The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear ZoS - We appreciate the public apology on the Mistaken Bans. Thank you!

• ZRage
    ZRage
    ✭✭✭
    So mods can we get a lock on this thread? You guys already apologized publicly twice now yet doesnt seem to be enough. People throwing troll around should go look in the mirror. Trolling the CSRs calling them all kinds of names and demanding apologies etc is considered trolling in my book. Even after they basically capitulate in front of you guys thats still not good enough.

You get unfairly banned in some game where you put some dedication to it and suddenly you will turn troll by your own book.
    Edited by ZRage on April 19, 2014 7:53PM
  • Mace
    Mace
    ✭✭
    Ironclap wrote: »
    A few false positives is a small price to pay for getting rid of exploiters

Agreed.
    Even though I was one of the false positives o.O
    Masce
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a class action lawsuit in the making.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    You know it takes two people to fight? If you cant hold your tongue maybe you shouldnt be here.

I do agree that you are correct in the fact that this thread has ran it's course. I will now edit the topic to see if I can get a mod to close it. Thanks for your input.
    Edited by Kyotee0071 on April 19, 2014 7:59PM
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• Shillen
    Shillen
    ✭✭✭
    Miezi wrote: »
    Interesting text there, but no word on a compensation of lost gaming time or for hours of trouble trying to get their customer support contacted in a way they actually grasp ?

You want them to add 12 hours of game time to your account? Give me a break.
    Please LOL my comments. I'm an aspiring comedian.
  • Chomag
    Chomag
    ✭✭✭
    Will ZOS apologize for the terrible game as well ?
  • Molek
    Molek
    Soul Shriven
    +1
  • Mauzi
    Mauzi
    ✭✭
    Just to point this out, as so many people seem to think otherwise....the Terms of Service you agree to every time you click the "play" button states at its most basic that Zenimax "owes" you nothing insofar as your account goes. Accidentally suspended? Oops. Here. We'll reactivate.
    Oh, you think you were doing nothing wrong? Well, we do, and we don't have to explain ourselves to you.
    I strongly suggest people READ the Terms of Service carefully, ...

This only would be accurate if the ToS were overriding international and national laws, but they don't. Which is why most of what's in today's MMOs ToS is illegal in many countries and thus utterly moot, what counts firstly is your local customer rights which at least here in EU go far beyond the usual ToS (which includes ESO ToS), no matter how much they'd try to make you believe it'd be different. It's the informed customer that wins here - provided he lives in the right countries.

So, take ToS, EULA, etc. with a grain of salt and inform yourself about the actual rights you have, then you are set. Reminding the gaming companies on this fact once a while doesn't hurt either, so they won't be acting godlike. Important to add is that such is no behavior that ZOS has shown so far, and I shall hope that it remains like this.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kyotee0071 wrote: »

I have never been banned, reprimanded, suspended from any game or forum until last night. It was shocking. It was also shocking that so many forum users were posting things like "great you most likely deserved it".. "I for one am glad they at least banned someone", "In my experience if you were banned you were guilty.". It's not an easy pill to swallow. I promise.

I know better now. I know that innocent people can be banned, and have to fight for their account back. It's not a pleasant feeling being called a "cheater/exploiter/botter" when you know you are 100 % innocent. I promise.

As easily as it hit many of us, it could very well be you next time. Or your best friend, your girlfriend, your wife/husband, favorite "guildy", or anyone close to you. Someone you know for a fact never cheated in any way.

Then maybe folks won't be so quick to judge others and condemn them.

I know my lesson was learned after last night. I just hope you don't have to experience it as well.

"If it could happen to me, it could happen to anyone" rings very true here. As I didn't expect to ever be banned in my life.
    A bit late response, but just wanted to say I could sign under every word there.
    I really, REALLY feel for you.
    It became exceptionally good when my forum account got banned, too, and I could still see all the crap some people spat at us but wasn't even able to respond, to try to defend myself.
    I guess we shouldn't let them get to us, though. Idiots exist in every population, sad as it is. I'm glad my acc was restored, glad your acc was restored, and just hope they didn't ruin your mood for too long, you seem like a nice person^^

Just wanted to say it =)
    Edited by Magdalina on April 20, 2014 8:31AM
  • Rantog
    Rantog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyotee0071 wrote: »
    ^^^ If they have an employee of the month ^^^ JessicaFolsom should win :smiley:

If they have an employee of the month program, it will be the same people getting it in rotation - since the beginning.

Go read the Glassdoor reviews for Zenimax.
    They are cliquish, the higher management flaunts their extreme wealth while those beneath them earn Less than the industry norm, and are limited to 10 days of vacation / year, from which they must draw any Sick days they need....

And apparently, there is a serious issue with discrimination and bullying toward anyone with weight issues.
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Ye Be Judged

Having been one of the players who was wrongfully suspended, trolled for it here and am now back, I think the lesson we can learn is that the ESO customer support forum could use less trolling and more support.

If a few extra nasty players need to be banned to make the forums and community more friendly and less toxic, that's a price I'm willing to pay.

Here's hoping, for the sake of the game, ZOS is willing to pay it too.
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • Rantog
    Rantog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ironclap wrote: »
    A few false positives is a small price to pay for getting rid of exploiters

Except there seems to have been No reduction in gold spam, teleport hack harvesters, or bots.

In fact, the dungeons from 15-30 now tend to have around 10 bots each where they used to have 3-5, and everyone is complaining that they keep having to empty their ignore lists.

Each time they do a "mass ban" the problem gets worse - meanwhile they refuse to hire an Untrained crew to do nothing but sit at a terminal and click to Ban anyone offering to sell gold or giving links to gold sites - which wouldn't solve the problem Long Term... but Would get them the hell out of our game experience.
    Edited by Rantog on April 20, 2014 8:48AM
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    For the folks that still say "If you were banned, you had to be doing something wrong or cheating, and deserved it"...Please have a dose of this for a reality check:[img][/img]QBoZyP5.jpg

It was a very heartfelt response from their customer service department. I'm happy to see they are working hard to figure out what caused innocent folks to be banned. I have faith in this company.

Please don't be so apt to jump to conclusions on all the people banned by mistake.

Just sharing this so maybe some of you will not be so quick to judge, and make snide comments about folks you know nothing about.

Have a great day.

Edited by Kyotee0071 on April 20, 2014 3:07PM
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• christian.griffinb16_ESO
    That public apology is the very first intelligent move I've seen Zenimax make in this whole debacle of a game launch. Disgust replaced with cautious optimism.
  • randomaffliction66
    randomaffliction66
    ✭✭✭
    Yay they apologized now if only they actually fixed the problem.
    Brave New World.