The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Worth it be a vampire?

ikza
ikza
✭✭✭
Hello guys.

Somehow i have a vampirism buff in my sorc, is worth it be a vampire?

Sorry if repost i cant find recent tread about it.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely

Vampires have the most powerful/useful Ultimate in the game: Swarm

And Sorcs have a passive to reduce Ultimate Cost

== Profit :D

Try it out and see if you like it. If you don't, you can still cure yourself (just don't forget to respec and get your skills points back first before curing yourself)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    I am fine being a vampire, though I did not choose it from standard reasons, but so far had no problems. Oh and Bat swarm especially after morph can really be useful.
    I am well aware that there is no need to feed that often. I just want to. Amy.
    Otherwise I play on PC platform on EU.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you pvp it will be a pain in the ass seeing camo hunter in every death recap. I still keep it because I can't let nightblades be the only invisible ones!! Lol. Nah it all depends on your play style. I enjoy using inevitable detonation a lot so the invisibility in bars keeps me from being disrupted by players near me. And the sneak speed is something I can't live without! Air of times, if you like to run dungeons, people will give you crap for being a vampire FYI. Because fire and stuff
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a vamp, expect this to happen a lot in pvp lol

https://youtu.be/5nRkl5HsP_s
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

Well Vamps do need a weakness

You know, "balance" and stuffz...
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    Luckily my focus lies elsewhere so I don't have to deal with that.
    I am well aware that there is no need to feed that often. I just want to. Amy.
    Otherwise I play on PC platform on EU.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what you're doing. If you like sucking blood out of NPCs while listening to their screams, then it's definitely good option.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

Well Vamps do need a weakness

You know, "balance" and stuffz...

Yeah I agree. I'm just showing him the consequences lol. Apparently he has no interest in pvp though so he should be good
    Edited by DannyLV702 on January 16, 2016 12:01AM
  • ikza
    ikza
    ✭✭✭
    im just PVE so i think is worth it, i believed vempirism was permanent, so i can try if not like it just get rid of it.

thank you all.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ikza wrote: »
    im just PVE so i think is worth it, i believed vempirism was permanent, so i can try if not like it just get rid of it.

thank you all.

Just remember to use a respec to get the skill points out of the vampirism line, before you cure yourself. (I think you can get them out after the fact as well, but no reason to test it.)

Also, if you change your mind later and want to be a vampire again, you'll keep your skill line progression.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires suck v___v

haha see what I did there
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    If you like doing daily dungeon pledge where most of these bosses dose fire damage then probably not.
  • attackjet
    attackjet
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should add an ability to be a zombie and add a skill pine for it, possibly even a dwarven one too where you turn all metal and stuff. Maybe even a goblin one that would be the icing on the cake.
  • CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is vampirism worth it?

Well all the magic based toons who spend 12 hours a day in Cyrodiil are all vampires. Statistically it must be worth it.

Ive been a proud human since I made my character in July. He's magic based but since he's a DK it felt wrong to make him weak to fire. And I don't like the way it makes your skin look.
    My opinion is its worth it if you want to, but you can get by without it.
  • a1x23
    a1x23
    ✭✭✭
    On a sorc vampire is pretty sweet. If you are using hardened ward you dont have to worry about extra fire dmg. The biggest downside is having to slot an ability on both bars to get the regen passive
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    It definitely has its benefits, but it definitely has its drawbacks.