The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bank Account Being Charged?

• Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    arondight wrote: »
    Rhoric wrote: »
    All sub based games require you to enter a subscription plan prior to receiving your free 30 days. You will only be charged when your 30 free days is about to expire

Well... FFXIV didn't. Neither did WoW. Or Rift. Or SWTOR. Conclusion: Stop spreading misinformation.

You are dam right. Most of the game didn't do such a thing. You gave cc infos for the first renew not to access to something you paid

• s2firestar
    s2firestar
    ✭✭
    Okay. So my account has NO money on, because it's the friggin' end of the month. This means I lose my game time and my pre-purchase? I won't have ANY kind of money on it for 1-2 weeks.

Also, I can't leave money on my card long term, because every bank in Hungary sips money away because of the bank taxes.

Also, locking any amount and then refunding means -5% for me of the money. This is prepostreous. I have pre-purchased because I WANT TO PLAY the damn game. Now you are telling me that sorry, screw you.

Now I don't want to play it that much...

You should have informed us about this PRIOR to the early access and pre-purchasing, because in this case I would have either a) save that much money on my acc b) not pre-purchase, but buy it when I have the funds ready. This way, you have my money, and I don't have my game...

What now?
    Edited by s2firestar on April 4, 2014 6:57AM
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    Now they are *** up
  • DAKherr
    DAKherr
    Boy am I glad I haven't picked a subscription type yet seeing as I can't even get more than 30 minutes playtime in before getting disconnected due to an "unknown error" without fail and now these billing issues everyone is having. I'm also glad to see that Zenimax is taking such a proactive and reactive stance on these issues by keeping completely silent and not even bothering to try to address the largely growing and very angry consumer base that they're about to screw themselves out of even further due to financial issues. Bugs in a game is one thing... but not discussing MONEY with your consumers is very bad - especially when you're not following your own agreement.

Both of these combined are going to destroy this game... and the prospect that this game could possibly be dead before it even makes it out of the gate is something that scares me just a bit. I didn't spend $160 on two copies of the Imperial Edition to have it backfire in my face like this. Bethesda needs to step in and not let their flagship franchise get its name slandered.

This is how Zenimax looks to me right now: http://i.imgur.com/cMv3W1J.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wGdDB4y.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/IbDds9T.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/oaXui9O.gif
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    i think this is just a mistake, that money thay took is not for validation, they can't tell you are paing 0 than take you the total of the plan you choose, without even warning you this was going to happen...
    someone just messed within the site building that is clear...
    or maybe they wanted to do this to us, i donno...
    Edited by Flametyn on April 4, 2014 6:57AM
  • wiz12268b14_ESO
    wiz12268b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    LOL the hits keep coming with this game.

This is why you dont buy games or pre order games that are obvious cash grabs and released in a beta form.

They really shouldnt even have to verify a card, just have one on file. That way when they actually are supposed to charge the card they can.

Yeah I know they want to make sure the card isnt stolen or whatever. So NOW they want to be all security conscious?
  • s2firestar
    s2firestar
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, and saying 0 EUR payment is not equal to 13 EUR payment.

The best idea would be to set up a pay per month system that requires user interaction. Everyone can have the 30 days, everyone is happy and those of us who don't get payed at the start of the month will still be able to play.
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that is what i was trying to say in the beta to all the people saying this game was the bbest game ever...
    I did notice about their love for money...
  • s2firestar
    s2firestar
    ✭✭
    Sinthrax, for most of us, it is not this. It is that they have NOT informed us about this thing, ANYWHERE.

For some us it is that this time is still the 'end of the month' and we have no cash on our cards. We will be able to pay in a week or two, and then every month after that. We are willing to pay.

What we are unwilling is getting screwed.
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    Sinthrax wrote: »
    BAHAHAHA!!! I am sorry but people on here talking about this $15 is making them not pay rent or overdraft there account had me freaking rolling on the floor in pure laughter. I couldn't stop freaking laughing...it hurt. If you that bad off for money why are you spending $60 on a game and $15 a month to continue to play. STOP! CANCEL! And pay your darn rent. You real life is to important..trust me.
    I'm not one of those but you are hurting ppl feelings just couse you are richer please stop...
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually a nice gold selling spam bot check on the bank account thing. Imagine how many bots could just get in on the 30 day free trial? It is pretty smart actually. A lot of places do this to check the account is legit with something like a 1 EUR charge that is then refunded.

I'm seeing people say they are being charged the full 15.. that kind of sucks as it wasn't planned and I got 2 copies for my household... not to mention paid WoW for the husband and just canceled it the other day.. Eew. I just HOPE that is is actually successful for helping keep out bots to justify it.

Though adding a max line amount in chat would have been easier (I'm just sayin).
    Edited by Anex on April 4, 2014 7:15AM
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
  • horizon011b14_ESO
    guess i was scammed aswell.. cant even play a game ive purchased cause i cant authorize my card cause ive got no money in it..

this is just evil... do i really want to play a game with such evil policies
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    guess i was scammed aswell.. cant even play a game ive purchased cause i cant authorize my card cause ive got no money in it..

this is just evil... do i really want to play a game with such evil policies

I do surely not, i've asked how to obtain a refound and obviusly they asked me to redeem the key before... :neutral_face:
  • s2firestar
    s2firestar
    ✭✭
    Response By Email (Deago) (04/04/2014 02:46 AM)
    Greetings Adventurer,

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If setting up your subscription plan using Visa, MasterCard or PayPal you may see an initial transaction against your account. However, this transaction is only temporary. The charge represents an authorization check against the account provided, and will be removed once the authorization check is complete. If your using American Express, the transaction is also temporary although the authorization check against your account may take anywhere from 3-7 days to resolve. If your using Webmoney, ideal, PaySafeCard, or Giropay to set up your subscription plan you'll be see the entire charge applied against your account immediately.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

This is the answer I got from the support.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lotro did so require it before they went f2p. WOW did too as I played both of those. EQ did also. SWG did too. Do I need to go on.
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    Lotro did so require it before they went f2p. WOW did too as I played both of those. EQ did also. SWG did too. Do I need to go on.

They did 5+ YEARS ago.

In IT thats a lot of time.

In MMO time thats a lifespan.
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the worst mmo start ever? For me maybe it is...
  • horizon011b14_ESO
    im talking 2 support in the hope there not as evil as this policy suggests.. ill let u know if they fix this 4 me or give me a generic response that basically means go away..
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    im talking 2 support in the hope there not as evil as this policy suggests.. ill let u know if they fix this 4 me or give me a generic response that basically means go away..
    Thank you, i would like to use the phone method but i'm worried couse my english isn't perfect so they can say they misunderstood all the time they want...

• Msgreenleaf
    This is ridiculous when will the charge be credited from my account?

edit: you know what eso that's the last straw. i'm cancelling the subscription. i so regret ever giving you money or any kind of payment information. ugh.
    Edited by Msgreenleaf on April 4, 2014 7:45AM
  • Bellar
    Bellar
    I bought the game, but I still have what to buy, but I still have to buy more to buy buy buy buy ... Zenimax may be enough? I want to play the game for which I have already paid the money! Give me the ability to activate the purchased code for your game!
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno about everyone else but I submitted my info today and haven't been charged a cent. On my account screen it states I will be charged $14.99 on May 4th, 2014, no charge has been taken out yet not even a pre authorization (unless it hit the bank and cleared and got removed all in the last 11 hours which is doubtful). I could understand being upset if this happened but just from my experience so far no charge has been made.
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    rdfarley89 wrote: »
    I dunno about everyone else but I submitted my info today and haven't been charged a cent. On my account screen it states I will be charged $14.99 on May 4th, 2014, no charge has been taken out yet not even a pre authorization (unless it hit the bank and cleared and got removed all in the last 11 hours which is doubtful). I could understand being upset if this happened but just from my experience so far no charge has been made.

You were just lucky...
  • s2firestar
    s2firestar
    ✭✭
    My account has been charged, and the charge failed due to the lack of funds on it... :dizzy_face:

The problem is that Zenimax did NOT tell us about this.
  • Msgreenleaf
    Upon setting up your subscription plan you may see an initial transaction against your account however this transaction is only temporary. The charge represents an authorization check against the account provided and will be removed once the authorization check is complete.

Exceptions to this general rule are Webmoney, ideal, PaySafeCard, and Giropay.

This is absolutely unacceptable. I never authorized ESO to charge my account $14.99, that is a fraudulent charge, and I will be reporting it to my bank as such. And you help/support response was awful and not at all helpful. This charge needs to be credited ASAP.
    support response:
    "Blessings of the moons upon you,
    If a subscription charge is showing up on your billing statement it is only a temporary pre-authorization charge to verify the funds are in the account. This is a pending charge that will fall off your account after a few days, but could take up to a full billing cycle to fall off depending on your bank. No funds for the subscription will actually be taken out of the account until after the first 30 days."
    Won't be taken off for up to a full billing cycle/30 days? What the heck? My bank is showing it as already gone through and taken from my account.

ESO YOU NEED TO FIX THIS NOW.
    Edited by Msgreenleaf on April 4, 2014 7:54AM
  • shakti82eb17_ESO
    Give people abbilty to redeem their codes without adding bank accounts until they decide that its needed. We paid money already, give us service what we paid for. I have no abbility to add credit card or any other metod of payment for closest 4 - 5 days.
    Edited by shakti82eb17_ESO on April 4, 2014 7:55AM
  • vaxure
    vaxure
    ✭✭✭
    No charges on my account after signing up
  • TirielsWhisper
    TirielsWhisper
    ✭✭✭
    Elvikun wrote: »
    Now, now, I always defend the right to complain and critique every little or big thing out there, but let's not go so berserk over this.

Most games and internet-based companies do this, tho yes, it's not ideal that it is not the smallest amount of money possible and that the gametime starts running immidiately after choosing a plan. I believe it's likely they will add those days back, whether you'll go berserk or not over it. It doesn't matter whether they'll do it today or in a week either, we all have at least 29 days left, so it's not so huge issue. If anything is an issue, it's the account-test amount of money blocked, so focus there.

No need to act like they just robbed your bank account and then killed you pet on the way out tho.

Most pre authorize your credit card, you're correct. I've never - not once - seen a company authorize the full amount. This is weird. FFXIV did $1, and I want to say so did Rift and SWTOR. WoW doesn't even pre-auth. When I put my card on my WoW account, it did absolutely nothing until it was time to charge my card.
  • TirielsWhisper
    TirielsWhisper
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't expecting to have to pay for my second month up front. I'm really not okay with this. Zenimax, you didn't tell me this when I forked over $80 on the same card to pay for the game. Fix this. It's not okay.
  • s2firestar
    s2firestar
    ✭✭
    And what will happen if we don't pay up? We lose our 30 days?