Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Oh ZoS - You have let us down!

• Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that would be a proper advertising totally in line with immersion.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Really Guys? I mean Really? If your Marketing Director is telling you this is ok, then you need another new one. This is just unacceptable. I would like this addressed in the next ESO Live please as to how you can justify this flagrant abuse and advertising. It makes you all so cheap :(

7oClLux.jpg

I should also add, we got this on the EU Server. In 3 different Languages.

There is no "European Buy a Pet" day today.

I can only now assume that this is a very last ditch for a quick money grab from the PC User base. Unless of course someone can say otherwise.

I strongly suggest you have a word with them and see if they understand the concept of Invasive Marketing. And while your at it, maybe research how to do selective marketing as well. There is absolutely no reason, with the data you have on your systems, this script could not run and post the relevant language to each user ONCE!

Ok, based on some peoples thoughts and comments, I thought I'd put the link to each post in this thread here, to make it easier for them to see :)

Keep the better ideas coming people and who knows, maybe, just maybe, they might take it on board?

This is disgusting to see, the game is fading...
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. We want to make sure everyone is aware that the Senche-Leopard is available - and only for a short time - so nobody misses out on the opportunity. We only plan on messaging this once per day, and want to hit each language (EN, DE, and FR) as these are multilingual megaservers.

At least we have @ZOS_GinaBruno to tell us whats up :)
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, could we do this smarter?

60677723.jpg

Constructive Criticism: If it's not relevant to the server, don't use a server message.

The only things worth doing are consequently worth doing right. If I get my oil changed in my car, by professionals, I expect a nice little acid free, clear sticker, for my next oil change to be put in the upper left corner of my windshield, likely with a company logo on it and maybe even a phone number to schedule an appointment. If they use masking tape and a sharpie what does that say about them as professionals? How would you respond if they said "Now, could we do this smarter?", and then proceeded to suggest they lack the ability to do otherwise?

No need to answer. I am being rhetorical within the same context you are. Just think about it, and you'll understand just why I've been so patently "unpleasant" with my criticism of the behaviour. You're all likely smart people, and you all likely know better than I do this was a bad move. Don't be smarter, intelligence is irrelevant to this, it's common sense. Be better: ESO deserves better, the Elder Scrolls IP deserves better, and the industry at large deserves better.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Obscure
    Conan-Stand-Up-and-Claps.gif
    Sincerely. Well said.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    @Obscure
    Conan-Stand-Up-and-Claps.gif
    Sincerely. Well said.

Seconded.

Don't be smarter. Quit acting deuce bags.

Edited by Bouvin on April 21, 2015 9:42PM
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    So many 'experts' :smile:
    ...reading posts here is better than Damnlol.com
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    Just a little comment to add one more post. Ad in game is a big slap in the face ny other it seems).
    you do want money...
    Pro tips : release content...
  • Aeslyn_Grey
    Aeslyn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    I too really do not like the in game across screen adds for Crown store items. I feel this is a classy game and it is cheap and tacky to advertise that way. There are many other ways to advertise as has been pointed out in this thread.
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obscure wrote: »
    Now, could we do this smarter?

60677723.jpg

Constructive Criticism: If it's not relevant to the server, don't use a server message.

The only things worth doing are consequently worth doing right. If I get my oil changed in my car, by professionals, I expect a nice little acid free, clear sticker, for my next oil change to be put in the upper left corner of my windshield, likely with a company logo on it and maybe even a phone number to schedule an appointment. If they use masking tape and a sharpie what does that say about them as professionals? How would you respond if they said "Now, could we do this smarter?", and then proceeded to suggest they lack the ability to do otherwise?

No need to answer. I am being rhetorical within the same context you are. Just think about it, and you'll understand just why I've been so patently "unpleasant" with my criticism of the behaviour. You're all likely smart people, and you all likely know better than I do this was a bad move. Don't be smarter, intelligence is irrelevant to this, it's common sense. Be better: ESO deserves better, the Elder Scrolls IP deserves better, and the industry at large deserves better.

One would think, when it comes to professionalism, and having passion for what you do, and being involved in the production of the MMO Elder Scrolls game, that being better would come with the territory given the long history of the quality of the title.

Since ZoS was created for production of this particular title (not Bethesda), it's also likely that the standards/culture/values that came with the franchise kind of got a tabula rasa with this one. And it would seem that who came on top that seems to be leading the values, direction, and decisions, are the financial suits. Not the president. Seems like Mr. Firor is either aligned with the way they are running things, or not powerful enough to fight the *** out that is occurring.

Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • drogon1
    drogon1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Touchy touchy.

I saw the msg flash by and thought ... absolutely nothing at all.

A smidgen of advertising ... was all it was.

Seriously, big deal.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo, apparently this has been listened to and actioned according to Jessica on the PS4 Article...
    Jessica Folsom 22 April, 2015 @ 10:34 pm
    We don’t plan on doing the in-game messaging anymore. That was, honestly, just to get the word out about the Senche-Leopard due to the very limited amount of time it was being offered. We heard our players loud and clear that they didn’t like the in-game messaging, so it’s gone the way of the dinosaurs. We’re working on better in-game messaging about limited-time offers and sales that aren’t as intrusive.

Link: Article Here :)
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on April 23, 2015 1:16PM
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to confirm on this end, we indeed do not plan to continue with in-game messaging for items such as this (though we will still message if the server is going down, for example). We understand this was not appreciated or desired, and will find better ways to message limited Crown Store items that do not interfere with your gameplay experience.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the decision and confirmation @ZOS_GinaBruno. We don't mind advertising, just not literally in our face while adventuring. You guys have made many adventurers happy today!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Gina, thanks for the response and confirmation.

Just a thought, maybe something to spitball in the office and raise on ESO Live tomorrow, is whether you could consider the options players suggested on how to do it (I've linked most of them I think on the initial thread). Maybe have a formal thread asking for suggestions or a vote on the best way to consider doing this so the community has a valid input in to it?

Just a thought, but good news none the less and thank you for listening :)

Oh, and a small side note: I think this thread can be locked now :)
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on April 23, 2015 1:41PM

• pugyourself
    pugyourself
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm on this end, we indeed do not plan to continue with in-game messaging for items such as this (though we will still message if the server is going down, for example). We understand this was not appreciated or desired, and will find better ways to message limited Crown Store items that do not interfere with your gameplay experience.

Thank you!
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who bets they will go back on their word and do it again, with the explanation "this is the only way we could think of to do it for everyone, cause we cannot use Mail, even though we use ot for pretty much everything else EXCEPT for ads)
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES!!!!!!!!!! Voice of reason wins the day!!! :smiley: Super stoked that they listened to the community and came to the right decision.

+1 ZoS
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    suggestion, just show case it for the first loading screen for the game after you pick your character, i doubt people will mind it there.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    suggestion, just show case it for the first loading screen for the game after you pick your character, i doubt people will mind it there.

We are talking about less intrusive options, such as what you suggested, or a special area in the Crown Store. Unfortunately, we didn't have those options available to us during the Welcome Back Weekend.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We are talking about less intrusive options, such as what you suggested, or a special area in the Crown Store. Unfortunately, we didn't have those options available to us during the Welcome Back Weekend.

why not simply stop saying you cannot use mail to get away with it and you know, USE the mail that we ALL know you can use since you guys have used it several times previously?
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, I found them mildly annoying but the hysteria around here about them from some in this thread and others is truly pitiful.

Sad.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    why not simply stop saying you cannot use mail to get away with it and you know, USE the mail that we ALL know you can use since you guys have used it several times previously?

In-game mail?

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Yup. People are convinced that other messages have gone out to them from the system that are not "in game generated" and thus, there is no reason why this could not be used as a promotional tool :)

p.s. Jessica - in the PS$ comments section, I'm pretty sure you said there was a chance that the "Buy it now before it goes away for ever Senche Leopard" will be available again....

ahh ha...
    Jessica Folsom 22 April, 2015 @ 5:37pm
    Hi monoliet,

Is the limited availability mount you’re referring to the Senche-Leopard? If so, it is possible we will offer it again in the future, including on PS4, but we don’t have any further details at this time.
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on April 23, 2015 2:38PM

• KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you all for listening. :smiley:

There had been some great suggestions from the community here and elsewhere. I personally wouldn't mind stable hands or town criers "advertising" new additions to the riding mount force of Tamriel in game. Like, something along this line? :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_u7VGiMO0U
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Best news I've seen all day. Thanks for listening to us!
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom : the notification window would work too, with a link to the crown store, as long as it doesn't stay visible all the time during normal play.
    Wololo.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad this idea is out the window.

Hoping alternative options do not include the use of overweight male orcs with crown store offers tattoed on their bellies (or worse places ....)
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    p.s. Jessica - in the PS$ comments section, I'm pretty sure you said there was a chance that the "Buy it now before it goes away for ever Senche Leopard" will be available again....

ahh ha...
    Jessica Folsom 22 April, 2015 @ 5:37pm
    Hi monoliet,

Is the limited availability mount you’re referring to the Senche-Leopard? If so, it is possible we will offer it again in the future, including on PS4, but we don’t have any further details at this time.

@P3ZZL3 - We were very upfront about the Senche-Leopard being a limited-time offering, but not a "will never return ever" item. Questions came up about it during the time it was being sold. We stated then that it was always possible we'd make it available again, and that if we ever did release an item that would never return, we would make that very clear in the messaging.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I'm not overly concerned. There are enough companies out there that have "never ending sales" :D I just appreciate the fact you guys did listen to us as a community on the advertising situation :)

Have a great day.