Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PATCH NOTES V.1.1 Inc. Craglorn - From PTS

• Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    Aoe cap you guys mad? you trying to kill Pvp?
  • allexpro
    allexpro
    I did download the PTS but i cant login. It say "Your login information was incorrect. Please try again." Someone can say what need to play in PTS?
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kingslayer wrote: »

After watching a DK vampire/Sword and Board take fight 30 people because vampire bats kept them up. AOE cap is pretty nice and needed.

Nice changes. I was pretty mad about many stuff, but looks like you guys are on the right path.

• Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    allexpro wrote: »
    I did download the PTS but i cant login. It say "Your login information was incorrect. Please try again." Someone can say what need to play in PTS?

PTS is currently closed off except to a certain group of testers. It will be for everyone most likely after Craglorn is live.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • allexpro
    allexpro
    Carde wrote: »

PTS is currently closed off except to a certain group of testers. It will be for everyone most likely after Craglorn is live.

Thank you for information buddy
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carde wrote: »

Thank you for information buddy

np. First crack at Craglorn was a "thank you" for the long term test group.

PTS will officially become the open PTR soon.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • andrequina13eb17_ESO
    They are not changing issues that is causing people to rage and affect gameplay immensily.
    _Bolt Escape is still at large and spammable.
    _Vampire Mist is still at large and spammable. It removes your faction icon and health bar making you pratically invisible and immune in a spammable fashion.
    _Both of these can still be spammed while carrying a scroll.
    _AOE damage is still too powerful overall.
    _Vampire Swarm is still too powerfull since it can be used while spamming Vampire mist for immunity.

What a nerf loving carebear you are huh? lol... gotta love you people.

Bolt escape and vampire mist are spammable yes... well until you run out of mana - like stamina is to Bash :) only of course they dont kill people in 3 or 4 hits and stun lock. And... about AoE damage (same for Bar Swarm) how about you get out of AoE area hm? I'm pretty sure its a good idea... but no... you want the game to be bent according to your gaming ineptitude.

All classes have op combinations... why do you want nerf only 2 of them. Oh yes, because you're probably neither a sorcerer nor a vampire - and since you complain so much about AoEs and those 2 skills in particular, I could almost bet you're a heavy armor melee user... (who curiously enough shuts up about shield bash, destruction staff wielding dragon knights and insanely op templars)

Learn to play and let people have fun, ask for stuff for your own class instead of asking for the removal of other people's stuff...

Oh and get out of the AoEs

BTW... ZENIMAX - AOE CAP IS BS - DAOC NEVER HAD THIS CRAP, WHAT GIVES?
    (and no, I'm not a sorc - I just think its plain stupid since I know how to get out of AoEs)

lol you're too much fun, you're always that arrogant or just on the internet? Gotta love you wannabe's. I'm a vampire nightblade dual wield, you should clean your crystal ball.

Some people can be impartial you know? PVP has deep issues that could be further normalized in order to make things more fun. Games are meant to be that, fun. Running around spamming AOE doesn't require a learntoplay degree, its just bad mechanics that should be fixed. Makes it too easy, boring. Good for people who want to feel powerful in order to overcompensate for something else I'm sure.I have no need for that, maybe you do.

Thanks for reminding me about shield bashing canceling animations exploit. They should fix that too.

Want me to say something to nerf about my class, nightblade? For some reason they are not very popular amongst the pvp players, maybe it's because they are not good for AOE.

Nightblades could use a nerf in Piercing Mark, unaware players are dead with little to no chance of reacting if a Nightblade attacks them properly. If they were on horse then they have no chance.

I agree that AOE cap is pretty absurd. AOE are abilities that affect many players, therefore should be low on damage, quite low really. They're not, they are very strong on damage and you see big groups of people just spamming it alongside with roots. Just because I can avoid AOE's doesn't make it less retarted to watch.

Lowering their damage substantially should be a good solution, combining aoe's would still be very strong considering the amount of people you can gather in cyrodiil.

• worfmasta
    worfmasta

After watching a DK vampire/Sword and Board take fight 30 people because vampire bats kept them up. AOE cap is pretty nice and needed.

Nice changes. I was pretty mad about many stuff, but looks like you guys are on the right path.
    Now they will bring more PPL = more stupid Zerg.
    Killing Smallmen/Solo Gameplay and forcing the Players to Zerg.
    Edited by worfmasta on April 26, 2014 11:05AM
  • ragamerb16_ESO
    ragamerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I really, really, really expect 2 things regarding this:

- "Account Watermark" return for PTS Clients so Videos about beating strats require SOME live gameplay... The longer spoilers take to appear the longer group content lasts. OFC, coupled with the mandatory return of NDA regarding limited Testing, which just judging at this thread is not in place.

- For the Love of everything sacred... Implement a lockdown timer on the Trials... Or the new content will last less than a week before it's beaten and farmed. If reseting them is as trivial to do as with the current dungeons you will get:

a) Impossible to beat timers... Just reset at the very moment "something goes wrong and screw the record".

b) Trivialize the loss of a "Soul Charge". Just reset until you get "enough" for the harder fight on the Trial.

c) Obviously the gear grind will be a matter of days... And this assuming ZOS Devs have learned something from the past (Sincerely... Sometimes seems they are proud of falling in well-known pitfalls regarding Multiplayer Content/Interactions) and do not make the mistake of sharing the loot list between all bosses (Translated to... "Farm the 1st Boss and reset" behaviour).

The above "scary" scenarios coupled with the horrible support for instanced group activities (Talking about this requires its own thread) will undoubtly result in massive complains about conflicting behaviours while attempting Trials in "different ways".

EDIT: The Lockdown timer can be whatever ZOS need to achieve the delicate balance between longevity of the content versus idle time of ppl interested into such content but...

...At least it should be the slowest run intended for each Trial to encourage that ppl entering one tries to finish it, instead of jumping aboard at the first contingence.
    Edited by ragamerb16_ESO on April 26, 2014 11:12AM
  • Firmament
    Firmament
    ✭✭
    Goodbye NB I am rerolling my alt as DK.
    Edited by Firmament on April 26, 2014 11:06AM
  • Moraisu
    Moraisu
    So...

- No True FullScreen;
    - No Adjustable First Person Field of View
    - No improvment to the AA filter
    - No 64bit client

The first two where promised two months ago, but fixing bugs is more important than allowing me to play in First Person View without suffering from motion sickness. And, besides, there allready is a .exe to fix that but that also screws with the third person view, but that's ok.

I would rather have a patch to fix the bugs first then a patch to add more content as having both in the same update is obviously extending the release date for said patch.

Zenimax Online, yes, we would like some content... but the enormous amount of quest blocking bugs are preventing players from even reaching veteran content, so... first fix the bugs, then add new stuff (that will eventually be realeased with more bugs, this is a Bethesda game, after all).
    Edited by Moraisu on April 26, 2014 11:09AM
  • South_of_Heaven
    South_of_Heaven
    ✭✭✭

AOE caps? Seriously? Can't think of better ways to balance some certain skills?
    Well, they are digging their own grave what can I say.
  • amonengelb16_ESO
    amonengelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax PLEASE don't create AoE caps! I left GuildWars 2 due to restrictive mechanics and now they come to TESO! They block every kind of tactics to fight a zerg in AvA efficiently ...
    A chalice. Bound to be filled with your tears of salt.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like aoe caps, They are very much needed. I don't want AOE to get nerfed in damage. Instead a cap is a nice way of doing things. Zerg vs Zerg is fine, and having one person able to tank 30 people is pretty bs.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firmament wrote: »
    Goodbye NB I am rerolling my alt as DK.

I can't really read it all without my eyes bleeding. What are they nerfing on NB?
  • grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive patch notes. As I'm taking my time to get to level 50, I don't feel immediately concerned by their priorities but I can easily understand why. They have a roadmap and this list shows that they are working hard on their game. I won't spend too much time on the forums anymore, as I as don't see them as an opportunity to actively take part into the game development. Not to say that it should: It's their choice and I respect that. They seem to have a plan. And that's already good news.
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
  • Mephiston87
    Mephiston87
    ✭✭
    We need this content asap.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see that ZOS is continually stomping bugs. I'm optimistic.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited cuz im dumb
    Edited by Fairydragon3 on April 26, 2014 1:12PM
  • Vonatar
    Vonatar
    Soul Shriven
    Hope the fixes to helmets for Khajiits will now make your character's earrings disappear when you show the helmet. I hate that I can never wear a helmet because my character's earrings are always showing through the helmet.
  • chrho83rwb17_ESO
    chrho83rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven

AoE capping everything is not the solution here. There are certain combinations which cause problems and need work.
    I'm a vamp myself but I think the stage 4 passive should only effect Magicka cost reduction, not the Ultimate. I would also suggest to have a cap for Ultima gain per cast so that you cant just spam Ultimates if you are surrounded by Enemies. These two and the problem is sorted.
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    Capping an ability like bats is warranted... capping all aoe will nail the door shut on pvp for many. WAR/GW2 all over again... /yawn
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    I think I remember the devs saying there would be a conter for everything in the game. Since Dragonknights have the only DoT immobilizing CC in the game (Darktalons) that cannot be blocked, countered or affected by CC immunity skill like immovable can you at least make all other class CC uncounterable as well for balance?

Since every Dragonknight is against bringing this uniquely overpowered skill into balance just buff all CC in the game to not be counterable or affected by CC immunity skills like Darktalons.
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Its time to talk about Dark Talons. This skill is without a doubt the most broken ability in the game. It is, perhaps, the most broken ability in the history of MMOs.

What is Dark Talons? Well its a smart AoE immobilize with damage over time and a powerful synergy. It can lock down a massive group of enemy player, damage them, and allow team mates to destroy them even more. The amount of AoE synergies that work with this are astounding.

It cannot be blocked. It cannot be CC broken. It cannot be prevented with immunity like Immovable.

If you dodge roll out of it (the only way to escape immobilize) then you can be instantly placed back into it. Why? Because the ability has a range (circular, so radius) of 8 meters and is auto/smart snare.

Dodge roll doesn't take you 8 meters. So what's a good DK to do? If anyone dodge rolls out of Dark Talons, he just presses the ability again. Does he have to aim? Nope. Is there any way for the player to prevent it? Nope. Does the first dodge roll give him immunity to a second application? Nope.

So why is this different than other CC? "Encase" from the Sorcs Dark Magick tree is a good immobilize too right? Well the difference is that Encase is easy to avoid. If you get Encased, you can dodge roll to the left, right, or through the player. In order to reapply, they would have to quickly whip around and aim at you. Not so with Dark Talons. Just press a button, no player skill (or thinking beyond Pavlovian dog reflexes) is needed. You can use this to instantly blow through a players stamina, because two dodge rolls is going to leave them practically unable to block or CC break.

This one ability is making DKs the best Tanks, the best DPS, and the best overall class to have in group PvP.

I know some very high level DKs who have taken to calling this ability "Broken Talons." I stole the title from @Obscure‌ by the way.

Basically, right now, if you're playing a DK and not using Broken Talons, you're doing it wrong.

Everyone who knows there stuff and was in the closed Beta told ZOS about this ability and its imbalance repeatedly. Usually it was said with heavy sarcasm and rolling eyes. It was a bit of a joke.

We thought, "hey, they're smart. They've built a great CC system because they understand how important it is to get CC right. There's no way they're going to let this one slide."

We assumed the ability would be reworked prior to launch because how could it not be? We gave ZOS the benefit of the doubt because it seemed so obvious.

Now the game is out and it seems that they've taken all the lessons they learned and applied to the entire CC system and thrown them out the window with regards to one ability. This ability cannot be blocked, prevented, countered, ect. The only thing you can do is not be near them.

For me, as a sorc, that's not that bad actually. I can Bolt Escape away and THEN dodge roll, which takes me past 8 meters. But if you're a NB or a Temp? Good luck. You're perma locked if these guys ever get near you.

So how do you fix it?

Well there's several options and a mix would probably be best.

1. Increase the cost of Dark Talons to make it less spammable.
    2. Make it so that dodge rolling out of an immobilize grants CC immunity for a short duration, just like the CC break system currently does.
    3. Reduce the radius of Dark Talons so that a dodge roll takes you out of it unless the DK moves in your direction.

Lets get it done ZOS. Dragon Knights Online isn't going to be a fun game for your other 3 classes.
  • Striken7
    Striken7
    ✭✭✭
    They are not changing issues that is causing people to rage and affect gameplay immensily.
    _Bolt Escape is still at large and spammable.
    _Vampire Mist is still at large and spammable. It removes your faction icon and health bar making you pratically invisible and immune in a spammable fashion.
    _Both of these can still be spammed while carrying a scroll.
    _AOE damage is still too powerful overall.
    _Vampire Swarm is still too powerfull since it can be used while spamming Vampire mist for immunity.
    _Horses disappearing making us dismount ALL THE TIME is still an issue. An issue they said they fixed before launch and it's still there.
    _Getting out of combat is still an unknown mechanic, sometimes we get out of combat being able to re-sneak very quickly, other times it takes forever even if you are in the middle of nowhere alone.
    _Animations fixes don't include stuck animations that prevent you from casting anything unless you press ESC.
    _Weapon Swap still is unresponsive.
    These issues would change pvp gameplay tremendously and remain completely untouched.

Hopefully the pay attention to posts like this and not just the people currently abusing the broken mechanics who don't want anything changed. Unfortunately ZOS does not have a good track record at, well, anything. They are clearly very amateur at MMO's and it shows.

Tip: Ignoring all the things other MMO's do right just because you want to be "different" is only making your game worse.

• l4m3r
    l4m3r
    ✭✭✭
    Sry i make a mistake...
    Edited by l4m3r on April 26, 2014 4:13PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont pvp.

Spammable talions is what lets me buy time for dragons blood and pots to work.

Im already horribly magicka inefficient.

No.
  • WylieCoyote1511
    WylieCoyote1511
    ✭✭✭
    So where is the full screen mode??

Apologies if I missed it in the notes.
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTF ZOS???

FIX/BALANCE THE DAMM NB CLASS!!!

• Thorwal
    Thorwal
    ✭✭✭
    Are there patch notes in French and German language?

Handelsgilde Tamriel Basar
    http://www.tamriel-basar.de