The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Liberation of Northpoint - bugged for days.

• Auranest
    Auranest
    Soul Shriven
    If you can't get past this quest, I'd suggest you head over the Alik'r and farm the Ra-Netu until around 30-34 which would be high enough to quest with comfort in the Alik'r. Doesn't take long either.
  • Absynthe
    Absynthe
    ✭✭
    Same problem with this quest for me also. Just chiming in, not that it appears needed at this point. :p
    Edited by Absynthe on June 4, 2014 7:31PM
    Leonine Tigeress
  • ericpeterson.reallyub17_ESO
    Yay they fixed Molag Bol today. Any chance a fix for this is coming today?
  • adino
    adino
    ✭✭
    I totally get that you cannot have a bug free MMO. I totally get that and I also think there is too much QQing going on. However, for there to be bugs on Molag Bal or any part of a storyline quest on a game driven by quests just seems horrible.

If this was a different type of game, yeah sure go farm mobs go kill this or that or just go do some achievements. Not this game. And even if you could do those other things to have this bug since April 5th is quite frankly insulting. Literally almost 2 months.

I can no longer defend this game.

I tried everything. Nothing works. I have filed 11 bug reports and none of them are this bad and have gotten zero response. ZERO. Yeah I understand you guys are up to your ears in bug reports but no response on 11 reports in two weeks is poor customer service. It is horrific customer service.
  • loudent
    loudent
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, a progression blocking quest bug? You have time to nerf Templars but you can't fix this?

What are we paying $15 a month for? to twiddle our thumbs while a quest blocks progression? This bug has been around for more than a month and nothing has been done about it
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We're preparing a hotfix for this, and hope to push it out in the morning. We'll keep you updated.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • scott.kassubenub18_ESO
    scott.kassubenub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    We're preparing a hotfix for this, and hope to push it out in the morning. We'll keep you updated.

Great, then if its not fixed tomorrow, I cancel my subscription until you fix it and send me a personal apology for wasting my money and my time.

• Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to abandon Rivenspire last night, have done every thing possible in the area so travelled to Wayrest and took the boat across the bay to Alik'r.

Aah, the sun on my back accompanied by the sound of zombies chomping corpses, delightful.

On a serious note, that's three nights spent tripping backwards and forwards to Northpoint trying to get the quest to fire, I raised three levels by kicking the snot out of zombies and gargoyles for something to do.

When I finally get to do the quest I'll probably be too high a level to pick up any loot, and we wants out loot Precious yesssssss.
    Edited by Lunerdog on June 5, 2014 2:09AM
  • ZaRahaj
    ZaRahaj
    Soul Shriven
    Still bugged....
    Za'Rahaj Tavakhir Guild Leader of Two Moons Grace
  • kentackis
    kentackis
    Soul Shriven
    Confirmed just now - zombies still eating Darien, still bugged. It's been 2 days since i stop playing eso, just logging to check is it resolved. Can't continue to other vet zones, do not want to grind, i wanna do questing.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix this, pretty please with a sweetie roll?
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, whatever hotfix you guys did, it didn't work as today, still bugged, and also, if it was actually fixed, you guys are not listening to your player base when we told you this is getting bugged cause of players running out when the event starts. Listen to the people that is actually playing your game, cause is obvious that no one on your hotfix team know anything about your game. This is a main story line quest that stop progression, not a dinky ding side quest.
  • Kingteranas
    Kingteranas
    Soul Shriven
    Iorail wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, whatever hotfix you guys did, it didn't work as today, still bugged, and also, if it was actually fixed, you guys are not listening to your player base when we told you this is getting bugged cause of players running out when the event starts. Listen to the people that is actually playing your game, cause is obvious that no one on your hotfix team know anything about your game. This is a main story line quest that stop progression, not a dinky ding side quest.

I don't think the fix was pushed out yet, otherwise (or so I would've hoped) for a ZOS confirmation here. If this maintenance period doesn't straighten it out once and for all, then I just have no faith anymore.

• Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think the fix was pushed out yet, otherwise (or so I would've hoped) for a ZOS confirmation here. If this maintenance period doesn't straighten it out once and for all, then I just have no faith anymore.

I think you are correct, I saw what she wrote and I did played before the mainetance, and I'm at work atm, so now I realize she ment during the mainetance. The frustration is high atm, hence my comment. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ , sorry about that, but when something goes for so long broken, idk what else to say.
  • Kingteranas
    Kingteranas
    Soul Shriven
    Quest.. still. not.. fixed.. No patience left. What did that maintenance even do??
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭

I think you are correct, I saw what she wrote and I did played before the mainetance, and I'm at work atm, so now I realize she ment during the mainetance. The frustration is high atm, hence my comment. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ , sorry about that, but when something goes for so long broken, idk what else to say.

I understand how you feel, but that's not the only quest blocker that they are working on. Hopefully they fix Molag bal too, But I browse the forums almost every day. New issues keep popping up when they fix something, sad but that just how it goes until they have more time to sort things out, 2 months is really not a lot of time with the scope of this game. Molag bal was fine before the last patch when I did it like 2 days before, the ending animation was fixed a while back, but now the pre fight animation broke with 1.1.3. honestly if I didnt do the quest until after, and It bugged on me, I would just move to Character number 2 and get him out of Grahtwood. I also understand my life and game time are not the same as everyone elses' just saying I get both sides that not alot of people think about
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest.. still. not.. fixed.. No patience left. What did that maintenance even do??

The maintenance is in progress right now. I don't know what maintenance you are referring to.

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server just came back up after maintenance, Darien still being chewed on by zombies:( Cannot complete the quest.

This is in Veteran content and is blocking many players progression!
  • Kingteranas
    Kingteranas
    Soul Shriven
    So.. hows the progress on this hotfix? A lot of folks like myself are checking in the game every once in a while to see if the quest is working or not

• coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, so sad. Still not fixed. Just now standing by the guy gettin chewed on. WTF is wrong with you guys ZOS? seriously.
  • DiscoBurrito
    DiscoBurrito
    Soul Shriven
    I've defended this game, but no more. We've been lied to, the "hotfix" this morning did NOTHING. If this isn't fixed I'm going to have to unsub, I can't pay for a game that i can't make any progress in.

They fixed it! Holy cow, they fixed it. Thanks, ZOS. A little slow, and communication skills need some work, but you got it done.
    Edited by DiscoBurrito on June 5, 2014 6:48PM
  • rsgurrub17_ESO
    rsgurrub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Maintenance did NOT fix this. Cannot continue quest. DO NOT tell us you are going to fix something unless you ACTUALLY fix it. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth to know you are lying.
  • Auranest
    Auranest
    Soul Shriven
    I understand things can't be fixed over night, and I accept that bugs will pop up here and there however, what I think is appalling from a company that is not only charging players high rates, but also partly responsible for a game franchise as large as Elder Scrolls is your social links to the us, players. You're absolutely dreadful at responding to people, you don't keep us informed, you don't updated on issues, you never get back to us and the help you do provide are just completely pointless and blindingly obvious such us, "Try re-logging"... Honestly? I'm sure you're working on a fix, but trust me, and thousands of others, you need to start listening to players and communicating to us.

EDIT - You're almost as bad a JaGex.
    Edited by Auranest on June 5, 2014 2:26PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is very telling that it was announced yesterday that we might receive a fix for this repeatedly broken quest but the maintenance window opened and closed today without this quest being fixed. That leads me to believe this quest was designed, coded and implemented very badly given how it routinely breaks and is so difficult to fix. The other possibility is that ZOS communicated the wrong information to us about a forthcoming fix which certainly would not be the first time ZOS has given us wrong information about something.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Do you have any updates here?
    Edited by LonePirate on June 5, 2014 2:58PM
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Do you have any updates here?

And we are tagging you cause you said there was a hotfix, what happen now?
  • fbevagnab16_ESO
    fbevagnab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm playing on EU server, I've spent most of the day trying to reset the NPC, but I always failed. I hope that maintenance tonight will fix the issue. Can anyone from US server confirm us if the recent maintenance fixed up the issue?
    I guess that EU and US player all post together on this board so it will be useful to understand if today US hotfix solved the problem.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The maintenance on the US server did NOT fix the issue.
  • fbevagnab16_ESO
    fbevagnab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Nice :(
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    The maintenance on the US server did NOT fix the issue.

Good grief, this has gone beyond ridiculous now.
  • BossPurple
    BossPurple
    Soul Shriven
    This is quite frustrating. People have been handed game time for less game-breaking bugs than this. I haven't had an apology, haven't had a hotfix work, haven't had ANY sort of compensation given to me for 5 days of not being able to play my main character. Great, I can play an alt in the beginning areas and what, level to the same quest and get stuck again? I don't mind waiting for this to get fixed, but I honestly think us affected players should be given some sort of game time compensation for the near-week that I haven't been able to play the game on the character I desire to play.
    adino wrote: »
    I totally get that you cannot have a bug free MMO. I totally get that and I also think there is too much QQing going on. However, for there to be bugs on Molag Bal or any part of a storyline quest on a game driven by quests just seems horrible.

If this was a different type of game, yeah sure go farm mobs go kill this or that or just go do some achievements. Not this game. And even if you could do those other things to have this bug since April 5th is quite frankly insulting. Literally almost 2 months.

I can no longer defend this game.

I tried everything. Nothing works. I have filed 11 bug reports and none of them are this bad and have gotten zero response. ZERO. Yeah I understand you guys are up to your ears in bug reports but no response on 11 reports in two weeks is poor customer service. It is horrific customer service.

As far as this guy goes, do you not read? They do not reply to bug reports unless they need more information. If you sent 11 bug reports, you should have read that by now as it comes up as soon as you send the report. If you desire a reply, you should probably send in a request for help. Don't cry out at their lack of customer service when you are displaying a lack of competency as a customer. Also, I've gotta say, this bug came back up again less than 7 days ago. It was previously fixed on April 14. Do your research please friend.
    Edited by BossPurple on June 5, 2014 5:14PM