The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

XINPUT1_3.dll is missing

FadedJeans
FadedJeans
✭✭✭
I installed the PTS for the first time on my Windows 10 machine. The normal game still plays but the PTS won't start, citing that "XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer".

Am I missing some old direct X stuff or something because it is Windows 10?
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, my patch just finished installing and I am having this same issue. I am wondering if someone has run into this and has managed to fix?
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys, we'll take a look at this now!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missing it here too
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    to delete
    Edited by Ayantir on October 7, 2015 9:50AM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Can you guys confirm that DirectX is completely up to date? Also, did everyone do a fresh install of the PTS, or did some of you update an existing client?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated my Directx and it worked
    Can you guys confirm that DirectX is completely up to date? Also, did everyone do a fresh install of the PTS, or did some of you update an existing client?

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fresh pts install,direct is up to date
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, yes my DirectX was out of date. Updated and I can now log to the PTS.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess ESO is set to look for it whether you have an XB1 controller or not, but folks who haven't hooked an XB1 controller up to their PC and let it install drivers may not have the required files.

Edit: regardless, ESO should not require this file for everyone as everyone would not use it.

Edit2: Forget all of this if it is not the file required for controller support. (just assumed due to patch notes)

Edit 3 A 360 controller is compatible in addition to the XB1
    Edited by Casdha on October 7, 2015 2:55PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, the disclaimer.

As a PC Tech, and with WIn 10 so new, I have not installed it. I generally wait until MicroHard comes out with their bug fixes with the first service pack before recommending any upgrades.

That said.. check these links.Lots of people with problems with the "XINPUT1_3.dll". Its probably a problem with Win 10 and DirectX, not ESO.

Also, i dont endorse any of these sites or solutions, so make sure your antivirus and anti-malware is up-to-date.

http://blog.fix4dll.com/fix-for-xinput1_3-dll-is-missing-in-windows-10/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/208090/discussions/2/558747211908481837/

http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/151660-xinput1_3-dll-errors-fix.html

I am also wondering if its calling for an OLDER version of Directx, since some of the solutions on that file being corrupt go back to 2012.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated my Directx and it worked

Which reminds me. A client had a problem with opening Adobe Acrobat files.Turns out, he had to reinstall the program to replace the pointers. Did you guys go out and re-install DirectX, like this guy?
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
    I was speculating it was old direct x in the original post, but that was a SWAG based on a single Google search.

No, I have not reinstalled any of my applications. This is a relatively new box. I am running Windows 10 Enterprise. It has been pretty painless and trouble free for about 2 months. ESO has been running great in Win10E on 750Ti. I don't have a fraction of the problems I hear about, FPS, lag, etc.

I also do not trust third party library downloads. I'm hoping ZoS either tells me what version of old what I need to install, or includes the files in their package, so I guess I'll be standing by until I/we receive direction from them.

This is why we PTS, eh? :)

All of your input / feedback / shared experience is welcome and gratefully accepted.

Edit: I'll go and update my DirectX as suggested and let you know if it worked. I did a brand new install of the PTS, never have installed it before.
    Edited by FadedJeans on October 6, 2015 6:26PM
  • crazmadsci
    crazmadsci
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually having the exact same issue. I have updated my computer. Updated a previous version of the PTS and am working to see if i'm completely up to date on Direct X.

Any advice would be appreciative.
    twitch streamer crazmadsci, Guildmaster Ethereal Army, Guide Writer: Travelers Guide to Tamriel.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love Microhard. They replaced their own link for DirectX 9.0c with an install page for "BEFORE" you install Win 10. SIgh..

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows.aspx

First link goes to:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Try this, just, uncheck the extras out of your install.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812

Oh.. here we go:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429
    Edited by Darlgon on October 6, 2015 6:37PM
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
  • oshaugm
    oshaugm
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting this error, too... and I'm NOT on Windows 10. I am running Windows 7! Attached please see the error screen and my computer details. Please help... I want to go see the bears! :'(

Edit: I just ran a diagnostic on my DirectX and it appears to be working correctly(?) DXdiag attached.
    Edited by oshaugm on October 6, 2015 10:29PM
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, When I run dxdiag I see:

Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150916-2039)
    DirectX Version: 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.10240.16384 64bit Unicode

I'm not sure that I can install the older stuff with MicroSoft's blessing.

I can play the regular game just fine, though, just not PTS.
  • oshaugm
    oshaugm
    ✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    http xinput13dll dot com

OH MY GOD don't click on this link! It installed a bunch of crap on my computer....

Edit: Made not clickable
    Edited by oshaugm on October 6, 2015 11:32PM
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i had the same problem too but managed to work around it.
    i "fixed" it after manually installing the xbox360 controller driver for windows 7 even though i'm running windows 10 64-bit.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to pop in an old game that had DX on the CD. I then copied the XINPUT1_3.DLL file over from it to my DX file and it works fine. Still very odd.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »
    i had the same problem too but managed to work around it.
    i "fixed" it after manually installing the xbox360 controller driver for windows 7 even though i'm running windows 10 64-bit.

This worked for me as well. I downloaded the XBox 360 drivers from Microsoft for Windows 7, 64 bit, and installed them without a hitch. PTS now runs.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    FadedJeans wrote: »
    This worked for me as well. I downloaded the XBox 360 drivers from Microsoft for Windows 7, 64 bit, and installed them without a hitch. PTS now runs.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

THANK YOU, this worked for me as well. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit and DirectX Version 12. Before doing this, I did delete PTS and downloaded and installed a fresh version as per a previous suggestion, but that did not fix the issue. I don't have an XBox 360 controller, just a boring old keyboard and mouse.

Also, after installing this software, Windows 10 suggested that I additionally install Windows .NET Framework 3.5. I didn't want to do that so I tried running the game without it and it worked. But maybe if you want to use an XBox 360 controller now or in the future, you might need to install that older framework as well? Anyway, I'm happily in Wrothgar now. :)
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I installed the xbox 360 wireless driver just 2 days before pts opened (for unrelated reasons) and that avoided the problems for me.

I just used the 64 bit win7 driver and everything worked perfectly. I still use win 8.1.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears a simple solution for ZOS would be to only check for this driver when attempting to enable controller function. To keep folks from doing crazy things trying to install drivers (dlls from bad places) and not cause a crash to desktop, have the game make a check when you try to enable controller support and if the dll isn't present you get a message that says "you must have a compatible controller connected to enable this function"
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• violetarc
    violetarc
    I'm also having the same issue.
    I'm on a brand new PC running Windows 8.
    Regular ESO runs great.
    This is a new install of the PTS.

ESO Fishing addict? Me too.
    101 Guide & Journal
    http://fishingintamriel.com
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having this issue as well and I don't know enough about computers to go messing around with it lol. Hope you guys fix this before release :#
    NA/PC
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most software programs will search a computer and download necessary components if required when installed... but because of how ESO updates via their patcher, it probably isn't possible to do. Which means that when this goes Live, they will have a LOT of players getting this same error upon upgrading to the new DLC/Patch and won't be able to play UNTIL they upgrade their DirectX and/or install the XBOX 360 driver. Thus it may behoove ZOS to post a sticky thread at the top of the forums prior to DLC/Patch launch and include the links to both the DirectX driver AND XBOX 360 driver.

Now granted, MOST PC players who are using controllers on their PC probably already have downloaded the XBOX 360 driver and installed the newest DirectX, but as seen from these comments, there are plenty who have not.
    Edited by ADarklore on October 7, 2015 11:29PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • RedRabbit999
    RedRabbit999
    ✭✭
    Just confirming that the xbox controller patch works fine for a windows 7 pc. :smiley: This is after I tried to both repair and reinstall the pts server. :'( And now I can play with my xbox controller! :) Though I probably will not. :neutral:
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, ty for this :smile:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Nax
    Nax
    ✭✭✭
    Had the same issues here, both with the missing .dll and with the "unable to install" error which I was given when I tried this link:

However, when I visited http://www.directxupdate.com/ and used the download mirror, that did the trick-- updated DirectX and can now play on the PTS!