Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

64,680,700 Alliance Points Required to get to PvP Rank 50!!!!!!

Spawn
Spawn
✭✭✭
So i since i haven't seen it posted any where else i figure no one has really bothered to work out the formula so i figured i'd do it my self to take a look.

So the table below shows the rank points you need per level and then the total you gained at that level.

PvP Rank |Rank Points Till Next Level |Total Rank Points Gained
0 | 700 | 700
1 | 1600 | 2300
2 | 6400 | 8700
3 | 14400 | 23100
4 | 25600 | 48700
5 | 40000 | 88700
6 | 57600 | 146300
7 | 78400 | 224700
8 | 102400 | 327100
9 | 129600 | 456700
10 | 160000 | 616700
11 | 193600 | 810300
12 | 230400 | 1040700
13 | 270400 | 1311100
14 | 313600 | 1624700
15 | 360000 | 1984700
16 | 409600 | 2394300
17 | 462400 | 2856700
18 | 518400 | 3375100
19 | 577600 | 3952700
20 | 640000 | 4592700
21 | 705600 | 5298300
22 | 774400 | 6072700
23 | 846400 | 6919100
24 | 921600 | 7840700
25 | 1000000 | 8840700
26 | 1081600 | 9922300
27 | 1166400 | 11088700
28 | 1254400 | 12343100
29 | 1345600 | 13688700
30 | 1440000 | 15128700
31 | 1537600 | 16666300
32 | 1638400 | 18304700
33 | 1742400 | 20047100
34 | 1849600 | 21896700
35 | 1960000 | 23856700
36 | 2073600 | 25930300
37 | 2190400 | 28120700
38 | 2310400 | 30431100
39 | 2433600 | 32864700
40 | 2560000 | 35424700
41 | 2689600 | 38114300
42 | 2822400 | 40936700
43 | 2958400 | 43895100
44 | 3097600 | 46992700
45 | 3240000 | 50232700
46 | 3385600 | 53618300
47 | 3534400 | 57152700
48 | 3686400 | 60839100
49 | 3841600 | 64680700

Given its going to take 64,680,700 you would need to get a least ~177k Ap a Day for a whole year to get there, its one hell of a grind, At PvP Rank 24 When you get your rank 10 Assault and support you are just over 10% of the way there.

Have fun, its going to be a long ride.
Edited by Spawn on May 13, 2014 9:56AM
Hexspawn
Officer of Alacrity
Palatine Grade 2 [PvP Rank 36] - Former Emperor
  • Aballister
    Aballister
    ✭✭✭
    That's a lot of wall/door repair kits you can buy :wink:
    Dark Elf Sorc(AD)
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This means they can keep adding end game content in PVP without affecting leveling in the alliance
  • Sanguinantis
    Well, it is said that there will be a lot of improvements for Cyrodiil in the near Future!
    There will be other ways as the common ways today to get some PVP exp.
    So relax, and enjoy the Game!

No need to hurry! Summer is coming anyways! :-)
    Edited by Sanguinantis on May 13, 2014 10:52AM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any fast way to 'grind' PVP levels? Beside join a ZERG?
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow thats way too much I hope your wrong. I want all the skill points available at some point in time and I severely doubt I will ever get them now. It should take the same amount of time as getting to veteran rank 10 without exploiting, then it would still take a long time, but it would be do able to the average man.

That kinda grind reminds me of runescape! ewwww!
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should take the same amount of time as getting to veteran rank 10 without exploiting, then it would still take a long time, but it would be do able to the average man.

a week?
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah getting the 50 Skills points from pvp is not as simple as farming skyshards
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow thats way too much I hope your wrong. I want all the skill points available at some point in time and I severely doubt I will ever get them now. It should take the same amount of time as getting to veteran rank 10 without exploiting, then it would still take a long time, but it would be do able to the average man.

It's not at all too long. It's just about perfect. It provides a character development incentive that can last years while also not hurting those who don't bother very much. Do you really need all 50 PvP rank skyshards? At 270 skill points on one character I'd have enough to do all 3 builds that I'm thinking about, every crafting passive that I'm interested in in every single craft, and every alliance, guild, and world passive that I could use. So I'd probably need ~20 skill points from PvP and considerably less if I focused on 1 build or at least on multiple builds that all use the same 2-3 weapons (instead of all 6).

I think you'll be okay.
    Edited by joshisanonymous on May 14, 2014 2:10AM
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »

Actually the AP farmers dont' join ZERGs. They may fight with them but they stay out of the raid group: MOre AP per kill.

Indeed it is so...
  • Xancathb16_ESO
    Xancathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus people, don't feel like you HAVE to get all 50 levels in pvp, think of it as a way of allowing an endless accumulation of AP.

That exp chart IS appreciated though.
    Edited by Xancathb16_ESO on May 14, 2014 2:16AM
  • limeli8
    limeli8
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Don't join the zerg!

I have to give a credit to AD pack of Vampires with VR10 Night Mistress leading them (seriously VR10 10 days after the official release?).

Night Mistress - v12 Former Empress Sorcerer AD
    Night Mistress II - v12 Night Blade AD
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rank 9 reporting in, and I am just fine with that.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Igolbug
    Igolbug
    ✭✭✭
    so... your saying I could do it in 2 years as long as I have a good night at least once a week.
    Igolbug
    V10 R20 Nightblade Ebonheart Pact
    WABBAJACK since day1!
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    Thanks for the formula. It sounds out of reach for your average player but for a dedicated player (with spare time) its alot closer then you'd think. Now thats what i call a hard earned skill point :)))
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest issue atm is that Rank 24 is only like 10% of the way and besides skill points they don't have rewards for ranks afterwards, which is a bit sad, once you got support and assault maxed nothing to look forward to, maybe a leadership tree link or something might be nice.
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    Spawn wrote: »
    Biggest issue atm is that Rank 24 is only like 10% of the way and besides skill points they don't have rewards for ranks afterwards, which is a bit sad, once you got support and assault maxed nothing to look forward to, maybe a leadership tree link or something might be nice.

I'd imagine not many that reached that milestone as the game is very young. Give it time, im sure they will come up with future rewards as people get closer to it...hopefully...
  • Mange
    Mange
    ✭✭
    Rank 12 reporting in, it's to much and very unrewarding. Cyrodiil was poorly done, bottom line.

It was a terrible idea to have campaign rewards that can be maxed out in a few hours and have them only available every 3 months.

It was a terrible idea to make the gear AP costs (VR10) several days worth of in-game play inside Cyrodiil. You will just seek equal or better gear elsewhere.

It was a terrible idea to think this kind of content would last and that titles alone would be appealing enough to keep players coming out to PVP.
    Edited by Mange on May 14, 2014 3:40PM
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    Mange wrote: »
    Rank 12 reporting in, it's to much and very unrewarding. Cyrodiil was poorly done, bottom line.

It was a terrible idea to have campaign rewards that can be maxed out in a few hours and have them only available every 3 months.

It was a terrible idea to make the gear AP costs (VR10) several days worth of in-game play inside Cyrodiil. You will just seek equal or better gear elsewhere.

It was a terrible idea to think this kind of content would last and that titles alone would be appealing enough to keep players coming out to PVP.

I agree with moast of it. I dont agree on the sets though, everyone and their granda is having a fullset of light/medium/heavy cyrodiil armours in bank/alts since its so easy to get it from bags. It should be somewhat harder to aquire them. They should also remove the reduction vs players and replace it with something as useful in pve as in pvp, i dont care about the pve aspect, its frustrating and poorly made but i am highly against the "vs players bonuses".

The AP prices would be fairly fine if there were no set pieces in bags and if they left the VR level at 10...the dungeon sets are waaay harder to aquire then the RvR sets, even if bought for AP. Once Craglorn comes out you'll find yourself grinding a whole new vr 12 set, be it Craglorn or RvR drop/barter.
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These ranks arent ment to be achieved any time soon, they are a reason to keep playing and a rank to aim for so you never hit that im finished wall.

LOL this actually looks much more obtainable than from their last game. In Dark Age of Camelot more than half of the people never hit Realm Rank 5. At first the cap was Rank 10 and took people 2 years to hit it, then it was raised to rank 13 and finally after 7 years a player named Jeep hit it. 99.999% of players never even came close
  • Sociabear
    Sociabear
    ✭✭
    Do you people have to be rewarded for everything ? Jesus Christ go play a damn FPS.

Enjoy the freakin game, such whiny brats everywhere anymore.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should also remove the reduction vs players and replace it with something as useful in pve as in pvp, i dont care about the pve aspect, its frustrating and poorly made but i am highly against the "vs players bonuses".

Wha?? They've stated multiple times that there were no PvP-specific stats. I find that troubling myself, but you seem to be right if this list is accurate. That was something that bothered me a great deal about games like Warhammer and Rift, particularly when you need to play PvP to earn the gear with the PvP stats, as this puts up a very large barrier for late-comers. Hopefully that 5% damage reduction will remain the de facto cap. That's low enough that I don't think those sets are automatically the best choice for PvP.
    Edited by joshisanonymous on May 14, 2014 10:14PM

• Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taken the top tier players 1 month to get 8 mil, to get 64mil should take like 7-8 if active every day like these people are.

I like the steep curve reminds me of DAoC... just need more prominent alliance ranks shown on enemies like DAoC titles.
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not at all too long. It's just about perfect. It provides a character development incentive that can last years while also not hurting those who don't bother very much. Do you really need all 50 PvP rank skyshards? At 270 skill points on one character I'd have enough to do all 3 builds that I'm thinking about, every crafting passive that I'm interested in in every single craft, and every alliance, guild, and world passive that I could use. So I'd probably need ~20 skill points from PvP and considerably less if I focused on 1 build or at least on multiple builds that all use the same 2-3 weapons (instead of all 6).

I think you'll be okay.
    Heck yeah I want all those skill points! I like to get everything done. I think today I played for like 6 hours and got like 30k ap. This is going to take way too long if its 64m ap for rank 50. Its not like im not doing anything while im playing either, I assaulted and defended pretty much every keep during that time. It was an intense day of pvp!

I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Mendoze
    Mendoze
    ✭✭✭
    Heh, that sure is a lot :smile: But I think daily AP gains will raise when people are getting to higher pvp levels. At least I have vague memory that higher level people give more AP. So maybe in few months 100k AP per day is not such a feat anymore.
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    They should also remove the reduction vs players and replace it with something as useful in pve as in pvp, i dont care about the pve aspect, its frustrating and poorly made but i am highly against the "vs players bonuses".

Wha?? They've stated multiple times that there were no PvP-specific stats. I find that troubling myself, but you seem to be right if this list is accurate. That was something that bothered me a great deal about games like Warhammer and Rift, particularly when you need to play PvP to earn the gear with the PvP stats, as this puts up a very large barrier for late-comers. Hopefully that 5% damage reduction will remain the de facto cap. That's low enough that I don't think those sets are automatically the best choice for PvP.

If it was only the 5%....check this set out:

Bastion of the Heartland

(3 items) Adds 75 Max Health
    (4 items) Reduce damage taken from players by 5%
    (5 items) Reduce damage taken from siege weapons and player AoE spells by 20%
    *Requires Veteran Rank 10 (bag purchase)
    *Heavy Armor

I can confirm the set is in game, in fac i got multiple drops of all the pieces in pvp bags and own a full set myself. You can see it at the hevy armour vendor in cyrodiil once you hit vr1.

EDIT: and so goes for any other pvp set in that list you linked, they are in game :D
    Edited by popatiberiuoneb18_ESO on May 15, 2014 1:49PM
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvp lvls seem to go fairly quickly for me. im 14 i think and i only pvp on the weekends for a couple hours a night.

just stop zerging and you wont feel like its a grind.
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure in the future they will add some more rewards, i just hope it doesn't take to long, i already know a few players that are discouraged slightly from pvping because they are past the point of decent rewards besides skill points.
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, i look forward to a real daoc style pvp reward system
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you'll be okay.
    Heck yeah I want all those skill points! I like to get everything done. I think today I played for like 6 hours and got like 30k ap. This is going to take way too long if its 64m ap for rank 50. Its not like im not doing anything while im playing either, I assaulted and defended pretty much every keep during that time. It was an intense day of pvp![/quote]

Good, so I guess you'll be sticking around for a while. Ya know, to make sure to satisfy your completionist OCD. :smile:

• Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Killing a zerg. :smiley:

Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/