Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.2.5 PATCH NOTES !

Phantax
Phantax
✭✭✭✭✭
Here are the new patch notes for v1.2.5 ....

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/117919/patch-notes-v1-2-5#latest

Erm... yeah... discuss !

:/
High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

Phase 1 of our Veteran gameplay changes begins with this patch, the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall. We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50. You'll be able to continue soloing through them more easily than before, though they'll still be challenging. We have much more information about Veteran System changes on the way, so make sure to watch our site for updates.

???

OK and HOW have you lowered the difficulty?? Talk about vague and uninformative ! ! !
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm worried. They mention a fix that *may* improve frame rate in Cyrodiil, but clearly don't assume it's a permanent fix it that it will work for everyone. And I don't see anything about the issues breaking PvE such as delays in rendering architecture, NPCs and mobs, frequent loading screens, and skill lag.
  • Leafmint
    Leafmint
    ✭✭
    Oh somebody go out into the VR wilds and kill something already. Then come back and tell us (win lose or draw).
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »
    Veteran Rank Changes

Phase 1 of our Veteran gameplay changes begins with this patch, the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall. We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50. You'll be able to continue soloing through them more easily than before, though they'll still be challenging. We have much more information about Veteran System changes on the way, so make sure to watch our site for updates.

???

OK and HOW have you lowered the difficulty?? Talk about vague and uninformative ! ! !

Monsters have 3 and only 3 things which make them "challenging":
    - the amount & frequency of damage they deal to you
    - the amount of health they have
    - any special abilities (immunity to CC, or other special things)

Since I doubt they actually went through every monster and changed their special abilities (3rd point), then obviously they messed with the first 2: damage output and health, in some combination.

This is obvious, but apparently, not to everyone.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    ....and how long until the updated patch notes? You know, with all the things you changed and "forgot" to put in the notes...until players call you on it.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS and their affinity for the vague and uninformitive. /sigh
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

Since I doubt they actually went through every monster and changed their special abilities (3rd point), then obviously they messed with the first 2: damage output and health, in some combination.

Doesn't have to of been the mobs that were nerfed, they may have buffed VR players while in VR zones !

@ZOS_GinaBruno any chance of telling us what you guys actually did?
    Edited by Phantax on July 7, 2014 2:40PM
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember to try using heavy armour to test. its possible (I hope) that they got rid of the 90% armour and spell penetration, but you would not see that in light armour. I canne test as im in EU, so no patch yet :(
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see they fixed some of those outstanding quests.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know why I/we expected more ! /huff
  • Jimm_ay
    Jimm_ay
    ✭✭✭
    I had four quests bugged this weekend in vr9 and 10 in EP - none of them are listed (okay well one is but the wrong part. Throw away the key...you cannot find the medical supplies to even take..."
  • KarlosTheGrouch
    KarlosTheGrouch
    ✭✭✭
    Please some more Information about what you changed in the VR Content

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • sotonin
    sotonin
    ✭✭✭
    ha ha. Their wording on the FPS fixes is not a good sign. Sounds like lots are cancelling their subs.
  • Leafmint
    Leafmint
    ✭✭
    hk11 wrote: »
    Glad to see they fixed some of those outstanding quests.

You would think they are the only ones that they do not need to fix.
  • Jimm_ay
    Jimm_ay
    ✭✭✭
    oh and lets hope if the reduced vr difficulty that they did not reduce xp given..:(..eaiser to kill but you have to kill 4 times as much.
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    I'm worried. They mention a fix that *may* improve frame rate in Cyrodiil, but clearly don't assume it's a permanent fix it that it will work for everyone. And I don't see anything about the issues breaking PvE such as delays in rendering architecture, NPCs and mobs, frequent loading screens, and skill lag.

This is the only note of consequence.
    Fixed an issue where some visual effects and abilities were reducing your game’s performance

The quote below doesn't address the FPS issues. FPS is not the same thing as lag.
    Implemented a fix that will marginally reduce the server lag while in Cyrodiil.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leafmint wrote: »
    Oh somebody go out into the VR wilds and kill something already. Then come back and tell us (win lose or draw).
    Trying to, but the login server is unavailable. :neutral_face:

I'll fire back with my results ASAP!
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wording there tells me they've done exactly nothing about the FPS issue which they identified in other areas as a memory leak.

This is a kiss of death for PvP. What a shame. I had an absolute blast in PvP in this game. I can't see it recovering the numbers from here. :(
  • EinionYrth
    EinionYrth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patchnotes wrote:
    Silent Village: Fixed an issue where the bears associated with this quest would not follow you after they were bound.

My problem is that I couldn't get the bloody things to aggro on me at all, couldn't bind them without "weakening" them and they'd just stand there looking vacant and doing nowt.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50.

What does this actually mean? So they lowered the difficulty of VR 2 and VR 3 zones? I am just more confused now than before :D

They don't mean silver and gold huh, as those are more zones in total.
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    This patch only interests me about de fps bug, iam waiting to read your NA players about it because i play on EU server...

ps: also the next patches iam only interested in fps fix (until pvp is playable again)
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance Thread Winner!
    Edited by TheBull on July 7, 2014 2:48PM
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about it, Its actually quite smart of Zenimax. If they intentionally keep it vague and don't tell us what they have done we can't actually say if it's truly working as intended !

:confused:
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Implemented a fix that will marginally reduce the server lag while in Cyrodiil.

ok, this is what was done to help the fps in cryodiil?
    seriously?

definition of marginally:

1. Of, relating to, located at, or constituting a margin, a border, or an edge: the marginal strip of beach; a marginal issue that had no bearing on the election results.
    2. Being adjacent geographically: states marginal to Canada.
    3. Written or printed in the margin of a book: marginal notes.
    4. Barely within a lower standard or limit of quality: marginal writing ability; eked out a marginal existence.
    5. Economics
    a. Having to do with enterprises that produce goods or are capable of producing goods at a rate that barely covers production costs.

um .... wow, ok then ....
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wording there tells me they've done exactly nothing about the FPS issue which they identified in other areas as a memory leak.

This is a kiss of death for PvP. What a shame. I had an absolute blast in PvP in this game. I can't see it recovering the numbers from here. :(

This is false, it was never identified as a memory leak, and it absolutely could not be a memory leak, because the only way to clear a memory leak is to restart the client, but you could reset your FPS with a simple character logout/login, which does not restart the client. So, that ruled out memory leak 2 weeks ago.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

Doesn't have to of been the mobs that were nerfed, they may have buffed VR players while in VR zones !

@ZOS_GinaBruno any chance of telling us what you guys actually did?

Yes, absolutely. Monsters will hit for less damage, and will have less health overall across the Veteran zones.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MonkeyAssassin24
    MonkeyAssassin24
    ✭✭✭
    Patchnotes wrote:
    Silent Village: Fixed an issue where the bears associated with this quest would not follow you after they were bound.

My problem is that I couldn't get the bloody things to aggro on me at all, couldn't bind them without "weakening" them and they'd just stand there looking vacant and doing nowt.

This was because the first wave of players after a server reset could actually target and attack them but once they used the binding item, they turned into what you encountered, so there never be any respawns. Now that the item will work (hopefully) players can turn in the quest and the used bears can respawn as intended.
    On second thought, let's not go to the forums. 'Tis a silly place.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch only interests me about de fps bug, iam waiting to read your NA players about it because i play on EU server...

ps: also the next patches iam only interested in fps fix (until pvp is playable again)

Always nice to see somebody who cares about the ESO community as a whole !
    You Sir are a true.... err... gamer (edited before getting slapped by the Mods)

:(
    Edited by Phantax on July 7, 2014 2:49PM
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All you whiners get a grip. Play the game after the patch. Then decide. Whining before you even try out the patch is pathetic, especially when Zeni is trying to do the right things.....We all know their communication sucks so at least get used to it for now as long as they are actually working to fix the game.