Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK Firespitter Update 6 - Magicka DPS for Trials/Dungeons

xMovingTarget
xMovingTarget
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Edited by xMovingTarget on March 13, 2015 2:50AM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armor
    • 2x Valkyn Skoria (1x med, 1x heavy) - Head, Shoulders
    • 4x Martial Knowledge - Hands, Waist, Pants, Boots
    • 2x Torugs Pact - Chest, both Staffs
    Jewelry
    • 2x Cyrodiils Light Rings
    • 1x Random Necklace (legendary Healer Neck would be perfect)
    Weapons
    • 2x Torugs Pact Inferno Staffs (Precise, Flame Damage Glyph)
    5x Light, 1x Medium, 1x Heavy

Skills

Bar 1 - Force Pulse, Burning Embers, Engulfing Flames, Structured Entropy, Sea of Flames or Inner Light. Ultimate : Shooting Star
    Bar 2 - Eruption, Fire Ring, Spell Symmetry, Structured Entropy, Sea of Flames or Inner Light. Ultimate : Standart of Might

Champion System

The Steed - 10 CP Spell Shield
    The Lady - 14 CP Light Armor Focus

The Tower - 23 CP Magician

The Apprentice - 23 CP Elemental Expert

Glyphs/Enchants

Armor : All Magicka
    Jewelry : All Spell Damage
    Weapons : All Fire Damage
    Edited by xMovingTarget on February 25, 2015 4:37PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #nerfdk

Nice build though.

Mobs don't crit by the way (according to the patch notes at least).
    Edited by Gyudan on February 25, 2015 2:30AM
    Wololo.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    #nerfdk

Nice build though.

They do. Mantikora on PTS critted me away once. Combat Cloud shows incoming crits aswell. So at least trial bosses are able to crit.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More mistakes in the patch notes then, great...

Did you consider replacing your jewelry (2x Cyrodiil's Light + Random neck) by 3x Healer?
    You'd be trading the Spell Damage (yes I know it's the best by far) for Magicka + Magicka Recovery and the possibility of using 3x Gold VR14 jewelry.

From what I've tested, for a similar item quality max magicka was about 40% less effective than spell damage for pure damage, but the magicka recovery along with the bonuses from VR14 legendary items may tip the scales.

Shadow got nerfed a bit apparently. I'm not sure if it's still the most effective mundus for DPS.
    Edited by Gyudan on February 25, 2015 2:56AM
    Wololo.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope 20% mistake :s
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More mistakes in the patch notes then, great...

Did you consider replacing your jewelry (2x Cyrodiil's Light + Random neck) by 3x Healer?
    You'd be trading the Spell Damage (yes I know it's the best by far) for Magicka + Magicka Recovery and the possibility of using 3x Gold VR14 jewelry.

From what I've tested, for a similar item quality max magicka was about 40% less effective than spell damage for pure damage, but the magicka recovery along with the bonuses from VR14 legendary items may tip the scales.

Shadow got nerfed a bit apparently. I'm not sure if it's still the most effective mundus for DPS.

Nah, i stick with Cyros Light. Maybe just get a legendary healer necklace for a bit more magicka since that slot is basically free.

Shadow still seems to be the best. We tested a lot Mundus effects and shadow always gave the best result.
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting how big dps will be in longer combats (+- 60 sec)
    Edited by Rydik on February 25, 2015 4:05AM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rydik wrote: »
    Intersting how big dps will be in longer combats (+- 60 sec)

Something like that:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoaWYve_f_I

In that video i only had 1600 spell damage. I was missing the needed gearsets to get to good numbers. But you get the idea. ;)
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice)
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    #nerfdk

Nice build though.

They do. Mantikora on PTS critted me away once. Combat Cloud shows incoming crits aswell. So at least trial bosses are able to crit.

was that before they fixed it (supposedly?) on pts or before
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell Damage has taken a toll in 1.6, much harder to get it anywhere above 1800, meanwhile Weapon Damage is being handed out like candy....
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Spell Damage has taken a toll in 1.6, much harder to get it anywhere above 1800, meanwhile Weapon Damage is being handed out like candy....

Even though you can get more weap dmg the weap dmg skills do not really do amazing OP more dmg than spells.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate you doing this for those, like myself, who don't have the time to do this from scratch and still have time to play the game.
    Edited by Armitas on February 25, 2015 10:27AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah mobs did crit in the first few versions of the PTS but they shouldn't anymore. Have you tested this since?
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    I really appreciate you doing this for those, like myself, who don't have the time to do this from scratch and still have time to play the game.

You are welcome ;)
    Armitas wrote: »

Actually i havnt. But regardless. I just use these pieces coz i am soo unlucky with this traits. If they fixed it now, good. Then you can just ignore what i said about critting mobs. They did indeed crit in 1.6.1. ;)
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find it hard to believe that someone comes up with a totally unique build on his own without any input from other people. Every good builder / theorycrafter talks to others likeminded to come up with the best setup possible to help the community out.

Calling out the ones actually taking the time to make the video (which is a lot of work) doesnt help anyone. Doesnt matter of xMovingTarget "invented" the build, was part of the development or just took the whole idea from someone else. The important thing is that he made a video about it so others can get the info they need to improve their game without having to spend time and money to test everything by themselves.

A build video should be subject to discussion to maybe even improve the build, not bitching around who came up with the initial idea.
    Edited by Jeckll on February 25, 2015 2:54PM
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your support lads!

Okay, i reveal myself. The initial Gear Setup is from @JLN (Julian) from Hodor, the build itself i came up with. At least the update 6 Version. The initial Firespitter pre update 6 was the effort from alot of people. I just tweaked it here and there for myself and made it my own.

In fact, i am putting this videos up to help the community and less passionate players as me. This is to help, not to earn fame. Maybe a bit, but thats not what i put my videos up for. And of course, if you have any ideas for this build or other stuff, let me know. I will check it and implement it too. I even give credit if ppl want.

There are a ton of players in ESO that dont wanna bother with testing stuff. Or just dont want to. For their own reason. If they still wanna use good builds, they can watch my videos or everybody elses who post Videos or guides like that. Many of the competitive Players just wanna hide the "pro" builds from the community so they can get their epeen higher. But that doesnt help anybody. I rather share it. To give "less good" players a chance to get into trials etc too.

With these words, peace out!
  • Father
    Father
    ✭✭✭
    I love your videos man ! keep up the good work ^_^
  • florian.billeb16_ESO
    thx good work and good video
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, i reveal myself. The initial Gear Setup is from @JLN (Julian) from Hodor, the build itself i came up with. At least the update 6 Version. The initial Firespitter pre update 6 was the effort from alot of people. I just tweaked it here and there for myself and made it my own.

In fact, i am putting this videos up to help the community and less passionate players as me. This is to help, not to earn fame. Maybe a bit, but thats not what i put my videos up for. And of course, if you have any ideas for this build or other stuff, let me know. I will check it and implement it too. I even give credit if ppl want.

There are a ton of players in ESO that dont wanna bother with testing stuff. Or just dont want to. For their own reason. If they still wanna use good builds, they can watch my videos or everybody elses who post Videos or guides like that. Many of the competitive Players just wanna hide the "pro" builds from the community so they can get their epeen higher. But that doesnt help anybody. I rather share it. To give "less good" players a chance to get into trials etc too.

You sire are a gentleman and a scholar ;)
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

You sire are a gentleman and a scholar ;)

If anything I am a wizard! :D
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I taught him everything
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing, here are my 2 cents.

Since pots currently have 40 seconds duration (thanks to Medicinal Use 3/3 passive from Alchemy), you don't need to cast entropy every 12-14 seconds. Just make 1 glyph to reduce potion cooldown, drink them every 40 seconds and enjoy 3 buffs at once :) Correct me if I'm wrong.

ee40d-clip-58kb.jpg?nocache=1
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andy.s wrote: »

Since pots currently have 40 seconds duration (thanks to Medicinal Use 3/3 passive from Alchemy), you don't need to cast entropy every 12-14 seconds. Just make 1 glyph to reduce potion cooldown, drink them every 40 seconds and enjoy 3 buffs at once :) Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is a nice little gem indeed. It will probably be worth it on most builds (if you can find 5 skills you want on your 1st bar) as you can drop IL & Entropy, light gives 5% magicka sure.. but I find that avoiding bar swap as much as possible is pretty great especially since weapon swapping is a nightmare again in 1.6. :|
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Entropy still nice ;)
    Edited by TehMagnus on February 26, 2015 1:06PM
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TehMagnus wrote: »

Entropy still nice ;)

We've found that Entropy is a DPS loss in most situations, even though it theoretically shouldn't be. It's dot does almost no more damage than instants and thus it seems to equate to a loss when skipping an instant to cast it? You have a different experience I guess? :p
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So much fire... :smiley:

Thanks for the build Moving, I'll have to test it on my DK (once I finally get to finish leveling her up).
    Shadow still seems to be the best. We tested a lot Mundus effects and shadow always gave the best result.

Did you test it only on Magicka builds, or Stamina as well?

According to my tests, Warrior mundus gives both: better base damage and better crit damage than Shadow currently on PTS.
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    Entropy still nice ;)

yeh it ticks, but there are many other things that tick and proc meteors

best one that comes in my mind now is destructive reach (1st destro staff skill) boosted with master staff, or impulse for aoe damage or something else depending on sitatuation which brings some variety to the build.

Edited by andy_s on February 26, 2015 1:19PM
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Entropy still nice ;)

best one that comes in my mind now is destructive reach (1st destro staff skill) boosted with master staff, or impulse for aoe damage or something else depending on sitatuation which brings some variety to the build.

True dat, still much to be tested before the builds stabilize totally :)
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Entropy still nice ;)

True dat, still much to be tested before the builds stabilize totally :)

Yea true.

Actually i wanted to go away from heavy pot usage. But maybe theres no way around it. Anyway, this is a early version of a build. And we didnt had much time to tweak it. Since we are not playing on PTS as on live. As soon as we have it on live, i will most likely change stuff again. But for the start this should be okay ;)

@DDuke Everybody was using the warrior on PTS for stamina. You can reach crazy weapon damage with it. So it might be better. But dont trust me on that too much Decimus. I didnt play around that much with Stamina. @Alcast did alot of stamina testing. I bet he can answer that better than me. ;)
    I taught him everything
    You wish, Donkeh!
    Edited by xMovingTarget on February 26, 2015 2:06PM