The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Combatting Gold Spammers on the Forums

• Abornazyne
    demonxzj
  • Lalaeith
    Lalaeith
    ✭✭✭
    gfbhdgsdf sent you a message
  • ttwinklerub17_ESO
    I for one thing would like Zenimax to fix the chat Ignore list
    limited? WTH?
    seems to me It should be set to ignore as many as you like - and grow as you go along
    - not like it has to be server side either - it can filter based on a list stored on your computer

then at least we can keep filtering the sammmers
  • maneatingmonkey

trretretertre and sdsdasdsf
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    I had mail from the following.. took screenshots too. They've been advertising the GOLDAH.. lol. I will add more daily as I get more mail from them.

@‌trianakwv
    @junnijy

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZoS_JessicaFolsom
    Ok.. so how exactly did this post end up in the Dev tracker? Is he a dev without the logo?
    Edited by Darlgon on April 30, 2014 12:22PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    I had mail from the following.. took screenshots too. They've been advertising the GOLDAH.. lol. I will add more daily as I get more mail from them.

@‌trianakwv
    @junnijy

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZoS_JessicaFolsom
    Ok.. so how exactly did this post end up in the Dev tracker? Is he a dev without the logo?

The post is tagged "Developer".
  • Ashenangel
    Ashenangel
    ✭✭
    i have got many gold spammers through my mail box i just report and block works for me:)
    The worlds gone to hell in a hand basket >:)
  • bit.ferret_ESO
    jshdjshdjsa sent you a message
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@‌trianakwv
    @junnijy
    @ZOS_TristanK, how did this post get added to Dev Tracker?
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

@‌trianakwv
    @junnijy

It has flag "Developer" set, which triggers it to appear on Dev Tracker.
  • Hjarngrim
    Hjarngrim
    ✭✭

"http://www............
    is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    100K G = 17 USD Instant Delivery.
    This company has very good reputation, selling in-game currencies since 2005.
    100% Handwork Guaranteed!
    7/24 Customer Service!

• betbill2b14_ESO
    This is my first post on these forums, how did they get my name in the first place? Is there some name database they were able to exploit? I do understand the actual mailing was through PM's but how the hell did they get all the names to begin with?

Sounds like a bad database security breach to me.

ghreterter sent you a message
    XXX.XXXXX.XXX
    7/24 Customer Service!
    XXX.XXXXX.XXX
    April 29

Web site name redacted.
  • habs10
    habs10
    sdsdasdsf sent you a message
  • priecher
    priecher
    Soul Shriven
    gfbhdgsdf and demonxzj
  • Bansheedragon
    Bansheedragon
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ Hey can you ban this admin for encouraging them to name and shame?

I know it's to speed it up but if your breaking your own rules here wheres the line going to be drawn next time?

Really????
    [/quote]
    <I removed all your extra blank lines>
    Indeed. I'm all for getting rid of these gold sellers on the forums and in game, but when you start breaking rules to "make something faster" it becomes a slippery slope. I imagine this would have been just as fast to have us PM them the names instead of publicly posting them here...
    [/quote]
    We are talking about gold seller here. Do you really think a gold seller care about being shamed?

If they really cared about what we think about them, they would not be spamming us with all the crap we are getting...

Sorry but for me, i have no sympathy for gold seller ... They can rot for eternity in the deepest hole of earth with only their crap for comfort.[/quote]

I have no sympathy for gold sellers either, the problem is when it's not gold sellers but some other group they "speed up the process" for ...

breaking the rules here sets a precedent that they can be broken for convenience which I do not agree with.

The rules of the forum are set up to protect us, the customers. When they violate them in order to make their lives easier it hurts us and it hurts them.[/quote]

Perhaps its time for you to educate yourself about this situation rather than sprouting your misinformation all over this thread.

Nobody is breaking any rules here.
    It was specifically said that they made n exception to the rule in this particular case due to very special circumstances.

The gold sellers are not customers that needs to be protected in any way, they are a menace, a cancer, that needs to be removed.

I dont see how we as customers are being hurt by ZOS asking us to gt rid of something that is in fact hurting legitimate players.

If you have a better suggestions then by all mens share it, otherwise I suggest you keep quite because right now you are only making a fool of yourself with your ignorant comments.

Unless of course you would prefer that the gold sellers just run rampant on both the forums and ingame, in which case your comment makes sense.
    But that would hurt the customers and the game even more.

To be perfectly honest your comments almost makes it sound to me like you are somehow trying to defend the gold sellers, while trying to make it look as if you are not.
    And just to make it clear, its not an accusation, only an observation based on your comments.
  • Cacus
    Cacus
    ✭✭✭
    gfbhdgsdf
  • Zohdi118
    Zohdi118
    Soul Shriven
    Sender: ESO Community <community@elderscrollsonline.com>
    Sender: ESO Community <community=elderscrollsonline.com@vanillaforums.com>
    Subject: [Elder Scrolls Online] sdsdasdsf sent you a message
    Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 17:47:40 +0000

sdsdasdsf sent you a message

xxx.xxxxx.xxx
    7/24 Customer Service!
    xxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Edited by Zohdi118 on April 30, 2014 2:43PM
  • dwaightb16_ESO
    fgfdgdgfr sent you a message
  • apio
    apio
    Soul Shriven
    This is what I got:

yuytuiytut sent you a message

7/24 Customer Service!

Moderator Edit: Removed URL of gold site.
    Edited by ZOS_AmeliaR on April 30, 2014 4:57PM
  • apio
    apio
    Soul Shriven
    This is another one: gfbhdgsdf sent you a message
  • Lasse
    Lasse
  • QaDar
    QaDar
    ✭✭
    got a mail from jshdjshdjsa, after checking his/her page seems you allready banned him/her...
  • Halwinston
    Halwinston
    Soul Shriven
    [Elder Scrolls Online] rerereree sent you a message
    [Elder Scrolls Online] hjhgjrtyrtyrt sent you a message

Same message on both

7/24 Customer Service!

Moderator Edit: Removed URL of gold site.
    Edited by ZOS_AmeliaR on April 30, 2014 4:57PM
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    dewrewfg

Edit :// Was notification
    Edited by Banumu on April 30, 2014 4:36PM
  • Bero2008
    Bero2008
    Soul Shriven
    yuytuiytut
  • Tolodine
    Tolodine
    Soul Shriven
    sdjhdsjhsj is the name I saw in the email
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reymas wrote: »
    Well, silver lining, it means the gold-spammers are getting desperate.
    No this means they believe they can do whatever they like with impunity!

• tel_los
    tel_los
    Soul Shriven
    (hjhgjrtyrtyrt) i have to say i like this name and shame just wish i was informed that this was here instead of finding it on reddit
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

@‌trianakwv
    @junnijy

It has flag "Developer" set, which triggers it to appear on Dev Tracker.

It was most likely tagged that way, because the PM's I am receiving are appearing in my IN-GAME mailbox. Not my actual email through the forums. I keep reporting them all over and over again, but they keep sending them every day. There are also two names being associated with each account. So now I am going to be keeping track of this. Wish there was a block user button available in the in-game mail settings.

Therefore Developers may need to know about it so they can fix their system. But I am not a Developer. I was a Beta tester and a regular gamer like every one else.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Harva
    Harva
    ✭✭✭

WWW.*****.COM
    7/24 Customer Service!
    WWW.*****.COM
    April 29

Why does it say "Invited by ZOS_AmeliaR" on the spammers profile?
    Edited by Harva on April 30, 2014 6:56PM