Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Ask Us Anything: Variety Pack 15"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the "Ask Us Anything: Variety Pack 15" article. We hope you enjoy the questions and answers! If you'd like to submit questions for the next Ask Us Anything, please send them to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Zerikin
    Zerikin
    18 skyshards?
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to ask why cant you guys nerf dress and sticks, instead of hating on DK
  • LyricalMURDER
    LyricalMURDER
    ✭✭✭
    "Of note, only horse mounts have the endless sprint trait. Other upcoming mount types will have different special traits."

I NEED TO KNOW MOAR ABOUT THESE OTHER MOUNT TYPES.
  • kenpachi480
    kenpachi480
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. I cant find no one to complete the PVE in Craglorn and therefore I will miss it. the dungeons/trials however I do have guildies who I can group up, with. and as vet12 or not. 90% of the mobs I cant take on my own. and even if I find people willing they never seem to have the patience to go through the dialogue so I always have to rush it missing to my idea wonderful lore story's
    Pain and Dead are the cost to the enjoyment of Battle

Captain Otter Wildwater - DK - V12 - EP
    GoS Vassal - Templar - V16 - EP
    Captain Izanagi Tsukiko - Sorc - still lvling - EP

Best selfclaimed Healer of Ebonheart Pact NA
  • Justiciar
    Justiciar
    ✭✭✭
    "Of note, only horse mounts have the endless sprint trait. Other upcoming mount types will have different special traits."

I NEED TO KNOW MOAR ABOUT THESE OTHER MOUNT TYPES.

Ikr. Awesome
    Conquest, Victory, Profit
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why haven't you guys been able to fix forward camps in the last 8 months?
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Silt Striders. SILT STRIDERS. SILT STRIDERS!!!

Guar are cool too, but I'd rather that they were simply Pack Guar (Ie: carry more but you don't ride them... or if you do they are much slower.)
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear 'other' types of players will eventually gain more content.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why in the world are questions selected and then vague, non-committal answers are provided? Or are questions only selected for inclusion if they can be answered in such general and unspecific terms?

How in the world are people climbing the leaderboards with scouting missions? Those pay a whopping 250 AP while the leaderboards are populated by players with hundreds of thousands (and usually millions) of AP. A player would need to complete 4000 of these missions to reach 1 million AP and that would not even put them in the top 10 on pretty much all of the remaining campaigns except for Celarus.
  • kosac
    kosac
    ✭✭✭
    "It protects you from being dismounted when attacked, and if you rapidly press the sprint key you will get big boosts of speed on your mount (but at a much higher stamina cost)."

I dont see difference.. horse dosnt sprint faster only makes little stuck when i release button.. so wtf? how big is this boost?
  • masterthehero
    masterthehero
    Soul Shriven
    Quite honestly. I'd prefer the bugs get fixed and add the quality of life content first.

A lot of my friends are already abandoned ESO because they're bored and the bugs are ridiculous.

-We can't group together without losing loot because of the vast level differences. (I know this is being addressed, but I'm talking about right now.)

- Phasing creates another headache where my friend disappears in the middle of a mission and then I can't help him/her.

- The server gets horrifically unresponsive and when I click to attack, the hits don't register on the character.

- Guild bank still says "retrieving information" from time to time.

- Simple, easy to fix bugs such as objects not being interactable or NPC's who don't follow you are STILL in the game. Why is it that the bug where you can move around after being "supposedly" dead still plaguing this game?

There's just way too many bugs and design oversights in this game that is slowly killing it for me and my friends. All I want to do is play a hassle free game of ESO and instead I have to deal with endless bugs, forced grouping for what should be soloable content, and then the inability to group with friends once it's time to group.

I don't want to hear "Oh this game is so big, of course there's going to be bugs." There have been other MMO's that have had way less bugs than this game and have been of equal or greater size. It's not an excuse when your main quest has bugs that freaking NPC's don't spawn where they should!

Get your act together Zenimax.
    Sci-Fi superheroine book author:
    http://www.thesilverninja.com
  • Ingwe
    Ingwe
    I think your overreacting a bit there....
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

We're currently testing a couple fixes for Forward Camps. If all goes well, the fixes will be in a patch next week.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you discuss what's happening with Templar's to boost their DPS on par with Mages, Sorcs, and Nightblades?
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I may have opinions on this AMA...

In a future update.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're currently testing a couple fixes for Forward Camps. If all goes well, the fixes will be in a patch next week.

So they are getting broke worse.
  • Targanwolf
    I look forward to VR content where I don't HAVE TO group.Except for AvA I group about 1% of the time in pve.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Pmarsico9 wrote: »
    Can you discuss what's happening with Templar's to boost their DPS on par with Mages, Sorcs, and Nightblades?

We're compiling a list of the Templar improvements we're working (along with others), to share with all of you. We plan to post something this week and don't have the full details yet, but Templar DPS is absolutely one of the improvements on the list.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • jj69chevub17_ESO
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thanks for the update! Good to know its being looked into and we will soon have some info
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    "...we understand that everyone would like to conquer dungeons with their friends, regardless of level differences. We’re working to make that a reality. In a future update, we’ll be adding a new dungeon scaling system which will allow you to find and participate in any dungeon by adjusting everything to the group leader’s level. We’ll share more details on this in-development system in the future."

Just....Awesome! =D

I haven't actually had a chance to group with any of my guild-mates to do dungeons b/c of level differences. To date, I've only managed to do just one dungeon and was lucky enough to have decent, friendly people in that pug.
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I ask, will there be any changes to the Veteran Content in the future Update?
  • boogie95
    boogie95
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds great liking the game more and more everyday but some new solo content is a must just as group content is a must
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy with a horse, but if we have to have another type of mount, I do want it to be lore friendly -- NOT stupid riding spiders, or bears or nords, no pink rabbits or other silly and stupid mounts that one sees in other MMO's -- MUST BE KEPT LORE FRIENDLY!
  • Mcmaroney
    Mcmaroney
    Soul Shriven
    still waiting on poison to be applied to weapon even though now its just an xp gain and as for the staff and robe ive seen more of this in game lately since the nerfs because DK even if you have heavy armor attacks rip through em like light but still..proper blocking may help..? idk just a comment suggestion.

Want to play a dps? Roll light armor and staffs.
    Want to play a tank? Roll light armor and staffs.
    Want to play a healer? Roll light armor and staffs.
    ESO, play your way*..
    well as long as its roll light armor and a staff
  • Taiminator
    Taiminator
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on the discrepancy between stamina DPS builds and magicka builds? I've gotten my nightblade to do ok DPS with staves but really waiting to see if stamina weapon ability builds will be viable in endgame PVE at some point.
    Pact Bosmer Nightblade DPS, Tank or healer
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭
    Id like to ask why cant you guys nerf dress and sticks, instead of hating on DK

Awh! IMHO Nobody needs to be nerfed, but rather some things need to be lifted up. I do not think DKs need to be nerfed either, but targeting the robed Sorcerers instead; won't make things any better for the DK, NB, or Templars. It will just make more Sorcerers unhappy too, and solve nothing. LOL Just sayn' :) Besides not all sorcerers wear light armor and staff, some use medium armor and bows or adjust their play-styles just as other classes may. I do agree that the DK does not seem overpowered though, especially since many DKs I know, like to be the tank and that's an important role that needs to be filled too. It seems like most the complaints about being underpowered are about the NB and Templar, and they are already working on fixing the Templar. Good news on that! :) However, the NB being more of a sneaky solitary type role past games, may just need buffing for easier group play -- although I've seen some bowed NBs do some major action if they put skill points in to their bow area effect actives. You never know, people may be as jealous of the NB as some now are of the Mages, when the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild come out. :) I think it would be great if all classes got more skill slots, for each weapon/skill bar though. Maybe they will add them when DB and TG come out? :)

Edited by snowsong on June 17, 2014 1:18AM
    STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
    http://storm-cats.weebly.com/
    [Snowsong is using ROG G752VS on NA server.]
  • Soulharvester
    Soulharvester
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good!

Looking forward to new things both big and small! :)

Thank you for the updates!

• snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭
    Rhass wrote: »
    "...we understand that everyone would like to conquer dungeons with their friends, regardless of level differences. We’re working to make that a reality. In a future update, we’ll be adding a new dungeon scaling system which will allow you to find and participate in any dungeon by adjusting everything to the group leader’s level. We’ll share more details on this in-development system in the future."

Just....Awesome! =D

I haven't actually had a chance to group with any of my guild-mates to do dungeons b/c of level differences. To date, I've only managed to do just one dungeon and was lucky enough to have decent, friendly people in that pug.

YAY! i think this update for finding and participating in any dungeon by adjusting everything to the group leader’s level is just awesome too! If we want more of a challenge we can set it to a higher level player by making them group leader and if we are over-powered too badly we can set it to somebody mid-range or something. It creates allot of possibilities for different leveled friends to be an asset instead of a hindrance. :) Thank you! :)

STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭
    boogie95 wrote: »
    Sounds great liking the game more and more everyday but some new solo content is a must just as group content is a must

Spot on! This is great news! As much as i like coop or grouping, I really get into the exploring and Lore of it too, and having solo content that can be played either solo or coop, lets me take my time with that aspect of it, instead of rushing through dialogue. Thank you! :)

I like what we are hearing in this question and answer session. :) Also, Mat Weathers, you did a great job on the ESO Logo. Just perfect. BTW Kudos on such a visually beautiful game too. The whole Art Department you lead must be so talented to have such a stunning outcome. I especially love the creativity of the Wood-Elf (Bosmer) areas so much, but the whole game is fascinating to see..Congratulations! :)

Edited by snowsong on June 17, 2014 1:32AM
    STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snowsong wrote: »
    Rhass wrote: »

Just....Awesome! =D

YAY! i think this update for finding and participating in any dungeon by adjusting everything to the group leader’s level is just awesome too! If we want more of a challenge we can set it to a higher level player by making them group leader and if we are over-powered too badly we can set it to somebody mid-range or something. It creates allot of possibilities for different leveled friends to be an asset instead of a hindrance. :) Thank you! :)

Indeed. Whilst it doesn't address the issue that often arises of players of different levels wanting to play/experience dungeon content (or content otherwise) together, I think it's a step in the right direction.
    If you can be anything, be kind.