The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP advice

PrimalThought
Do you receive experience points while doing PvP?

I am asking as at the moment I am slowly levelling 3 characters and as yet haven't played any of the PvP at all.

At the moment I seem to be about 2-3 levels above any quest I am doing, on any character, and the ease is getting a little too easy for me - and that's being an average player too.

I don't want to go in to Cyrodiil, gain even further levels, then come back out and be maybe 5-6 levels above quests I am currently doing.

So my question is: Do you gain experience while in Cyrodiil, or is that some other sort of currency?

Thanks

Edited by PrimalThought on April 22, 2014 9:40PM
  • Kamosabe
    Kamosabe
    yes, but you level extremely slow in pvp, so dont worry.

in addition you earn parallel pvp currency, its used to buy pvp siege weapons mostly.

also you level a pvp rank, giving you further skillpoints and opening two new skill trees.
    Edited by Kamosabe on April 23, 2014 12:41AM
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you do get XP but, as Kamosabe said, it is incredibly slow.

I'm seeing what it's like levelling purely in PvP on one of my alts and it's currently PvP rank 8 at level 14.

Also as Kamosabe said, for every PvP rank you get you earn a skillpoint so it does pay off.

Plus you get a ton of gear thrown at you which is great for crafting or selling.
  • PrimalThought
    Thanks guys, much appreciated.