The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One year has passed and still there is no Barber shop or something like that :/

Julianos
Julianos
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS please gives us a barber shop !!! I don't wanna play with same hair style and same facial hair for eternity! let us change our scars make up and facial hairs and other cosmetic stuff on our head. Even in real life i change my hair cut or facial hair style every three month but in a magical world i can't ! This game has really deep character customization at character creation and yet no in game customization feature. It's a mmoRPG in a roleplaying game customization is everything guys !!! I will up this poll forever :)

One year has passed and still there is no Barber shop or something like that :/ 160 votes

YES
88%
ArgonianAssassinKikazaruGilvothThymosSunraeventide03b14a_ESONewBlacksmurfPsychobunnicodybrewer78b14_ESOArobainDarkWombatKainos98WhimsyDragonskarvikagresiacrougerenardb16_ESOdreadlaxb16_ESOAH93nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESOeserras7b16_ESO 142 votes
no
11%
kewlBigMHansKYakidafidennissomb16_ESONonamesbutmineub17_ESOwookikiller95SergunRumba1minfaerLarianaPeel_Ya_Cap_517notimetocareSpearshardKewaGKalebronThe-BaconatorAjax_22 18 votes
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the last ESO live they stated this is something they are working on and would like to get in game ;) They didn't forget, don't worry!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Yes, there is no barber shop. lol :p
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Also im not sure you have quite got the hang of making polls
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    lol
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no

No, there is no barber shop.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    MissBizz wrote: »
    On the last ESO live they stated this is something they are working on and would like to get in game ;) They didn't forget, don't worry!

Yep, this is correct! We don't have an ETA for it yet, but it is being worked on. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Yakidafi wrote: »

Well the poll statement reads "One year has passed and still there is no Barber shop or something like that"

So I voted yes, that is correct
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    You are correct, one year has passed and there is still no barber shop.
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One year has past and I still have to relog daily to get my mail.
  • AvalonSkye
    AvalonSkye
    ✭✭✭
    They have to make the hairstyles to sell in the store...then the barber shop.
  • Onebitsoul
    Onebitsoul
    ✭✭✭
    YES

Yep, this is correct! We don't have an ETA for it yet, but it is being worked on. :)

Thank the Divines for this.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2000 crown hair cut available in the crown store soon
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2000 crown hair cut available in the crown store soon

Exactly what I'm afraid of. No way will I be spending that kind of money just to change hair style or eye color or jewelry or face shape. (Unless we are talking about unlocking additional options that weren't previously available.) That kind of stuff should be available in the game anyway with in game currency IMO.

I'd have nothing at all against it being available as something that can be paid for with either game currency or crowns, however. Just not liking the idea of it being crown shop exclusive.
    Edited by Glurin on April 16, 2015 8:11PM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The official answer is the best that can be provided and it's good to know it's on the list.

But we've been told of other things that were being worked on....

1. Removal of Veteran Ranks

2. The ability to wash down your food with a nice, refreshing beverage

3. Further phases of the Justice System

And most will. But it's usually bad policy in the end to say what's coming unless you have a date.

Eventually the word soon becomes...well...like that great old opera...

"When, when will mine eyes find the light?" Prince Tamino asks the priests in Mozart's The Magic Flute. "Soon, soon, Youth, or never."
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES

Only Barbershop?? We need plastic surgery too! My female toon needs it!
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please make an actual in-game shop, not some magic scroll from the crown store.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • lihentian
      lihentian
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      maybe, depend on what you are asking
    • Ganacampo
      Ganacampo
      ✭✭✭
      I don't understand your poll, so I don't vote, but yes, I want a barber shop.
    • MissBizz
      MissBizz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The official answer is the best that can be provided and it's good to know it's on the list.

And most will. But it's usually bad policy in the end to say what's coming unless you have a date.

"When, when will mine eyes find the light?" Prince Tamino asks the priests in Mozart's The Magic Flute. "Soon, soon, Youth, or never."

@bellanca6561n They looked into allowing food and beverage to stack in 1.6, and they chose not to. So it's not on the "soon" list. Instead they buffed up drinks. It's hard to explain though :/ If you have a green level 20 food that adds 300 health (making up numbers here), then a green level 20 drink would regenerate 300 health in 20 seconds.

Don't make me find the official words ;) Searching is hard. haha
      Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    • pugyourself
      pugyourself
      ✭✭✭✭
      YES
      Yes, it has been a year since last year.
    • Yakidafi
      Yakidafi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      no

Well the poll statement reads "One year has passed and still there is no Barber shop or something like that"

I just used no for the same purpose D: thinking it was funny.
      Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
      PC EU/NA
    • wraith808
      wraith808
      ✭✭✭✭

LOL! (in lieu of a LOL) Literalism is fun!
      Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
      Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
      Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    • Victus
      Victus
      ✭✭✭
      Hey, if you want to add some crazy scars IRL knock yourself out!
      Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
    • Elijah_Crow
      Elijah_Crow
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      YES
      It's already coming. If you can't wait you can always re-roll. :wink:
    • bellanca6561n
      bellanca6561n
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@bellanca6561n They looked into allowing food and beverage to stack in 1.6, and they chose not to. So it's not on the "soon" list. Instead they buffed up drinks. It's hard to explain though :/ If you have a green level 20 food that adds 300 health (making up numbers here), then a green level 20 drink would regenerate 300 health in 20 seconds.

Don't make me find the official words ;) Searching is hard. haha

Oh I believe you, MissBizz....don't go searching :p

I remember them toying with the idea back in version 4 I think...not that it matters.

And some of the more confident players, such as Deltia, claim they use drink instead of food...uh....me, I need that fat, fat cushion of stat :blush:

Point is that most companies eventually come to the conclusion that, unless you have a date, don't say something's coming. If you can't say when, don't say. It's really hard not to, though.

I'm not going to pout and go away over something like this....however much I'd love to take a character or two for another pass through the character creation program *sigh*

I hope they do better than a barbershop though....make hairstyles a collections inventory item.
      Edited by bellanca6561n on April 16, 2015 11:29PM
    • Sotha_Sil
      Sotha_Sil
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      One year has passed and still there is no IC or something like that
      Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    • hamon
      hamon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      the barber shop and cosmetic things like that are where the crown shop should be making money , nobody minds these things,

tho i,m sure folk would still scream pay to win if you arrived with some new haircut.
    • Athas24
      Athas24
      ✭✭✭✭
      YES
      I voted yes for absolutely no reason because there was no question involved. I just like voting yes. :dizzy:
      ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
      Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
    • Betahkiin
      Betahkiin
      ✭✭✭✭
      YES
      I like the idea because it can contribute much to the role in the game, but for the same reason I also are worry. Being able to change the facial look of the character is against role in the justice system.

If a character commits a crime and escape to modify their appearance, how is justified the continuity of the bounty if in theory can not be identified?

• Gidorick
      Gidorick
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

There are SO many ways this can be done so I started the following thread:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165626/the-barber-shop-is-currently-being-worked-on-community-input-goes-here
      What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
      That's right... Horse.
      Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!