The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Weapon Enchantment Proc?

ADarklore
ADarklore
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Do weapon enchantments proc with weapon abilities or just with light/heavy weapon attacks? Let's take the "Absorb Health" enchantment- does it return health upon weapon ability hits- such as attacking with Steel Tornado?

Thanks.
CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does proc with light/ havey attacks and weapon skills that do damage. But it has a cool down, so the heal from it while spamming steel tornado isn't that great.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does proc with light/ havey attacks and weapon skills that do damage. But it has a cool down, so the heal from it while spamming steel tornado isn't that great.

Thankfully I also use Critical Surge and have my Imperial's Red Diamond- but I figured any additional health supplement was a good thing. :)

Next question... with Dual Wield, how do ability attacks such as Steel Tornado work with two daggers and two different types of enchantments? Does each dagger have a chance to proc its enchantment or do weapon enchantments only proc off the primary hand's weapon? I ask because I can't help but notice the charge of my primary hand dagger goes down while my off-hand dagger's charge stays pretty much full.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI: it will even proc with debuffs like Elemental Drain that do no damage.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any Light/Heavy attack or Weapon Line ability will set off the Enchantment (Exception is Glyph of Rage, which only triggers off Light/Heavy attacks). Weapon enchantments do not stack, and have a cooldown. Two same enchants on both weapons will share the same cooldown.

Cooldown:
    4 Seconds: Damage (Fire, Frost, Shock, Poison, Disease, Prismatic, Unresistable) Enchants, Absorb Enchants
    5 Seconds: Crusher, Hardening, Rage

For example, if I had a Bow with a Poison damage enchantment, and I fire Scattershot at a target, the Poison Damage enchant will proc, then the Scattershot hits, dealing it's damage. If I were to immediately follow that with another Scattershot, the Poison Damage from the enchant will not proc, as the 4 seconds cooldown has not elapsed.

In another example, I have a a pair of Maces. On my main hand, I have a Mace with a Prismatic Damage enchant. On my off hand, I have a mace with a Rage enchantment. This means that my main hand has a cooldown of 4 seconds, and my off-hand has a cooldown of 5 seconds. If I were to use the same enchant on both weapons, they would share a cooldown, effectively wasting an enchant slot. This rule applies to Weapon Swap as well. Therefore, diversifying your enchant selection is important.

Dual Wield attacks in this pattern for Light attacks:

Main Hand -> Off-Hand -> Main Hand -> Repeat

This means that my Main Hand will be hitting targets twice as often as my Off Hand. In addition, a Dual Wield heavy attack has both attacks hit at the same time, so both enchantments will activate. For Dual Wield weapon abilities, only the Main Hand weapon enchant is used. As weapon abilities cannot proc the Glyph of Rage, placing it on the Main Hand is essentially a wasted enchantment.

The exception to this "Dual Wield abilities only use Main Hand enchant" rule is broken by Twin Slashes, which procs the Main Hand enchant on the first hit, and the Off-Hand enchant on the second hit. Glyph of Rage still cannot proc off the second hit.

All elemental enchantments have a 20% chance to proc a status effect. In addition, if a status effect activates vs a target that is weak to the status effect (Eg. Vampires and Fire), the target will be stunned after a 3 second delay and take a burst of elemental damage.

Status Effects:
    • Fire - Burning, High Dot
    • Frost - Chilled, 40% Snare
    • Shock - Concussion, Minor Maim, Targets hit by a heavy attack while Concussed are set Off Balance
    • Poison - Poisoned, Medium DoT, Stamina Regen reduced by 10% (Not shown on char sheet)
    • Disease - Befouled, Low DoT, Minor Defile
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    Will weapon enchants proc off using defensive stance with a sword and shield equipped? If so which ones? Maybe gain a point damage for 5 sec?
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    DeanTheCat wrote: »
    Any Light/Heavy attack or Weapon Line ability will set off the Enchantment (Exception is Glyph of Rage, which only triggers off Light/Heavy attacks). Weapon enchantments do not stack, and have a cooldown. Two same enchants on both weapons will share the same cooldown.

Cooldown:
    4 Seconds: Damage (Fire, Frost, Shock, Poison, Disease, Prismatic, Unresistable) Enchants, Absorb Enchants

For example, if I had a Bow with a Poison damage enchantment, and I fire Scattershot at a target, the Poison Damage enchant will proc, then the Scattershot hits, dealing it's damage. If I were to immediately follow that with another Scattershot, the Poison Damage from the enchant will not proc, as the 4 seconds cooldown has not elapsed.

In another example, I have a a pair of Maces. On my main hand, I have a Mace with a Prismatic Damage enchant. On my off hand, I have a mace with a Rage enchantment. This means that my main hand has a cooldown of 4 seconds, and my off-hand has a cooldown of 5 seconds. If I were to use the same enchant on both weapons, they would share a cooldown, effectively wasting an enchant slot. This rule applies to Weapon Swap as well. Therefore, diversifying your enchant selection is important.

This means that my Main Hand will be hitting targets twice as often as my Off Hand. In addition, a Dual Wield heavy attack has both attacks hit at the same time, so both enchantments will activate. For Dual Wield weapon abilities, only the Main Hand weapon enchant is used. As weapon abilities cannot proc the Glyph of Rage, placing it on the Main Hand is essentially a wasted enchantment.

The exception to this "Dual Wield abilities only use Main Hand enchant" rule is broken by Twin Slashes, which procs the Main Hand enchant on the first hit, and the Off-Hand enchant on the second hit. Glyph of Rage still cannot proc off the second hit.

All elemental enchantments have a 20% chance to proc a status effect. In addition, if a status effect activates vs a target that is weak to the status effect (Eg. Vampires and Fire), the target will be stunned after a 3 second delay and take a burst of elemental damage.

Status Effects:
    • Shock - Concussion, Minor Maim, Targets hit by a heavy attack while Concussed are set Off Balance
    • Poison - Poisoned, Medium DoT, Stamina Regen reduced by 10% (Not shown on char sheet)

so you think youd be better off with weapon damage on the main hand and poison/fire/frost or something on the off hand?
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cooldown:

Status Effects:

Really good information here, but feel i have to correct two things;

DW heavy attack will not ever proc both enchants. It will only proc one.

Also, twin slashes will consistenly proc the opposite of other skills. Not sure what you mean by "first hit" on this?

As a Torugs Pact + Infused player, i can agree with all the rest :)
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

Cooldown:

Status Effects:

Also, twin slashes will consistenly proc the opposite of other skills. Not sure what you mean by "first hit" on this?

@raasdal

I wrote this a year ago (September 2015). There have been quite a number of changes since then. :p

My reply apparently has been necroed from the depths of the forum.
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

My guides:
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cooldown:

Status Effects:

so you think youd be better off with weapon damage on the main hand and poison/fire/frost or something on the off hand?

@undefeatdgaul

Reverse the weapons. Weapon Damage in off-hand and anything else in main hand.
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat

My guides:
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

Cooldown:

Status Effects:

@raasdal

I wrote this a year ago (September 2015). There have been quite a number of changes since then. :p

My reply apparently has been necroed from the depths of the forum.

Ah, did not notice the necroing. Carry on :)
    PC - EU
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭

Cooldown:

Status Effects:

Gonna cast re-animation on this post.
    Morrowind brought more changes to glyphs, such as shared cooldown. Does this shared cooldown only apply to front bar/back bar enchants? Or if I'm dualwielding do both enchants now share a cooldown as well? Trying to better understand how this works
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys avoid the necro's new people might think that some of this stuff still applies (especially the cooldowns, which have changed pretty drastically since then)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @IzakiBrotherSs do you have a modern source that answers my question? Thx
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @IzakiBrotherSs do you have a modern source that answers my question? Thx

Damage enchants (Poison, Fire, etc.): 5 sec cooldown. Procs off Light/Heavy Attacks and Weapon Abilities.
    Effect enchants(Berserker, Crusher, etc.): 10 sec cooldown. Procs off Light/Heavy Attacks.

As long as enchants are different on your DW weapons they will not share a cooldown.

Can you quote the part in the patch notes where changes to enchant mechanics was mentioned please? I'm pretty sure that if you have the same enchant on the back and front bar, they will indeed share a cooldown.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop necroing this post. Information is outdated. If you want to ask a question, please make a new thread and link this one, if it is relevant.

PC - EU
  • TomStaf11
    TomStaf11
    I'm curious, if I have berserker on my main hand 2H and my backup Bow, is that a wasted slot? Or is it best to have berserker on both? I usually hit with 2H but sometimes use bow light attacks from distance for leeching strikes. Thanks
    Ingame GT: TS 11 11 94
    Xbox One EU