.
    My original account is:
    User: Harvidok
    Email: harvardh_027@hotmail.com

^ I'm writting here the same that I wrote in my ticket. At least I'm not the only one who has problems logging in.

P.D.: Excuse my english it is not my main language.
  • Harvidok
    Harvidok
    Soul Shriven
    Harvidok wrote: »

Same here.
    I bought ESO last Wednesday 3rd. I successfully redeem my code and everything was Ok. When I tried to log in the game on Thursday, it asked me for an Access Code. I wait for it untill yesterday (allmost 5 days), and nobody has emailed me anything yet. I tried to log in to the support page from my original account, and... Hey! I need another Access Code that never arrives! Yey!
    So I made another account to only log in to the Support page and finally ask for help.
    I need my acces code to log in to the game I paid for.
    My original account is:
    User: Harvidok
    Email: harvardh_027@hotmail.com

^ I'm writting here the same that I wrote in my ticket. At least I'm not the only one who has problems logging in.

P.D.: Excuse my english it is not my main language.

And because of this comment, I've just earned my First comment badge... I know it because of an email that has just arrived to my email... ._.
  • Lazaany
    Lazaany
    Still no answer. really? help me already i have this game for almost a week now

But only played for 2 hours or something because it did not ask for a code when i tried to login once

But when i got disconnected and tried to get back on it did ask for a code again

And since then i was not able to play anymore because of the code not coming in

But badges i earned while posting here to get my problem solved gave me emails right away

Username : goudedraak073

Email : angelo_hambaken@live.nl << is the one im not getting any codes on

Reference Number : 160208-001188

Let me please change my email so i can start playing

Thats all i want nothing more comon already

Edited by Lazaany on February 9, 2016 5:40PM
  • screet40ub17_ESO
    Yay! they changed my email and I finally received my access code. Kudos
  • Lazaany
    Lazaany
    Yay! they changed my email and I finally received my access code. Kudos

I also got a respond today but it was close to 6
    So i think they went home or something because i responded and got nothing back
    So iam hoping to get my email changed tomorrow

Finally...

But nice to hear u can play now enjoy man !
    Edited by Lazaany on February 10, 2016 12:23AM
  • Lunachick
    Lunachick
    My husband also got a response last night. He also is still waiting to hear back about getting his email changed.

Almost there, Laz!
  • Lazaany
    Lazaany
    My husband also got a response last night. He also is still waiting to hear back about getting his email changed.

Almost there, Laz!

I hope the new email i created for this is gone work right away
    Because i will give up if it does not work xd
  • Lunachick
    Lunachick

Almost there, Laz!

I hope the new email i created for this is gone work right away
    Because i will give up if it does not work xd

Agreed.
  • Harvidok
    Harvidok
    Soul Shriven
    They changed my email!!! Woooow!!! And I received my access code :smiley: I used my Gmail account btw!
  • Lazaany
    Lazaany
    Harvidok wrote: »
    They changed my email!!! Woooow!!! And I received my access code :smiley: I used my Gmail account btw!

really nice man enjoy i hope they will help me today also
  • Lazaany
    Lazaany
    Got this response yesterday so i was really happy and taught i could finally play today
    Response Clarice via Email 02/09/2016 05:18 PM
    Greetings,

This is Clarice from The Elder Scrolls Online Team returning your contact. Thank you for your patience while we follow-up in concern for your email authorization issue.

I realize this is your second email, however we wanted to contact any accounts potentially related to this issue:

In concern for your access code, if you are interested in choosing an alternate email we can help you to complete this process. Not all services allow for automated mail and may mark it as spam. Since you are having difficulty with live we would recommend trying a different provider other than MSN for your alternate email.

Email changes are still crucial to your login (and therefore sensitive to your security), so we will require some verification information before making this change:

Your Game Registration Key
    The key used to register your purchased game

The Answer to your Secret Question
    If you can't remember your secret question, you can have it displayed by visiting https://account.elderscrollsonline.comand clicking "Forgot password?".
    You will then be prompted to enter your full name and e-mail address. After that, you will be able to see your secret question.

Your Choice of Email
    You may want to avoid any emails with an .edu or businesses emails which are known to often have firewalls against spam for school and business protection. These don't always cause trouble but can. The easiest emails are free services like gmail and yahoo.

You can reply directly to this email with this information provided.

At your service
    Bethesda Customer Support Team
    Clarice

So i responded to the answer with the needed information to change the email

But today another person of the support team responded saying
    Response Derek via Email 02/10/2016 04:38 PM
    Greetings Adventurer!

I understand you have encountered an issue where you are not receiving your requested access code in your e-mail. We believe this to be now resolved so if able, please try logging in again to have a fresh access code sent to you.
    If you are still experiencing issues please feel free to respond back to this e-mail so that I may continue to assist.
    Kind Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

For more information, check out our official forums:http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/

I tried and of course nothing came in
    So no conformation about my email being changed or anything

So i guess they did not even change my email or look in to that any further and just posted
    A random message to make it look they did something while they clearly did not

Also tried to do it on my nephews account and ther i got the exact same answer saying
    Response Derek via Email 02/10/2016 05:22 PM
    Greetings Adventurer!

I understand you have encountered an issue where you are not receiving your requested access code in your e-mail. We believe this to be now resolved so if able, please try logging in again to have a fresh access code sent to you.
    If you are still experiencing issues please feel free to respond back to this e-mail so that I may continue to assist.
    Kind Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

For more information, check out our official forums:http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/

Both tickets are about the same email
    So now im pretty sure they did not do anything and that they are just answering tickets to at least answer the ticket So it looks like they are doing something over there while they are clearly not doing ther job as they are supposed to do

I hope Clarice will answer again tomorrow
    Or somebody else that will change my email
    Because derek did not really do anything as far as i know

Well this is really frustrating
    But i pray it gets changed tomorrow

But with my experience so far with the support im guessing it wont be changed
    Edited by Lazaany on February 10, 2016 11:13PM