The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Auto-sheathe (auto-"hide" weapon) addon?

Bob
Bob
✭✭✭
Is it possible to Auto-sheathe after combat, or not right after combat but with 10-15sec delay?

Can anyone make it?
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Auto sheathe is already present as part of Wykkd Framework (and ton of other usefull feautures too-but if you dont like them -its higly customizable)
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info8-WykkydsFramework.html
    Edited by Kemono on April 8, 2014 2:10AM
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    I tried, it dont work for me! :(
  • Kraeius
    Kraeius
    ✭✭
    Bob, after you make it "ON", reload UI with /reloadui command.
    RAETIA InfoHub | @Kraeius (PC - EU Megaserver)
  • Shayde
    Shayde
    I believe you can already do this in game without addons. Check your keybindings, but mine is 'Z'
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob wrote: »
    Is it possible to Auto-sheathe after combat, or not right after combat but with 10-15sec delay?

Can anyone make it?
    I didnt think Zeni allowed add ons that automate the game.
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭

Can anyone make it?

What do you mean? This is only sheathe, it's even not the skill lol.
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Shayde wrote: »
    I believe you can already do this in game without addons. Check your keybindings, but mine is 'Z'

And advice from Captain Obvious! o:)
    Thank you Captain! ;)

• Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can anyone make it?

Yes but it is still automation which is bannable.
  • BlackTinuviel
    You used to be able to, now I'm not sure. It may have been removed from the public API, which would explain why @Wykkyd 's is failing. If Zenimax exposes it through the API, then they probably don't consider it automation worth suppressing. If they removed it, then you're SOL
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't removed from the API. The problem is the limitations of the API. There is 1 single command in regards to sheathing weapons:

ToggleWield()

Wykkyd's Framework has an "auto-sheath" that says, "after combat ToggleWield()"

I plan to go in and work up a convoluted routine for figuring out if you have done something that SHOULD have FORCED you to wield. But... it's still not going to be perfect until they improve the API.

If there was a "detect wield" call, it would be easy. There isn't. If there was an event that fired when you started wielding, it would be easy. I haven't found one yet.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can anyone make it?

Yes but it is still automation which is bannable.
    It's not automation.
  • stjobe
    stjobe
    ✭✭
    If you're just looking for auto-sheathe and nothing else, try this:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info256-StowItAuto-Sheather.html

As Wykkyd says, it's not trivial to make a "proper" auto-sheathe addon due to limitations in the API:
    1. The API fires an event upon entering combat, but not on leaving combat.
    2. There's no event or API method to discern if weapons are wielded or sheathed.
    3. There's no discrete "draw" or "sheath" API commands, just a "draw/sheathe" toggle.