The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we hope for lag to be gone on August 31?

Jules
Jules
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Imperial City. We have a date. We have some new interesting content / concepts with these Tel Var stones. So that's a good thing, we're moving forward.

However, my concern is that if Tel Var stones are they ONLY way to acquire "powerful alliance gear" --many, many, many players will be in sewers for our chances to acquire these stones. This idea is interesting but I'm worried that this will be incredibly lag inducing.

Are there limits to the population that the sewers can hold? Are there changes to improve this lag in Cyro? Are we destined to finally get this amazing content, and have to lag through the entire experience?
JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
Viva La Aristocracy
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since I know you aren't into protein and that kind of stuff. Have a Snickers bar.
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing. To what I understand, and correct me if I am wrong, but a single alliance must control all Imperial keeps to gain access to the IC. What I imagine happening is once all keeps have been controlled everyone from that faction will flock to the entrance location and it will be a lag fest. Players on the opposing factions would have a ganker's paradise until the lag monster comes.
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigTone wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing. To what I understand, and correct me if I am wrong, but a single alliance must control all Imperial keeps to gain access to the IC. What I imagine happening is once all keeps have been controlled everyone from that faction will flock to the entrance location and it will be a lag fest. Players on the opposing factions would have a ganker's paradise until the lag monster comes.

That's not correct. They don't have a set way yet, but the proposed method is you must own all 6 of your home keeps to gain access. That being said, they will test different methods on the PTS, such as 24/7 access regardless of keep status, majority of keeps owned, and a few other options.

@Jules They said that Imperial City zones will share population cap with Cyrodil, except for the new PvE dungeons. They didn't say anything about instances within the sewers, so it looks like everyone will be in the same instance/zone.

We will likely need more campaigns now that PvE people will be jumping into Cyro for the new content.

What that means for lag...who knows. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
    Edited by Takllin on July 15, 2015 4:34PM
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's why it is important that the DC have a fully functioning army ready to go when Imperial City drops.

I can bet you next month's protein bill that the EP and AD guilds are already huddled up discussing their builds and imperial city. As soon as the green light flashes and the race being we must put our feet right on their throats as they stare up at us from the floor. And if they want to be cute and mouth off, the last thing they will see is my hand (which connects to my forearm, which in turn connects to my BICEP) coming down at them.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on July 15, 2015 4:33PM
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭

That's why it is important that the DC have a fully functioning army ready to go when Imperial City drops.

I can bet you next month's protein bill that the EP and AD guilds are already huddled up discussing their builds and imperial city. As soon as the green light flashes and the race being we must put our feet right on their throats as they stare up at us from the floor. And if they want to be cute and mouth off, the last thing they will see is my hand (which connects to my forearm, which in turn connects to my BICEP) coming down at them.

Honestly I don't think I have that kind of cash.

The first few days of IC dropping will be very fun.

Takllin wrote: »

That's not correct. They don't have a set way yet, but the proposed method is you must own all 6 of your home keeps to gain access. That being said, they will test different methods on the PTS, such as 24/7 access regardless of keep status, majority of keeps owned, and a few other options.

@Jules They said that Imperial City zones will share population cap with Cyrodil, except for the new PvE dungeons. They didn't say anything about instances within the sewers, so it looks like everyone will be in the same instance/zone.

We will likely need more campaigns now that PvE people will be jumping into Cyro for the new content.

What that means for lag...who knows. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Thanks for the info
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly expect imperial city to have the same amount of lag has a heavy siege, perhaps more so with more npcs running around
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules!

From what I understand, the pop cap will be shared between Cyrodiil and the IC. In theory, this *should* spread us out more. Though, there might be many of those players in the Sewers if ZoS does not make plain old PvPing rewarding enough so hopefully they have considered a potential Tel Var grind.

And @Chalman last night, it was only because I didn't want to get Rekt by your OP awe-inspiring beauty of a DK :smiley:
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Population cap of a Campaign will be shared between the City, Sewers, Cyrodiil and Cyrodiil's caves. Access to IC is still under discussion but will be getting tested on PTS, starting with everyone getting access.

From an architecture standpoint, Cyrodiil, Imperial City, Sewers and the Caves are all seperate zones entirely. What goes on in one zone doesn't effect what occurs in another zone from a combat performance standpoint.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Population cap of a Campaign will be shared between the City, Sewers, Cyrodiil and Cyrodiil's caves. Access to IC is still under discussion but will be getting tested on PTS, starting with everyone getting access.

From an architecture standpoint, Cyrodiil, Imperial City, Sewers and the Caves are all seperate zones entirely. What goes on in one zone doesn't effect what occurs in another zone from a combat performance standpoint.

At least it is good to know the lag from one won't spill into another.

• Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently (this week) received a "cannot travel to campaign, destination full" message trying to exit a delve.

RE: how can the pop caps be shared if i can be in one but not access another. This is a bad bermuda triangle.
    Edited by Valnas on July 15, 2015 5:28PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Valnas wrote: »
    I recently (this week) received a "cannot travel to campaign, destination full" message trying to exit a delve.

That annoying issue is fixed for the Imperial City update.

Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So Cyrodiil will be empty?
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Probably for a while honestly. I think they need to add a way to get Tel Var Stones into Cyrodil or else it will become a bit of a wasteland. Until people get the gear and what not out of IC and then go back to PvPing.

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info
  • Erlex
    Erlex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are there enough resources devoted to each to sustain a battle of 50v50 spamming AoEs? Cause if not, the whole Cyrodiil wont lag, youll just get crashed out every time a group enters your area and starts fighting. Separate is only good if equal.
    World First Hel Ra / AA clear
    Officer of Entropy Rising
    Defender of the Chalamo
    Beta tester since March 2013
    I stream everything twitch.tv/erlexx
  • Erlex
    Erlex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    Soulac wrote: »

Probably for a while honestly. I think they need to add a way to get Tel Var Stones into Cyrodil or else it will become a bit of a wasteland. Until people get the gear and what not out of IC and then go back to PvPing.

I believe the idea is that you wont be able to get inside unless you Cyrodiil it up enough for access. And even then someone can come by and remove access if you dont defend it.
    World First Hel Ra / AA clear
    Officer of Entropy Rising
    Defender of the Chalamo
    Beta tester since March 2013
    I stream everything twitch.tv/erlexx
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So the Imperial City will have it's own 450+ ping separate from the massive ping increases we now see daily on some the NA campaigns and sometimes in the PvE areas. Really looking forward to it.

By the way in looking over the list of items that the August 31st release will contain I saw improvements in game play and combat. Do those two in any remote way indicate that there might be some improvement in the lag in Cyrodiil? :|
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to know Brian, i think this issue was much more prevalent during thornblade/poplock times but people weren't in caves as much to observe till CP's
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • rendolpheb16_ESO
    rendolpheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Please make the entrance in a way the ganker can feast day and night.
    For Templar PvP video check my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/RendolpheGamer
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brian must play on one of those rollerblade builds if and when he pvps given the way he dodged the main question of whether this almost year-long lag absurdity would be fixed or even improved upon.

Does the 33% increased dodge roll cost apply to the forums as well? If so Brian, you'll have to respec since you won't have enough stamina to dodge the dozens of threads that complain about the same things :) (though I am happy to see you actually posting again, it's a nice change of pace).
    Edited by Zheg on July 15, 2015 6:16PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please make the entrance in a way the ganker can feast day and night.

right, because the one thing cyrodiil needs is more people being one shot due to imbalances

rip decibel
  • TheFelidzeb
    TheFelidzeb
    ✭✭
    Honestly I don't think I have that kind of cash.

OK second legitimate LOL at work today.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erlex wrote: »

Are there enough resources devoted to each to sustain a battle of 50v50 spamming AoEs? Cause if not, the whole Cyrodiil wont lag, youll just get crashed out every time a group enters your area and starts fighting. Separate is only good if equal.

Ahem...
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Brian must play on one of those rollerblade builds if and when he pvps given the way he dodged the main question of whether this almost year-long lag absurdity would be fixed or even improved upon.

Does the 33% increased dodge roll cost apply to the forums as well? If so Brian, you'll have to respec since you won't have to stamina to dodge the dozens of threads that complain about the same things :) (though I am happy to see you actually posting again, it's a nice change of pace).

Well someone decided to jump up and take the "***hole of the Thread" award. And blatantly throwing mud in a developer's face might I add.

You want to pick a fight tough guy? The quality of your protein vs mine.

Has it been tested yet? Does he have a crystal ball that shows the future? You're asking him to come here and give a definitive answer right now that the lag will be gone?
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on July 15, 2015 6:24PM
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does the 33% increased dodge roll cost apply to the forums as well? If so Brian, you'll have to respec since you won't have to stamina to dodge the dozens of threads that complain about the same things :) (though I am happy to see you actually posting again, it's a nice change of pace).

Well someone decided to jump up and take the "***hole of the Thread" award. And blatantly throwing mud in a developer's face might I add.

Get him Scipio, sic 'em
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Has it been tested yet? Does he have a crystal ball that shows the future? You're asking him to come here and give a definitive answer right now that the lag will be gone?

It sounds like their solution so far is still "spread out guys". That doesn't sound like a lag fix to me.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    There are improvements being made to the LOS checks and AE abilities in general that should help with the performance issues we pointed out in the ESO PVP 2015 update thread. Also just watched 120 bots fighting each other in Imperial City in 1 district (with 3 other districts loaded with 120 bots too) and any abilities shot off just fine.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on July 15, 2015 6:35PM
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are improvements being made to the LOS checks and AE abilities in general that should help with the performance issues we pointed out in the ESO PVP 2015 update thread. Also just watched 120 bots fighting each other in Imperial City in 1 district (with 3 other districts loaded with 120 bots too) and any abilities shot off just fine.

I feel bad you had to repeat that for the 445th time to everyone. But appreciated nonetheless. Flex freely man!
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is the most encouraging thing I've heard in ages. You have an amazing pvp game on your hands, if not for the lag.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great news! That means botters won't have lag.
    Wololo.