The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fall Damage "Fixed" .. Really?

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/a0kEGk0.png
    well bolting down that slope is definetly worth 51k fall dmg...
    sth is really bogus with your fix.

Watch your step :wink:
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    While it's true some members of the team are focused on the Crown Store, it's not the priority for all the developers. Honestly, some issues are more difficult to fix than others. Sometimes it's figuring out exactly what's causing the problem, other times it could be the complexity of actually fixing it. In this case, it's the latter.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pecivilis wrote: »
    The only excuse that is acceptable for this is that it was a very very quick "blanket fix" while they work on it more thoroughly for an upcoming maintenance.

Just to follow up, this is basically what happened. We weren't able to completely fix the main issue in time for 2.0.1, but also didn't want to leave the high fall damage in, so we made it so you temporarily will not take any fall damage when being hit with certain abilities. That said, we are still working on the real fix for this - what's currently in-game is not permanent.

Why is ZOS so incapable of communicating in an honest and forthright manner with their customers? It's mind boggling really. If I had an employee that was so obfuscatory in their communication I would fire them. Period. When a statement is made that something is fixed that is exactly what people expect and it shouldn't take a thread like this to find out it was only a partial fix. This is a perfect example of the poor customer service that continues to drive people away from ESO and furthers the negative perception of ZOS.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazin93 wrote: »
    The only excuse that is acceptable for this is that it was a very very quick "blanket fix" while they work on it more thoroughly for an upcoming maintenance.

Just to follow up, this is basically what happened. We weren't able to completely fix the main issue in time for 2.0.1, but also didn't want to leave the high fall damage in, so we made it so you temporarily will not take any fall damage when being hit with certain abilities. That said, we are still working on the real fix for this - what's currently in-game is not permanent.

Why is ZOS so incapable of communicating in an honest and forthright manner with their customers? It's mind boggling really. If I had an employee that was so obfuscatory in their communication I would fire them. Period. When a statement is made that something is fixed that is exactly what people expect and it shouldn't take a thread like this to find out it was only a partial fix. This is a perfect example of the poor customer service that continues to drive people away from ESO and furthers the negative perception of ZOS.

well, to be honest, compared to many other MMO studios ZoS is relatively straight-forward in their comunications.
    Still, that particular fall damage incident was not exactly handled in the most trust-inspiring fashion...

regardless, it's good to hear that work on an "actual" fix is ongoing
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ZoS fix method

stage 1: temporary fix
    stage 2: proper fix
    stage 3: fix for proper fix
    stage 4: the real fix

We should be used to it by now.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will it be possible to purchase parachutes to cancel fall damage from the Crown Store at some point?

Perhaps with a cute Guar print on them?
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morvul wrote: »

well, to be honest, compared to many other MMO studios ZoS is relatively straight-forward in their comunications.
    Still, that particular fall damage incident was not exactly handled in the most trust-inspiring fashion...

regardless, it's good to hear that work on an "actual" fix is ongoing

Yep. Even though they haven't acknowledged a bug that is very important to me as an ability I really like to use; other MMOs I have played are not NEARLY as responsive. Gina and Jessica as just some examples as great with the community, but even Paul Sage and Brian Wheeler post more and with more information than even my last games community managers.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is exaclty what we want to hear, honestly. I dont like spin. I want facts so can make an informed opinion. Then put it in the forums lol.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So because other MMOs suck, the bar is lowered and therefore such behaviors are acceptable? That's crazy,

Gina and Jessica are awesome... They've the extremely difficult job of interfacing with us. The problems most certainly lie elsewhere. Stopping now before I get another warning or banned for sharing my frustration over how things are handled.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    So because other MMOs suck, the bar is lowered and therefore such behaviors are acceptable? That's crazy,

Gina and Jessica are awesome... They've the extremely difficult job of interfacing with us. The problems most certainly lie elsewhere. Stopping now before I get another warning or banned for sharing my frustration over how things are handled.
    This cannot be said enough! The amount of flak the community managers have taken the past year for decisions that were probably mostly outside of their influence is quite high.

<3
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dazin93 This could have been stated in a way that was a little less offensive to the devs. I know this is the internet and so you don't ever really have to be polite, but I'm sure ZOS employees don't particularly enjoy reading posts like this all day though. Not that me telling you this will change anything, but I think it needs to be said regardless...

Anyways, I don't mean to harp. I know how worked up we can get sometimes over games we're passionate about, but a little civility goes along ways sometimes, just so you know.
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »

Actually, yes; because other MMOs suck, they do get a pass. I'm assuming the same excuses apply to all the game developers in the industry on what they can share or not share. Or at least similar. Not sure how having what is tpical of an industry standard would not be what determines how good they are here. The fact that we do get what we do get is what makes them so awesome.

A lot of it comes from just not knowing how long it is going to take something to develop and not wanting to set expectations until you know what is possible. I do programming for call centers (you know, the annoying "Press 1 for this, press 2 for that" you all love) When I am talking to someone who wants a new call flow developed; they often ask right away "How quick can we get this done." I really hate that as it will not be until I really dig in to their system and what they want until I even start to see how involved it is going to be. Then I have to worry about obtaining information from them, getting recordings done, other outside infrastructure work that I need and none of that do I personally have much control over other than to harass someone to get it done.

Anyway; that is all pretty simple programming in what I do and not nearly on the level of game design and coding. I always find it better to under promise and over deliver than over promise and under deliver; or just keep my mouth shut and say I'll look into it" and I got it easy compared to them. So yes; I know why other MMOs suck and that does mean that ZOS and its people are doing a hell of a job in the communication department.
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭
    EJRose83 wrote: »

@Dazin93 This could have been stated in a way that was a little less offensive to the devs. I know this is the internet and so you don't ever really have to be polite, but I'm sure ZOS employees don't particularly enjoy reading posts like this all day though. Not that me telling you this will change anything, but I think it needs to be said regardless...

Anyways, I don't mean to harp. I know how worked up we can get sometimes over games we're passionate about, but a little civility goes along ways sometimes, just so you know.

I personally find it offensive to be provided misleading and inaccurate information time and time again. There was nothing in my post that was uncivil or impolite. However, it was critical and in my opinion rightfully so. Most people that are secure in themselves as professionals do not feel threatened by critical feedback, but embrace it and try to learn from it.

I noticed you disagreed with my wording but didn't disagree with the content. Perhaps you prefer to associate with people that beat around the bush and imply many things without actually saying anything, but I prefer people that are direct and to the point. If I suck at my job, tell me I suck, and why, so we can all move on and get better. ZOS does have a huge negative perception in my opinion and its a significant factor that is hurting the game.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think their patch is perfectly acceptable as a temporary fix that prevent a much worse bug from occurring. If they had a failing it was in failing to communicate that the "fix" was indeed a temporary one until the real fix could be applied, leaving us to discover it and thus create this outrage.

There are worse things you be upset about guys.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I think their patch is perfectly acceptable as a temporary fix that prevent a much worse bug from occurring. If they had a failing it was in failing to communicate that the "fix" was indeed a temporary one until the real fix could be applied, leaving us to discover it and thus create this outrage.

There are worse things you be upset about guys.

Definitely in agreement with Ezareth here.

Better what they've done than being able to cause egregious amounts of damage to players. Given the option of making something mildly weaker than intended and granting people a one shot mechanic, I'll always err towards the former over the latter.

Things should always be kept reasonable.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ZoS fix method

stage 0: claim it is fixed

added a missing step ;)
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ZoS fix method

Welcome to Programming !
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • strongoakb14a_ESO
    strongoakb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    RunAway wrote: »
    I'm guessing most of the ZOS devs are now working on the crown store as that will be their main source of revenue.

Where did you get the info showing how many current subs canceled to play for free?

Edited by strongoakb14a_ESO on March 19, 2015 5:28PM
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    Lol the thing is, they probably wont change the fall damage until 12.9. Typical ZOS devs.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will it be possible to purchase parachutes to cancel fall damage from the Crown Store at some point?

Gliding was one of the few enjoyable parts of Archeage. I totally love to have some version of it in ESO.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gliding was one of the few enjoyable parts of Archeage. I totally love to have some version of it in ESO.

If ZOS exaggerated the terrain, made the map bigger, sized up the keeps, reduced campaigns and made use of those awesome ropes like in the trailer then the level of awesomeness of Cyrodill would be unparalleled.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does that give me an image of a Netch acting as a glider mount -- making their appendages into swings and carry the player around.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So, if I was working in a hospital and some people where dying because of some bad fuses in their life support I should just remove the fuses to find the problem sometime later? Problem fixed?

Hmm maybe a bad example. Anyway, thanks for the headsup. I was afraid it was permanent, but luckily not. Seems I will keep my draining shot on my skillbar anyway. DK's have wings and I want to teach them fly of the Allesia bridge.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    any ETA on that 'real fix'

NctBG16.png

This was by the way on flat ground ...
    (well there might have been some small stones been hidden below the grass)

In any case there wasn't even an animation of flying, just bang you are dead. With that sort of fall damage, at least you could put in some *stunning* view all over the area before tumbling back to the ground towards your demise.
    Edited by duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO on December 22, 2015 9:20AM
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    any ETA on that 'real fix'

NctBG16.png

Nevaaah
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got Meteored through the floor at one of the outposts yesterday. I'll try upload a video. Definitely not fixed.
    PC EU
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with taking away all fall damage again until this is fixed.
    'Chaos
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcGUucf.jpg
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their "stuff we tried to fix for a week but couldn't figure it out, so we'll just leave it as is" pile must reach the ceiling.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Short video of what happens when you get Meteored on top of an outpost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB2sJxe_Ows&amp;feature=youtu.be

Edit: Reflected by the way, don't know if that matters?
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on December 23, 2015 2:48AM
    PC EU